Wooty Woot!

Sometimes I hate the internet. Traffic makes your site bursty and poofta! Your post is gone! Luckily, this time WordPress had it saved. Last time, I wasn’t so lucky.

Anyway, oh, have I got some news for you today! On Tuesday night I got a congratulatory email from the EPIC Awards committee. Both Ride the Lightning and Insolence were chosen as finalists in the EPIC Awards. This is both an honor and a shock! I seriously didn’t think I stood any chance of finaling. After all, the most popular book I wrote (Fire Season) with it’s 12+ stellar reviews, with it’s sales that made me PAN eligible, was passed over last year in the EPIC Awards. If Fire Season – a book beloved by many – couldn’t final how could less popular books I’ve written stand a chance? Yet, there they are. Two EPIC Award finalists. Who woulda thunk it? Wooty Woot!

On the writing front, I’ve finished my dark tale In the Light for the Wishing on a Blue Star anthology for Patric Michael. My editor Kris already has it and we’ve done some edits. It’s about 6500 words of Weylyn Randall. My publisher at Pink Petal Books, who really has the final say over whether I can write about Weylyn for another publisher, gave me the okay to use the horndog werewolf for this anthology that will be published by Dreamspinner Press. And really, it’s for Patric. It’s not about money or rights or anything else. But I thank Mary from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to briefly take Weylyn from his home at PPB for Patric’s book.

Next up is Christmas Wishes and edits for Unbreak Me. In Christmas Wishes you’ll get to find out why Devon’s brother Brad has been partying it up every Christmas in Vegas. If you can’t be with the one you want, then get blitzed in Vegas and forget your broken heart! Christmas Wishes has a Jimmy Thomas cover and since it’s Thursday I should really post a Jimmy image.

GAH! Wouldn’t you like to come home to find that sleeping in YOUR bed? I’d be satisfied just petting him a little. He’s so damned sexy! *fans self* If you want to see more of Jimmy just head over to RNC or Jimmy’s personal site.

Before I head off, I know a lot of you buy your books…and my books *wink* at ebook stores. One of the stores that carries my books is in the process of changing their name and their URL so spread the word and let everyone know so that you don’t miss an opportunity to buy my stuff from them!

Make note of the new URL and check out their new Twitter and Facebook accounts as well! Don’t forget, they have MY books there! 😉

I’m out for this Thursday. It’s a busy day at work for me so just kick back and enjoy the Jimmy alrighty? Have a great day!

16 Responses to Wooty Woot!

Congrats on getting the EPIC award finalists.

Congrats on getting the EPIC award finalists.

3. Congrats on finaling for EPIC, Lex. Woot! And thanks for sharing that yummy pic of Jimmy. He looks, oh, so nice! 🙂 Can’t wait to see the cover for Christmas Wishes.

4. Congrats on finaling for EPIC, Lex. Woot! And thanks for sharing that yummy pic of Jimmy. He looks, oh, so nice! 🙂 Can’t wait to see the cover for Christmas Wishes.

5. Dee Carney says:

Congrats, girl! Well deserved!

6. Dee Carney says:

Congrats, girl! Well deserved!

7. Carol says:

Congratulations on your good news!
    And…well…I wouldn’t complain if he were waiting in my bed when I came home.
    He’d BETTER get plenty of rest…I would certainly keep the dear busy.

8. Carol says:

Congratulations on your good news!
    And…well…I wouldn’t complain if he were waiting in my bed when I came home.
    He’d BETTER get plenty of rest…I would certainly keep the dear busy.

9. Sarah McNeal says:

I wonder if there is an author who hasn’t had Jimmy on one of their covers. He’s on the cover of my book, BITTER NOTES. Do you think it’s difficult for a man as handsome as Jimmy to find true love? Does he wonder if she loves him for his looks and might not be there for him when he turns 70? What about jealousy? I can imagine the women who would be afraid of the beautiful women he associates with on a daily basis. I wonder how he handles women oogling his body. Does he feel objectified or does he take it as a complment. It must be difficult to maintain his build working out at the gym every day.
    Sarah

10. Sarah McNeal says:

Sarah

11. Rita Hestand says:

Have Jimmy, I will travel to see him. Love that Jimmy, sigh. Yepper, I’ve got several covers with him on it, and they all do well. Thanks Jimmy and thansk for putting him up.
    Love and blessings
    Rita

12. Rita Hestand says:

Love and blessings
    Rita

13. congrats on being a finalist in the awards! wonderful!

14. congrats on being a finalist in the awards! wonderful!

15. Tina Donahue says:

OMG, is that a gorgeous picture of Jimmy or what???

He’s on the cover of my erotic romance In His Arms and believe me, while I was writing it, I pictured him many, many times as he is above in bed. Yum! 🙂

16. Tina Donahue says:

OMG, is that a gorgeous picture of Jimmy or what???