Does It Matter?

It’s raining. Not very heavily. And it’s not cold. Cool, but not cold. At least not cold to this native of NoCal. I have two days of vacation, making this a 4 day weekend for me. Two of the days have already been spent worrying over a sick Rott. He might have the Big P so off to the doc he goes at some point today. Or so he said last night as he coughed up a lung.

It’s now 7:30 am and my neighbors should have gone to work. None of them have budged from the 2 parking spots allotted to the 4 condos. It’s street sweeper day which means my car has to be off the street by 9 am. And there’s no spots available. So I’ll probably have to park in front of our garage, behind where Rott’s SUV sits. But first, a run down to the end of the block for machaca and eggs. Yum.

The thing is since I don’t have to go to work and it’s 7:30 in the morning, I don’t want to brush my hair. I don’t want to put on a bra. I just want to trot down to the car in sweats and a sweat jacket with the hair shoved up in a scrunchie, wallet hanging by it’s strap from my wrist… I wanna jump in the old Intrepid, dash down to the end of the block where the little Mexican food place is, go through the drive through, and come back home. Total time: 10 minutes tops.

So tell me? Does it matter if I brush my hair or not? Does it matter if I put on the bra or not? Does it matter if I haven’t showered or brushed my teeth yet?

I’m not a schedule today other than the fact that I have to move the car. I can take my shower at my leisure. So is it okay to go less than a block in my sweats with unbrushed hair on a rainy day to pick up a couple of breakfast burritos for me and my sick man?

You know I’m gonna do it. But I wonder what people think. I don’t care what they think, especially if I don’t know ’em, but I wonder just the same. Curiosity, I guess.  So give me your opinion and weigh in on this question. Is it okay on a rainy day when you don’t have to go to work to drive a block braless with unbrushed hair to pick up a burrito before 8 am? I really wanna know what you think!

Now, what kind of Marcus can I give you on a rainy SoCal day?

A wet one. That works for me. Oh yeah.

And now, I’m off to get breakfast burritos while you folks answer my question! Have a great Monday!

30 Responses to Does It Matter?

1. susan leech says:

I say do what you want..whose going to see you anyway and heck friends like you no matter how you look . I have folks coming to wal mart and shop in less than you have on if you have your house coat or robe on. No kidding. They walk around the store in pjs. susan Leech

2. susan leech says:

Julianne – Where I live there is no such thing as a cute cop. *shudders*

Marty – The rain is due to be gone by Thursday/Friday. 🙂

Lisa – Well, I finished a manuscript so I wasn’t completely relaxing, but it was nice to not have to go to the office.

Carol – For ten minutes it wasn’t worth it and breakfast was delish!

Keena – At least I don’t flash the paparazzi with my panty-less crotch! I wore sweats! 😉

Julianne – Where I live there is no such thing as a cute cop. *shudders*

Marty – The rain is due to be gone by Thursday/Friday. 🙂

Carol – For ten minutes it wasn’t worth it and breakfast was delish!

5. Well given how many celebrity pics I see where she is braless, has unwashed hair and looks like she slept in the clothes she’s wearing, I’d say running out without bra, make-up or a fresh change of clothes is fashionable. 😉

6. Well given how many celebrity pics I see where she is braless, has unwashed hair and looks like she slept in the clothes she’s wearing, I’d say running out without bra, make-up or a fresh change of clothes is fashionable. 😉

7. Carol says:

I’ll tell anyone who asks that it doesn’t matter…to go ahead, go braless, make-up-less, no brushing the hair.

But, then, when it comes my turn to make that decision, I–just by annoying habit–find myself fixing my hair, putting on a bra, and—silly me—even wearing make-up.

So I don’t guess I have room to talk!

But for your day off? Nah! For only ten minutes out? Nah.

8. Carol says:

So I don’t guess I have room to talk!

But for your day off? Nah! For only ten minutes out? Nah.

9. I vote no bra or hair worries. Just go as you are…get back and relax. That’s what you do on your day off. 🙂

10. I vote no bra or hair worries. Just go as you are…get back and relax. That’s what you do on your day off. 🙂

I don’t think it matters. It’s a quick drive down the road.

Guess I’ll be missing most of the rain when I’m in the O.C. later this week.

I don’t think it matters. It’s a quick drive down the road.

Guess I’ll be missing most of the rain when I’m in the O.C. later this week.

13. Julianne says:

Heck, why should it matter? On the other hand, say you’re pulled over by a cute cop, or you have to run into that restaurant to pick up something they forgot? Do you really want to do that in curlers? 😉 I don’t know. Just me. I’d probably just run a quick brush through my hair, if nothing else. Good luck, Winter!

14. Julianne says:

Christiane – Not in the drive through a block from my condo I’m not gonna bump into Mr. Yummy. Besides, I have a Yummy Man at home. He’s just sick poor thing. 🙁

17. Christiane says:

It is raining/misting and their is something who is more important that a brush and bra: java!!! and it is not like you are going to bump into Mr. Yummy?

18. Christiane says:

ZAM – I hear ya on the bra. Normally, I go nowhere without it. But I has aches and pains this morning so I didn’t bother. Besides buried beneath my sleep shirt and LAVC sweatjacket, you couldn’t tell. LOL

Patrick – I agree. Other than work, of course.

Georgie – I love cold and rain because that’s what it does most where I’m from. I’m used to it. What I don’t like is the way the temps have been vacillating here in SoCal. And I’m not a fan of extreme heat.

Patrick – I agree. Other than work, of course.

21. Georgie Lee says:

As a fellow SoCal resident, I’m tired of the cold and rain too. I say, if you don’t have to go anywhere, be comfortable.

22. Georgie Lee says:

23. Patrick Doris says:

people should dress how they feel comfortable not for other

24. Patrick Doris says:

people should dress how they feel comfortable not for other

25. Zamaxfield says:

Delish! I don’t care either, as that’s how I deliver my kids to school every morning. Oh, sometimes I make an effort. Today was late start day so they greeted me with breakfast in bed… (Yeah, I’m still alive but the shock nearly killed me. They can use the waffle iron with the best of them but of course, they’re 12 year old boys and always drown it in syrup.)

I figure if I am not getting out of my car then you don’t have to look. But I never go anywhere without a bra. I can’t even start my day without one, which has prompted my husband, and now of course, the children, to tease me about “The Bra Of Destiny” without which, things never get done.

It needs its own sound track. And hell, lets face it. It needs its own fricking zipcode… Can I getta AMEN!

26. Zamaxfield says:

Dave – I didn’t care. And the woman at the drive through who knows us cause we go there all the time said, “Day off?” So she knew. LOL And the eggs, rice and beans were uber fresh so it was worth it!

29. Dave2 says: