Normally, I would feed a meme to Grundir over there in my sidebar. Diesel says he’s been slacking a little, but he would definitely handle the job. However, since the person who tagged me is one of those people I feel oddly sympatico with, I will take this one and handle it myself. There’s tea and real English crumpets over there on the side table, Grundir. Enjoy!
According to Livvy, the English Courtesan, this meme is Seven Lots of Five. Since I’m not a tagger, I won’t bother with that bit, but anyone who wants to do it and give it their individual spin, feel free to do so. I’ve already seen some hella creative versions of this (ie Snackiepoo). I’m just gonna answer the Q’s. LOL
Where were you ten years ago?
Living in Huntington Beach. Working in West Los Angeles near Santa Monica. Yakking online to Rott and all my friends at KNAC.com. Trying to meet Rott. That didn’t actually happen until October, but we’d been talking for months and I really had a crush on him even though I had a boyfriend. Yeah, the boyfriend was the hot long haired blonde guy with the bullwhip tattoo from a few posts back. Austin B. That would be him.
5 Things on your to do list
1. Get caught up reading all the blogs I missed while my computer was down.
2. Go to the bank and pay my rent. This may seem like 2 things but it’s really one. If I didn’t need to pay the rent, I wouldn’t have to go to the bank.
3. Find my Photoshop CD.
4. Order a few groceries for delivery. I need milk, bread, English muffins for work, Krustez pancake mix, rice, and a couple packages of a Portuguese sausage called Linguica. We LOVE linguica in my house. We eat it with steamed white rice.
5. Get info on VOIP. I need a land phone again. Ugh. I’m so not in love with them, but currently, I need one so Rott can call home. He can’t call my cell much, and I miss hearing his voice. Although, I did get a quick call from him on my cell last weekend. Perked me right the hell up until he had to go. Then I started crying because I miss him so.
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Heh. I don’t see this question as a “what would you do with the money” question. I’m taking it totally at face value here. If I were a billionaire, I would cruise around on the megayacht Janie and spend my days writing. I’d get published. I’d write a lot of stuff and enjoy not being stressed. Sure, I’d invest some money, and I’d give some to charity. I’d put my kid through college and maybe even finish my last year, just so I could have the sheepskin. I’d help out some friends who would love to have their houses and cars paid off or a vacation on the yacht with me.
I’d hire lots of cute cabin boys for the first vacation. I’d invite ShinyBitch, Jen, MaryO, Hilly, Livvy, Britt, Becky, Bluepaintred, MetalMom, the other Jen, and Susan. As a counterpoint to the all female guest list, I would include Jester and UMB. We would cruise the Mediterranean and see the South of France and Monaco. I would forget about sunlight sucking. I would write on a new Mac Notebook and hand them out as vacation favors to the guests. And we’d all have fun with the cabin boys. HEH. Perhaps I should invite Karl and Othurme along to make a video of all the fun we would have… I’m good at this dreaming thing, aren’t I?
5 Places you’ve lived
1. Salinas, California – In the house I grew up in, until everyone died.
2. Tempe, Arizona – Two blocks from ASU and Sun Devil Stadium. Go Sparky Sun Devil!
3. Bellevue, Washington – Right off the 405, on a hill, in a really nice private neighborhood.
4. Sherman Oaks, California – In a brand new apartment on the fourth floor. No one else had ever lived in it and I could see the Sepulveda Dam from my balcony and kitchen window.
5. Barstow, California – In a motel on the main drag. It was definitely a drag.
5 Bad habits
1. I procrastinate. I can be an ostrich sometimes.
2. I have a bad temper. Mostly, I can control it, but it’s really a very bad temper.
3. I’m suspicious. I rarely believe people. I always think they aren’t telling me the whole truth or they have some kind of ulterior motive. Not my friends really, but other people I have to deal with. Yeah, I’m a tad paranoid. I think it goes with working in IT…
4. This goes with #3. I have a marked lack of faith in others. I never think they are going to do what they say they will. Or I think they will do it wrong. I’m the first one to think that someone’s fucked something up. I try not to open my mouth when I think this because often I put my foot in it due to my bad habit of thinking the worst.
5. I’m lazy. Sometimes. Other times I want to do things, but my body protests when I do, so I give up. I think the lazy goes with the procrastinate though.
5 jobs you’ve had
I think I did this in my 100 things… didn’t I? Lemme look… Ah! I did! Copy, paste, voila! HEH.
1. My first job was making change in my dad’s barber shop.
2. When I was in college I worked in an auto repair shop. I drove Adam Jones from Tool’s Barracuda. Booyeah!
3. I ran a coffee shop for my mom on the south end of Mercer Island, WA when I was just out of high school.
4. I stuffed envelopes for the Southern California Gardener Newsletter when it was first starting out.
5. I worked for a wish granting organization.
How was your blog named?
I was having a contest for a tagline and the Absurdist gave me “Sunlight is Overrated”, which reminded me of Britt’s tagline. When Jester actually DID come up with the tagline, I decided I loved it, but not with the original blog title. That’s when I realized that the Absurdist had named the blog. My twist on her tagline was Sunlight Sucks, which went well with Jester’s tagline of “I vant to suck your blog.”
That’s a nice ending to this meme. My title, my tagline… are all about YOU folks. I embrace you all today! Much hugs and MUAHS! Happy weekend!