Can You Believe?

Can you believe I had a blog post for today all set in my head on Saturday? Rott said something, a “Can you believe…?” thing, and we were both laughing and I said, “That’s my blog post for Monday!” and we expounded on it… and… Um, yeah. I can’t remember it. So I guess my post is Can You Believe I Forgot My Blog Post?

It will probably come back to me when I’ve stopped trying to remember what it is. The sad thing is, I know I should write shit down. Not only am I getting older and more ADD by the day, but I juggle a lot of stuff. Not just at work, although I swear they should give out a juggling award and I should be its first recipient, but I juggle a lot at home. It’s rough to have three careers.

When I think about all the stuff I’ve forgotten or don’t remember clearly, it bothers me. And really, I know that it’s not that I’ve truly forgotten stuff but more like other things have crowded to the front of my brain. I have a lot of vague crap in my memory.

Thanks to Hilly, whose Facebook posts hold me riveted more than anything since I found Facebook, I’ve actually spent some time there. Spending time there has led to me finding people I had lost. People I should never have lost in the first place. But see, for a writer, I’m also a bad communicator. I hate talking on the phone. I’d much rather see someone’s face or read an email. People tend to pour stuff into an email that they wouldn’t say on the phone, especially when they know they aren’t going to see you any time soon or speak to you on the phone.  On the phone, you distract each other and the things you had planned to say often go astray. You don’t forget them, you just forget them right at that moment.

So I’ve found some people from my past that I was excited to reconnect with. Like J.J. who helped Jason teach me how to swim when I was 26 years old and deathly frightened of the water. These two 15 year olds made it their mission for the summer to teach me to swim.  And they did. I can’t say that I remember how to swim now, but by the end of that summer I could dog paddle my way underwater across the width of the pool. A huge accomplishment for a woman deathly afraid of the water.

I also found a woman I used to work with. Not only do I remember the bright red hair and sparkling smile – both of which are still there in abundance if the photos are to be believed – but I remember what a nice person she was. Sweet, but with a hint of spice, fun and little bit funny, and the only person I can think of who could get an entire roomful of people who were prepared to embark on a stuffy conference to do the Macarena. No, I did not do the Macarena myself. Instead, I stood there and watched Carmen weave her magic. And it was magic. The moment stands out in my memory clearly and hasn’t been shoved to the back amongst all the other stuff I barely remember.

I guess I’ll post that scintillating blog post when I remember it. If I remember it.  Doesn’t matter if I don’t though. There are a lot of other more fun and heartwarming things I can remember in my old brain now that I’ve found some people I lost. It feels better than finding money. And I could blame it on Hilly because I’ve been so caught up in watching her happiness bloom. But I guess the reality is that the cosmos knew I needed to find these people again… right now. So I guess I can believe. 🙂

As usual, before I close my Monday post, I have a Marcus. An oh so yummeh Marcus. I guess Mondays really aren’t so blah when I can hare off to work with that vision of him fresh in my head.

I seriously love that man’s chest. *Drool*

Before I take off, I have a couple of bits of info on the writing front. I’ll prolly have a more in depth post on this stuff later in the month here or over on the Lex Valentine blog. Where There’s Smoke has finished edits but I don’t have a release date yet. Dee Carney‘s book Deeper Than the Ocean is the first book in the trilogy and it’s out now at Liquid Silver Books. Mina Carter‘s book Playing Wolf is the second book in the series and my book concludes it and wraps up the entertwined stories of four brothers whose father tries to murder them.

Insolence will be out April 16 at Cobblestone Press and it’s a friends to lovers story with a little twist of BDSM to spice it up.  I finalized the cover for Sunstroked. Still not happy with Common Ground’s cover, but I need to finish that story anyway. I’ll prolly work on it during Cobblestone’s Book In a Week challenge.  Maybe I’ll share some covers later this week. We’ll see how strapped I am for time.

Oh, and a big THANK YOU to Dave2 for helping me with something that I KNEW he would know. He’s so smart. And purdy too. 😉

Hope you all have a great Monday!

14 Responses to Can You Believe?

Facebook has been an after thought to me lately. I don’t update it all that often anymore, but I do spend time once or twice a week going through updates and replying to people I am friends with.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..No Foolin’ – I’m 2 Today =-.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..No Foolin’ – I’m 2 Today =-.

3. marot says:

I think back and wonder how I let people go that were so fun. Than I remember that luv & friendship is a 2 way street and everyone has to work to keep it goin. I try not to let anyone go but it is getting harder and harder to remember all those folks that have been there. Especially with me coaching now. SO many faces and names.
    Cant wait to read the new one.

4. marot says:

Cant wait to read the new one.

5. Dee Carney says:

Hey! Thanks for the shout out on Deeper. Find me online sometime cuz you’ve gone missing again. I miss chatting! 🙂
    .-= Dee Carney´s last blog ..Happy Easter =-.

6. Dee Carney says:

.-= Dee Carney´s last blog ..Happy Easter =-.

7. Hilly says:

Okay wait what? My Facebook is interesting? Um, thank you for saying that but are you whack on that crack? 😉

Seriously though, I think I like Facebook better than Twitter and Blogging combined. It’s a mixture of people from all walks of my life and it’s so great to have them there.
    .-= Hilly´s last blog ..Mirrored Sunglasses… =-.

8. Hilly says:

.-= Hilly´s last blog ..Mirrored Sunglasses… =-.

Dave – Not 100% certain it will work, but it looks like it will. I’m crossing all fingers and toes. But I really, really appreciated your help. 🙂

Nat – Funny how we let people drift away despite how much we like them. I guess it’s easy to get wrapped up in your own issues and when you get your head above water (or pull it out of your ass) you realize a bunch of people have drifted away. Getting them back can be more trouble than you have energy for at that moment so stuff just goes on status quo. I’m just not sure I’m happy with the status quo so I’m looking for people I used to enjoy so much.
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..Can You Believe? =-.

.-= Winter´s last blog ..Can You Believe? =-.

11. Nat says:

I am much the same way with people. I guess I’m ok with people drifting in and out of my life… I suppose people do. (Except for those precious few to which I hang on.)
    .-= Nat´s last blog ..Chocolate infallibility =-.

12. Nat says:

.-= Nat´s last blog ..Chocolate infallibility =-.

13. Dave2 says:

Oh… it worked then? That’s nice. Best of luck! 🙂
    .-= Dave2´s last blog ..Bullet Sunday 177 =-.

14. Dave2 says:

Oh… it worked then? That’s nice. Best of luck! 🙂
    .-= Dave2´s last blog ..Bullet Sunday 177 =-.