Six Sentence Sunday 47

This week we go to one of my WIPs. I’ve just turned in my MLR Press Christmas story Breath of Heaven and it will be out December 15. So now I’m only actively juggling four WIPs with the same number simmering on the back burner waiting to be called to the front. This six is from Scrambling.

Evan McAdam sat on the hard plastic chair in the hospital waiting room. Beside him sat the only man he’d ever loved. The man who had sobbed in his arms the night before. The man he’d made love to for the first and probably only time that same night.

To be honest, they’d made love all night and into the wee hours of the morning so it wasn’t just one time. Still, Evan knew it would probably never happen again.

I’m not at liberty to discuss this WIP, but many thanks to those of you who come back here faithfully each week to read my Six no matter what it is. I sincerely appreciate your support. Please visit the other Six Sunday participants by clicking HERE. And don’t forget to retweet SSS posts with the hashtag #sixsunday. Happy Daylight Savings Time Sunday!

29 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday 47

1. Dee Carney says:

Aww *sniffle* so sad!! 🙁

2. Wow, what a beautifully written piece. And love that photo, yum 😀

3. aww…how sad. I’m totally left wondering why they won’t be together again. And why they’re in hospital waiting room….and I totally found it distracting. The photo that is! HAWT!

4. Aww. I have faith things will work out for the two of them. Very moving six.

5. Zee Monodee says:

Poignant and sad, totally gripping too! The setting just ups the dramatic tension. Great job! xoxo

6. Stacey Kennedy says:

It was seriously difficult to read your snippet with that picture there. LOL! Beautiful snippet, though, very touching!

7. Alix says:

So tender and beautifully written. Thank you!

8. Aww, such a sweet and tender snippet! I also love the title!

9. Laura Kaye says:

Oh, how sad! And, my god, the tenderness in that kiss slays me!

10. Makes me want to know what is going between these two.

11. Vivien Dean says:

Aw, I feel for him. Well done!

12. Guilie says:

Love these six, Lex. AND you happen to be a namesake of the MC in my first novel, so perhaps I’m not being very objective when I say I’ll be back for more 🙂 Have a great Sunday!

• Lex says:

It’s okay if I’m a namesake. After all, I stole this name from one of my characters back before I was pubbed and still going by my nickname Winter. My character’s name was Alexandria Valentine Morosci McBain Kohl aka Lex Valentine (It was her professional name as she was the manager of a rock star.)

13. So sad. Very touching six, Lex. We can always count on you for a great pic. You are the master of hot images, sexy lady!!

14. Sharita Lira says:

OOh I love it and the pic. SEXY

SLira aka BLMorticia

15. I definitely want to know what’s next, you set the scene so well, drew me right in. Great excerpt!

16. Hey Lex! Love the six! Hope you have a fantastic Sunday!

17. Dakota Trace says:

Oh I definitely will be on the look out for when Scrambling comes out. Great six, Lex. I can’t wait to read the rest. Any idea when it will come out?

• Lex says:

It’s a WIP so obviously, it’s not done yet. I’m polishing my synopsis and first three chapters and then it’s off to an editor at a house I’m not with. The editor has read my M/M stuff before though which is why I’m sending it to her. We’ll have to wait and see if she likes it.

18. Nina Pierce says:

So many questions you’ve raised in just six sentences. Of course I want to know what’s going on with these two guys!

• Lex says:

The bare bones is that the two men are best friends. The sobbing one’s partner is in the hospital dying. It’s cheating yet it’s not cheating because the couple hasn’t been together emotionally or physically in a year. But the sobbing man can’t abandon the sick man because he’s…sick. It’s a big guilt thing.

19. Sherry Gloag says:

like the depth of his inner thoughts and compassion

20. Emily Cale says:

So much going on here! I won’t ask any questions since you aren’t able to discuss, but you should know secrets drive me crazy.

21. Lisa Fox says:

Very bittersweet and in a hospital now less. Lots going on here.

22. Aw, I want to know why he thinks that they won’t be together again. A great six! And hot pic! 🙂

23. Jasmine says: