Fresh as an Old Sock

I believe I’ve begun this new year feeling about as fresh as an old sock. I have so much stuff going on with Lex Valentine and Winterheart Design and at work that instead of being energized by the bright shiny new year we have…I’m just tired. I’m starting to wonder if maybe I should use a little of that stockpile of vacation hours that I have.  I can’t afford to go anywhere but just the idea of not getting up at the ass crack of dawn every day is appealing. The simple joy of sleeping in an extra hour is so nice. I did that a couple of times over the holidays and I can’t tell you how wonderful it made me feel. I won’t tell you how crappy my back felt from my POS bed though.

I long for the ability to lie in bed and read books on my Nook for hours upon end. That would be my idea of retirement. I know I’m not ever gonna be able to retire and cruise the Mediterranean on a mega yacht while I write my books on a state of the art laptop.  But to just sleep in or lie in bed reading all afternoon seems like a dream.

Oh, those luscious dreams. The bad thing about them is that 1) you wake up and 2) all that lying around means my brain would be dreaming up more and more plots and I’d never be able to relax after all.

I’ve been told that the tired I feel and the apathy come from the big M. Not Men. Menopause. Gross topic if you ask me.  But supposedly I’m wiped out because of the M, not because of other stuff. I don’t really care what/who is doing this to me.  I just want it to stop.  So I ponder taking more than a day or two off work and wonder if it will help at all.

I do know that a Marcus does wonders for me and like every Monday here on this blog, I have a Marcus photo!

He looks like he’s dressed for the weather here. No matter whether he’s dressed or undressed, Marcus is always hot!

I’m headed off to the office now. Gotta a lotta work to do this week working on the end of the year and end of December stuff.  Even old socks have their place in the universe! Have a great Monday and if you’re in the southland, try to stay dry!

10 Responses to Fresh as an Old Sock

1. Evie Balos says:

This response might be a tad late in the week, but I’ll prod our Lex: Take that vacation time!!!!

You deserve a break.

🙂

Evie

2. Evie Balos says:

You deserve a break.

🙂

Evie

3. You have been going at an amazingly incredible rate, hon. I really hope you can find some time to RELAX!!!!!
    *big hugs*

4. You have been going at an amazingly incredible rate, hon. I really hope you can find some time to RELAX!!!!!
    *big hugs*

Marty – With the Nook you can buy ebooks anywhere that they sell them as pdf or epub (except for Amazon which is strictly Kindle) and transfer them from your desktop to the Nook with a USB cable. I personally love the Nook and want the color one now. I wouldn’t go to the Kindle. I broke the bezel on my Nook and they sent me a replacement under warranty. I packaged the broken one in the box the new one came in and sent it off UPS. Didn’t cost me a penny. I had the new Nook within 3 days. Awesome customer service. I believe some of my books are available at Barnes and Noble. They’re available at Amazon too if you decide to go with the Kindle.

Regina – I know. I should rest more. Don’t have to worry about heat at the moment, but I do dislike it when the weather is warm. It sucks away my energy.

7. Get some damn rest, woman! Yes, the big M can drain you. I know all about that. Rest when you can, eat right and avoid the heat.

8. Get some damn rest, woman! Yes, the big M can drain you. I know all about that. Rest when you can, eat right and avoid the heat.

I’m curious about the Nook. My wife wants an ereader now and I was going to get her a Kindle for Christmas, but she decided she wants to look at other readers. Are your books on the Nook (Barnes & Noble)?

I’m starting off the new year right by organizing my story ideas and really going to try and make 2011 a year of change for me, becoming more of a writer and filming person.