Six Sentence Sunday 48

Last week, I gave you a taste of my super sekrit project Scrambling. This week I have a taste of the steampunk serial I’m taking part in. Lords of Aether will be launched in December and features myself and authors KC Burn, Charlie Cochrane, Jason Edding, Stephani Hecht and Jaime Samms. This six is from my inaugural post featuring my characters Anthony Banning and Jack Starr, former best friends and lovers.

“I never thought I’d see the day the great Jack Starr fell in love.”

Anger simmered in Jack’s seemingly casual pose. “This isn’t about how I hurt you, Anthony. This is about how we’ve been friends our entire lives. I need your help.”

With a sigh, Anthony gave up his minor thoughts of revenge.

I hope you’ll come by the Lords of Aether site in December and see what we have to offer. The story will be free to readers.

Many thanks to those of you who come by each Sunday to read and comment. Your support is greatly appreciated. Please check out the other Six Sunday authors by clicking HERE. Happy Sunday!

18 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday 48

1. Great six – and it sounds like a great book. Roll on December! 🙂

2. Dee Carney says:

Aww… Anthony’s a good guy whether he realizes it or not. 🙂

3. “Minor thoughts of revenge” was a great phrase. Love this straightforward, clean writing.

4. Awesome six, Lex and I LOVE steampunk! Can’t wait to see what you give us next week! Happy Sunday!

5. Alix says:

Hot Six! and great pace. I always love the pace you create.

6. Eleri Stone says:

Great setup. Sounds like they have a complicated relationship. The best kind (in fiction anyway).

7. Gemma Parkes says:

Great six, full of tension!

8. Oh, Jack. Surely it won’t be that easy! LOL. (Minor thoughts of revenge, indeed!) Great six, Lex!

9. Awesome all the way around 🙂

10. Kerrianne Coombes says:

Hot and steampunk! Excellent! ;-D

11. Lords of Aether sounds wonderful! Can’t wait to hear more about it. Great dialogue and emotion in your six. Nice job, Lex!

12. Dakota Trace says:

Hmmm….minor thoughts of revenge? What did he do to cause those? Either way, I look forward to reading this book. Love me some steampunk!

13. Lisa Fox says:

Steampunk serial = awesome! And I love the six!

14. “Minor thoughts of revenge…” Hm, I wonder what that included. A great six! Sounds like an exciting project. 🙂

15. Jasmine says:

How fab! I LOVE steampunk.

16. Great six, Lex. Good luck your combined effort. I’m still trying to wrap my head around “steampunk.” *lol*

17. A steampunk serial? Now that’s intriguing.

And simmering in anger? Should make for a steamy brew!

18. A steampunk serial? Now that’s intriguing.

Simmering in anger? Should make for a steamy brew.