The Long Goodbye

Do you remember when you were 20 or so and everything you felt seemed so overwhelming, larger than life, and never ending? I remember those days. OMG. I was such a drama queen. Not so much overtly as in my head.

Those days were brought back to me this weekend when Nikki (Motley) broke up with her boyfriend.  This is the boyfriend everyone had reservations about because he was possessive (and talking about getting married and having kids when neither of them even has a job) and did controlling things like yell at her demanding she hang up if she was on the phone with me and we were disagreeing. I mean, I heard his tone of voice, it bothered me. I’m not into guys who want to control me and tell me what to do so it bothers me when someone treats my kid that way.

My co-workers and Rott all had the same impression of his behavior…stalker in the making.  So their relationship gave me more than a few qualms. Well, about a month ago she moved back home (she’d been staying with him out in Corona) and we breathed a sigh of relief. Then this weekend she broke up with him.

I didn’t much in the way of details but basically, they broke up and agreed to be friends and he told her he’d still take her to school on Monday. Well, she went out with friends that night, and being a single girl again, she messed around a little with a guy she’s known since high school. The next day, the brand new ex wants to talk.

So Nikki goes out with him to have yet another discussion about their relationship. She came home and didn’t really want to talk about it. She said enough though. He’s not taking her to school (I am) and he laid on the big emotional scene apparently.  She’s hurt him so badly. She’s worthless. He should be dead. Drama. Drama. Drama.

Ahhh, I remember those days! Every break up was a long goodbye. It was all woe is me, I’ll never feel like this again. You’ve broken my heart so badly I might as well be dead. Emo to the nth degree.

I’m not knocking the guy for feeling like that, I just don’t like it that he tried to make her feel bad about herself. (Although, Rott thinks that’s just part and parcel of the whole controlling thing-I wanna be an abuser when I grow up.) I tried to remember back to those drama days of my late teens-early 20’s to see if I could remember ever trying to make David (from Bella Daddy) feel bad for breaking up with me. I decided that I don’t think I did. I think I liked him too much as a friend to do that. (The other guy I was with back then didn’t dump me. I dumped him pretty much.)

Anyway, Nikki’s single again and even though Rott is looking over his shoulder wondering if the guy lost it and went to get a gun, I think that other than maybe some Facebook slamming and pissy texts from him, it’s probably all over with. Mama don’t let your babies grow up to date stalkers… I know that’s mean of me. It’s not like the guy ever hit her. Least, not that I know of. If he had, he’d probably be wearing a bullet hole between his eyes. Damn. I haven’t lost that flair for drama after all, have I? 😉

Today’s Marcus is a new one. Pretty and shiny and oh, so yummeh!

BTW, I just discovered my comment above about FB is true. LOL Have a great drama-less Monday everyone!

10 Responses to The Long Goodbye

1. Tahlia says:

Totally yummy. He could be the love interest in my novel.

If you like the idea of demons that suck, you’d like my YA fantasy novel, ‘Lethal Inheritance’. You can read ch1 at http://publishersearch.wordpress.com/lethal-inheritance/

I’d love to know what you think.

Sorry, the sexy guy doesn’t arrive until later in the book

2. Tahlia says:

Totally yummy. He could be the love interest in my novel.

I’d love to know what you think.

Sorry, the sexy guy doesn’t arrive until later in the book

3. BellaDaddy says:

HEY! We didn’t break up, so much as fade…I was kinda going in a different direction….ya know us closested homos gotta break out sometime…! LOL…besides, that “other guy” you were with was merely a road bump to greatness! Look at you now!

HUGZ

4. BellaDaddy says:

HUGZ

5. You couldn’t pay me to be twenty again. No way.
    Drama SUCKS. And I hope the ex is just a drama butthead and not a true stalker.
    You’re a great mama.

6. You couldn’t pay me to be twenty again. No way.
    Drama SUCKS. And I hope the ex is just a drama butthead and not a true stalker.
    You’re a great mama.

Oh drama, how I never miss it. There were a few women I dated after my divorce that craved the drama. I wouldn’t play their fucking games and simply found ways to eventually have them stop bothering me. When it doesn’t work out, it simply doesn’t work out. In Nikki’s case, getting rid of someone that’s controlling and stalker-in-training, it’s best to cut it all off. Hoping that your assessment of the situation will play out drama-free.

9. marot says:

WIthout drama we would be bored people. I seem to attract it like a moth to a flame. I dont like it always but it follows me. I have learned to deal with it & move around it when possible.
    Nicki is better off without loser guy. I dont like it when guys think they can control young girls. Thankfully I never dated a guy like that. We would have had a big fight ending with me hitting him. Now a-days I would just tell him yeah ok, than plot his downfall. IT funnier that way 🙂

10. marot says: