Six Sentence Sunday 15

I’ve been working on Breathe Me In not the Ruined Lady this past week, but I did promise to post what happens when Nick wakes up so I’ve continued on from the end of last week’s flashback from the Ruined Lady.

Nick’s eyes flickered open. He was lying in his bed in Ravencourt House, not in the grass at Rothmore and not with Carlisle. It had been seven years since that day in the hollow, but his mind recalled it with precision otherwise he’d not have dreamed it in such exact detail. Pale grey light peeped around the edges of the heavy blue drapes. The day of the Stansfield ball had dawned and that meant Nick had a rendezvous at midnight with Carlisle. He was painfully erect from the dream and thinking of what would happen later only made it worse. His fingers brushed against his hardened length as he wondered if he would ever need to service himself again after this night.

I’ll have the next bit of this scene next week so stay tuned! Click HERE to visit the Six Sentence Sunday site where you will find lots of links to other SSS offerings!

Have a great Sunday!

27 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday 15

1. what a fab snippet… but darn did you have to finish it right there? I want to know what happens next, what happened previously, and will he ever have to self-serve again!

2. Casi says:

Well, that was a wonderful place to cut off.

It also sounds like he's going to set up something permanent… I wonder what goes wrong to get in his way.

3. Pippa Jay says:

Seven years is a long time to wait!

4. a hot six! πŸ˜€

5. Whew! Hot in here…Great Six!

6. You distract me every week with these yummy men!

7. Gem Sivad says:

Very evocative. I want to be there when he and Carlisle meet again.

8. Alanna says:

Very nice. I missed the dream….must scroll back…

9. I have to agree with everyone's comment. That picture is VERY distracting. lol

You couldn't have picked a better one for your Six though.

As for the six, nice set up for what is going to come- which is going to be steamy!

10. Julianne says:

Ooh, i second Jayel's comment. Very hot, lex!

11. jayel kaye says:

WOW. that was hot

12. J.C. Martin says:

That picture…is…very…distracting! Great six too!

13. Arlene Webb says:

It took alot of concentration to look away from that picture. Good thing the words were worth it. His anticipation is shown, hard and well. Great excerpt.

14. Julia – I almost missed too. I had the post done but forgot to post it at 9 pm.

Eleri – It's gonna be a very interesting ball!

Lisa – I'll have another one next week.

Laurie – The midnight scene is very cool and gets very hot! I'm going to try to stick to this WIP for awhile.

15. Great sense of building anticipation and desire (and ohhh…that pic!) Hope we get to find out what happens at midnight on a future Sunday. πŸ™‚

16. Jessica – Next up is Nick in his tub. You can guess his activities! πŸ˜‰

Kerrianne – That's one of my fave photos.

Taryn – The ball holds some surprises for Nick and Carlisle. And readers get a good look at Leonora and Anthony, the hero and heroine of the second book.

Gem – Carlisle finds out something about Nick that really colors their next meeting so it's all high drama!

Ann – It's all part of the bathtub scene coming up. πŸ˜‰

Layna – Thanks! But it's about to get warmer…

Heather – The dream was last week, Nick's flashback to him and Carlisle experimenting with sex.

Eve – Another 6 next Sunday!

17. Lisa Fox says:

Everything I've read from this story is so very hot! Another excellent snippet!

18. Eleri Stone says:

Now I want to know what happens when he meets up with Carlisle later. Love the description of the light seeping through the drapes.

19. Dang it! I missed SSS this week…again! Like it lots, Lex!

20. Eve Cassidy says:

Sounds great. I want more. πŸ™‚

21. Great snippet. That must have been quite the dream!

22. Hot stuff. Great post, Lex!

23. Ann Mayburn says:

Meow! Oh my I do so want him to service himself now πŸ˜‰

24. Ooooh. Sexy. Nice description. Nice emotion. Nice scene-setting. Definitely want to know what happened before and what will happen at the ball!

25. Kerrianne says:

Sexy! Great pic too!

26. Hot and intriguing! Can't wait to find out what happens later that day. πŸ™‚