Wicked Me

No rest for the wicked seems fairly true to me this morning. It’s 7 am and I just feel drained.  I finished up a trailer I’ve owed author Renee Wildes forever. I’ve so not been in that sort of creative mode and I was deathly afraid of trying to force myself to make one when I wasn’t in that headspace. Strangely, it came out fine. Probably in part because there are two other trailers in the series and choosing music wasn’t an issue at all. It’s been Evanescence all the way for the Guardians of the Light series.

I also used that momentum to redo the Phoenix Prophecy trailer.  I changed a couple of images to better ones and added the covers. It looks pretty sharp. This series will have all three books out come May 3. I will be posting to the Liquid Silver SEX Blog on the Morning After release and besides touting the book, I’ll be offering up a contest where you can win all three of the books in the series. All you have to do is leave a comment using a valid email address. I’ll post more on that when it’s close to the date.

I spent Saturday writing my fingers off and got significant progress on Common Ground which is probably why I whined to myself all afternoon yesterday about not being able to write cause I was making the trailer. Meh. I’ll survive. LOL I spent Sunday morning at Ethan Day’s Gay Day which is always a fun thing. Also, last week, my construction was completed and the Lex Valentine site is all done and prettied up. I’m really happy with the jewel toned purples.

On the personal level of stuffs, I got Rott the NASA channel. Not sure what the fascination is there for a channel where people don’t really talk but damned if he didn’t have it on all weekend. Go figure. I have to give Nikki money to go to an LA Museum to study paintings for her Color Theory class. She’s really not liking the teacher so of course, she’s not liking the course. It’s sad when that stuff happens.

My SMART Girls blog with a bunch of other ladies who have SMART goals about eating, dieting, or whatever is taking off but I forgot to post last week. UGH. I had an up and down week with trying to eat healthier. However, last night I ate a steak and peas. No bread. No potato. And yes, Nikki… I ate PEAS. They were good which is weird in and of itself. Generally, I hate peas with a passion. I guess I don’t when I’m in the mood…

Ahhh, my tired ass needs a very hot Marcus today. Love the expression in his eyes here.

I think that’s a wrap for me this Monday. You all have a great day!

12 Responses to Wicked Me

1. marot says:

Lov the trailers!! U awe me with ur tencho savvy ass & ur creative mind. I’ll just claim u as a friend & brag bout it. Lord knows the only place i creative is toture of young softball players. I luv being a coach, so nice to make girls puke.

2. marot says:

The trailers turned out very good. When you have the talent, sometimes not being in the right mind set still has your creations coming out nice. I know this one very well this winter time.

And so nice to hear of the books coming out next week. As always, you are pushing your writing career further. Very happy about this.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Snowy Sunday #23 =-.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..Snowy Sunday #23 =-.

Regina – He’s sooo hot!

Hilly – Thank you! The street goes both ways on that subject, my friend!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..Wicked Me =-.

Regina – He’s sooo hot!

Hilly – Thank you! The street goes both ways on that subject, my friend!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..Wicked Me =-.

7. Hilly says:

Just in case I haven’t said it lately…I am very proud of you and very happy for you.

8. Hilly says:

9. BTW…love todays Marcus.
    .-= regina carlysle´s last blog ..DRILLED out today at Ellora’s Cave =-.

10. BTW…love todays Marcus.
    .-= regina carlysle´s last blog ..DRILLED out today at Ellora’s Cave =-.

11. WOW. Love the trailers. Must talk with you soon about doing one for me. Good on the writing, Lex. Being in writers mode is a great thing but it’s frustrating when ‘real life’ draws you out. I must post something on the SMART girls blog. I’m soooo behind with that but I’m doing good diet-wise too. YAY!
    .-= regina carlysle´s last blog ..DRILLED out today at Ellora’s Cave =-.

12. WOW. Love the trailers. Must talk with you soon about doing one for me. Good on the writing, Lex. Being in writers mode is a great thing but it’s frustrating when ‘real life’ draws you out. I must post something on the SMART girls blog. I’m soooo behind with that but I’m doing good diet-wise too. YAY!
    .-= regina carlysle´s last blog ..DRILLED out today at Ellora’s Cave =-.