Where’s My Cold?

Apparently, the only cold I have is the one in my head. Yes, after three years without a single cold…I got one. It was rather inevitable since everyone in my office has had it, people rarely stay home, and if you ask them if they have a cold, they tell you they aren’t sick. It does kinda give it away that they are hacking and coughing and blowing their noses and can’t hear on the phone cause their ears are plugged, but nonetheless, I have had people tell me they aren’t sick and then proceed to start coughing and sneezing. What can you do?

The worst part of my cold hasn’t been me being sick. The worst part is that I gave it to Rott. He’s not a good sick person. He gets angry about being sick. Things go bang, crash, boom when Rott is sick. And then I feel uber guilty. Not that I meant to give it to him because of course I didn’t, but I do live in the same house. I guess I shouldn’t have sat in the recliner and fallen asleep thereby spreading my germs around the living room for him to ingest. I’ll just keep to myself the fact that he could have woken me and told me to get the hell to bed and away from him. *sigh*

Now, the other reason for this title is that it’s November. Hello? Turkey Day is just around the corner. And what temperature do you think it was here yesterday? 82. WTF? That’s too hot for me. Where’s my winter? Where’s my cold? I want 68 degrees so I can put on a coat, wear a sweater, and not start sweating at 1 in the afternoon! I freaking hate global warming. I swear it’s half the reason I got the damned cold. The temperature here in SoCal cannot make up it’s mind. Hot, cold. Rain, wind. Dry, wet. This fall has seen record breaking heat waves. 107 in October? 102? This isn’t right. I want my cold.

Well, if I must have hot, then I’ll settle for Marcus. His kinda hot is always welcome with me.

Click on that to see the full-size image. Oh, baby. Now that is a very welcome heat!

I’m gonna take myself off to work but before I do, you can check out my Lex Valentine blog to see six sentences from my latest WIP, a sequel to Rock My World that released on Friday at Ellora’s Cave. There’s also a post there called Back to Back about Rock My World and my Veteran’s Day release Honorable Silence. I’ll be at Castles and Guns tomorrow and I’m also part of Eliza Gayle’s Naughty November. If you like naughty excerpts, you’ll want to check out Eliza’s site.

Have a great Monday!

16 Responses to Where’s My Cold?

1. Fedora says:

Sorry to hear about having a cold in the heat 🙁 Hope you’re feeling better, and hope you’ll get the weather you want, too! Thanks for sharing the good heat though 😉

2. Fedora says:

3. Susie says:

Lex,

Glad your starting to feel better.

HUGS
    Susie

4. Susie says:

Lex,

Glad your starting to feel better.

HUGS
    Susie

Carol – Thankfully I’m on the mend and Rott actually sounds a little better today.

Julia – The heat is nice sometimes, but I’m just tired of the seesaw of extreme heat and rain.

Mary – I had a flu shot too. It’s probably why this cold didn’t get really bad. Get some Cold-Eeze lozenges. I got that for Rott and it helps a lot!

7. marot says:

Girl I agree with the cold weather. Lately it been cool eough to start the fire in the fireplace & just relax in my snuggly pj’s. It only got up to 45 here today. That is my kind of weather.
    I’ld told Rott to go to bed & leave me alone. Spence is a whiny sick so I dont know which one is worse. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. I too have to put up with those co workers who say they aint sick. To bad I work in a place where all the college kids come through coughing, sneezing and hacking. I am going to stock up on some Zicam & have already had a flu shot.

8. marot says:

9. Sorry about your cold, but man…while I’m loving the gorgeous sun, I want some cold winter weather – yes, it’s been super warm where I am too and I don’t like it! Except I went to the beach yesterday and that was sweet!

10. Sorry about your cold, but man…while I’m loving the gorgeous sun, I want some cold winter weather – yes, it’s been super warm where I am too and I don’t like it! Except I went to the beach yesterday and that was sweet!

Tonya – Oh yeah. Marcus makes everything better! Actually, I got Rott some Cold-Eeze and he’s feeling better today. Mine’s much better too. Thanks for coming by!

13. I haven’t been sick in a few years either. At the end of October I suffered from a 24-hour stomach virus going around. This past Saturday I started to feel rundown, I thought I was exhausted dealing with everything going on, working, school, writing, helping to take care of my mamaw with cancer. Then Sunday I really started to feel bad, today, I feel horrible and have to go into work at one.

But I hope you and Rott are both feeling better:)

Love the pic;)

14. I haven’t been sick in a few years either. At the end of October I suffered from a 24-hour stomach virus going around. This past Saturday I started to feel rundown, I thought I was exhausted dealing with everything going on, working, school, writing, helping to take care of my mamaw with cancer. Then Sunday I really started to feel bad, today, I feel horrible and have to go into work at one.

But I hope you and Rott are both feeling better:)

Love the pic;)

15. Carol says:

You can’t feel guilty for giving Rott a cold. But sorry he’s a bad sick person. LOL..
    And I never realized how similar California is to Texas in the winter. To get a cold holiday is kind of hit and miss.

Take care, and hope the cold gets better! For Rott, too!

Hugs.

16. Carol says:

Take care, and hope the cold gets better! For Rott, too!

Hugs.