Six Sentence Sunday 12

It was my intent to post more of Nick and Carlisle from The Ruined Lady. I did work on them this week. However, I wrote more in Breathe Me In and it was more powerful.

Here’s the scoop:

Breathe Me In is part of the Tales of the Darkworld series. It sneaks in after Sunstroked and is a direct offshoot of it.  Secondary character Wilson North demanded his own story. It is a gay erotic paranormal romance pairing Will (who is a vampire and former lover of both the heroes of Sunstroked) with Garrick Forrester, a secondary character from Ride the Lightning.  I never told the readers that Garrick was gay so this may surprise them!

In this scene from the opening, Will and Garrick meet in a mausoleum through sheer force of destiny. Garrick (who is a wizard, one of the Magia, the magical race) is drawn there by his theurgic senses and the pull that calls him is that of one fated mate to the other.

Dark lashes flicked up and the beauty of Wilson North blazed through Garrick’s very soul when their eyes met a second time. The lure of such angelic masculinity proved too much for him and he found himself pushing off from the marble crypt. He glided toward the bench where Will sat, his sole thought to lose himself in the salvation those dark eyes promised.

A visible shiver went through Will as Garrick stopped before him. Holding out his hand, Garrick silently prayed to the gods that Will would just take it and question things later. At the moment, all Garrick wanted was to touch Will, hold him and love him. Problems and logistics and the real world and all its damned obligations could come into play and be solved – or not – later. For just this moment in time, Garrick wanted to hold Will and breathe him in and know that they belonged to one another.

I know, that’s really eight not six sentences, but I couldn’t leave you hanging in the middle of the paragraph! 😉

To check out the other awesome Six Sentence Sunday authors and offerings, click HERE.

Have a great Sunday!

28 Responses to Six Sentence Sunday 12

1. Emily Cale says:

Great six! Love the emotions you are able to capture.

2. Eve Cassidy says:

Ooh I definitely want to read more. Great six!

3. Liz says:

Passionate and lovely scene!

4. Aww. Very sweet scene.

5. Vivi Dumas says:

OMG. I so hope Will gives into Garrick.

6. Fallon Blake says:

I love how intense this is!

7. Stacey Kennedy says:

Aw, sweet!!

8. So glad you didn't leave me with that cliffhanger. Will he take Garrick's hand? Or won't he?

Now I know. 🙂

Loved reading the original six and the continuing story. Beautifully written.

9. Arlene Webb says:

Hot and packed with emotion. I'd love to get to know more about this pair.

10. Yes, but these are eight very descriptive, emotion-packed sentences. Great stuff!

11. So vivid! Sensual and descriptive!

12. jayelKaye says:

hot and erotic as hell. Welldone

13. Graylin – Thank you!

14. Graylin Fox says:

Intense and beautiful!

15. Lex says:

Marie – It's Will's beauty that gives the contrast. And it's something that calls to Garrick, especially in his line of work.

Angel – Garrick's fancifulness with regard to how he thinks of his mate is what causes the angel references right down to wings. LOL

Eleri – Thanks so much!

16. Eleri Stone says:

I really like that last line too : )

17. Lovely, Lex, both snippets. I did have to slow down, though. For a moment, I thought Will actually had wings.

18. Marie Dees says:

The contrast of vampire/angel in the description is really intriguing me. Oh, and it's hot too.

19. Lex says:

For those of you who truly want to know what comes next…

With dark eyes blazing, Will slipped his hand into Garrick’s and they both hissed in a breath as a metaphysical crackle of electricity arced between them. Then with a slow, fluid motion like that of wings unfurling, Will came to his feet. Garrick noted the slight wince the vampire gave as his weight settled onto both legs. He sensed rather than saw the pain that lanced through Will’s body despite the natural grace of his movements. And he wished with every bit of his theurgic strength that he could heal his mate’s injuries despite the sure knowledge that Will had received the best healing possible after his accident. Helplessness never sat well within Garrick and with this man it spurred his natural possessiveness.

20. Lex says:

Jessica – The scene takes place in a mausoleum. Will is visiting the crypts of his family members, sitting on a bench near them. Garrick had been following his theurgic senses and the pull of his mate and found Will there. As he's speaking to Will, he leans against Will's uncle's crypt…until he decides to step closer and hold out his hand.

Dee – I'm not so sure these two are all that sweet compared to Seth and Corey in Sunstroked. Certainly, they are drawing more lush prose from me.

Marsha – Thanks, that line is a thread through the whole novella.

Kerrianne – Thank you, this whole story is rather intense.

Lyncee – I'll show you in my next comment.

Cate – Thanks! I love my Tales series for the fact that it takes our modern world and adds magic and other paranormal creatures to it.

Lisa – I'm so glad you liked it!

21. Lisa Fox says:

Sweet and beautiful!

22. Cate Masters says:

Oo, love the masup of genres. Really makes me want to read more. Great six!

23. Lyncee says:

So does he take his hand?

24. Kerrianne says:

So intense. Really great six.

25. Really like the intensity of your last line!

26. Dee Carney says:

Aww…very sweet!

(I know the answer to Jessica's question!)

27. You show Garrick's want of Will very well, but I'm curious at to why he was on the marble crypt.