The Thing About Love

Later this week, on the 7th, I’ll be over at Cindy Jacks’s blog talking about love.  It’s February, so people tend to wanna talk about those tender emotions.  I write about them all the time because my books and stories always have a happy ending.  I’m the kind of person who has to have a HEA (happily ever after.) Or some sort of happy ending at any rate. I don’t want to read about the angst without having it all work itself out, handing the hero and heroine a reward.

In real life, things don’t always work out that way. In my life, the angst has always outweighed the HEA. I think some of us are meant to have to struggle. Very little in my life has come easy, ergo I learned to appreciate the hard won victories.  Things mean more to me if I have to work for it. I tend to hang on to people as long as I can, try to work out issues, try to give them what they need and want, try to keep and nurture the love I have. But sometimes, no matter how hard you work, love still slips away. I’ve lost a lot of people in my life so I prize the ones I have right now. I know that our hearts seem to be the regenerative type, and if we lose someone today, later on we’ll find someone else to love. Still, I’d rather not have go through that again. I just want this HEA to work itself out NOW.

Someone I’ve known and loved since I was 17 years old (I’m not sure I should tell you how many years that is… but it’s more than thirty LOL) did a nice thing this week. He told the readers of his blog about me and sent them here. I think most of his audience are mommy bloggers, which I’m so not. After all, Motley (Nikki) is twenty now and I don’t think she ever called me Mommy anyway. *wink*

Anyway, David told people about me in a little post that exposes some of the framework upon which my heart sits. It felt strangely timely to read his words about my past and feel the connection to my present. You should click THIS and hop on over to see what he said. He was probably my first real love, first real lover, odd as that may seem since he’s decidedly gay. But back then we were just kids, beginning to work our way out of the teens, learning about emotions and sex and a host of other stuff we just really had no clue about. The piece of my heart that David owns is just one of those things about love that we can’t exactly quantify. It just IS.

I must need a sweet, sexy Marcus today. Something to make my old heart pound.  I used to think about my Bar characters a lot more than I do now and thinking about my signature character Alexandria and her mate Alaric always meant that I had that image of Marcus in my head. I miss Lex so I think maybe I need to a write a post about her. After all, she lets me use her name on my books, the least I could do is visit her once in awhile, eh? So here’s my Marcus for today, all sexy and smokey-eyed.

Don’t forget to come by Cindy’s on February 7th to see what I have to say about that thing called Love.  Also, don’t forget that Marty and I have a new release filled with spooky stories. You can pick up Weirdly 3 at Wild Child Publishing.

One last thing… go give my pal Tess some love. Her book Latin Rhythm is scheduled for release on the 4th but the buy link is live NOW. Her cover is probably the best cover I’ve ever done.

Wishing you all a very wonderful Monday!

26 Responses to The Thing About Love

Kevin – You do! But you’re awesome!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

Kevin – You do! But you’re awesome!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

3. You know, I resemble that remark.

4. You know, I resemble that remark.

5. BellaDaddy says:

Come and get it…(yeah I know, I never do these either) LOL
    .-= BellaDaddy´s last blog ..…and the award goes to… =-.

6. BellaDaddy says:

Come and get it…(yeah I know, I never do these either) LOL
    .-= BellaDaddy´s last blog ..…and the award goes to… =-.

Keith – Daddy bloggers are different! I read Always Home and Uncool and he’s a daddy blogger. Okay, he’s just different period. LOL Hey, I do know a publisher who likes horror and short stories! Wild Child Publishing who puts out Weirdly every year. My friend Marty Mankins of banalleakage.com and I have creepy stories in this year’s book. If you’re interested in getting pubbed email me and I’ll hook you up with an editor for WCP. I used to do subs there but am too busy now. I’m still on the editor’s group there though so maybe I can help ya out! Thanks for coming by!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

.-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

9. Keith Wilcox says:

Hey, I just popped over from BellaDaddy. Oh, I’m not a mommy blogger either; I’m a daddy blogger! Is that much different? 🙂 I’ve written a few short stories (nothing big) and my endings always seem to come out with everyone dead! I guess some of us like the happy endings and some of us like it nice and clean — and dead. HEHEHEHE. Congratulations on the cover!
    .-= Keith Wilcox´s last blog ..Mr. Potato Head: Best Marketed Toy Ever? =-.

10. Keith Wilcox says:

.-= Keith Wilcox´s last blog ..Mr. Potato Head: Best Marketed Toy Ever? =-.

Mary – You know me too well, my friend. 🙂

Divine – The book is even better than the cover. My friend Tess is an awesome writer! Thanks for coming by!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

Mary – You know me too well, my friend. 🙂

.-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

13. I bounced over from BellaDaddy’s blog 😉 Love love love the cover!! …and love the story of the two of you.

14. I bounced over from BellaDaddy’s blog 😉 Love love love the cover!! …and love the story of the two of you.

15. maryo says:

I think we all have a love from the past that is special and holds a little part of our hearts. I know I do even though he broke mine. It makes the love I have now even more precious.
    HEA is nice to have but sometimes it nice to have the anguish. I read Dear John & that was exactly the way it was.

16. maryo says:

Lisa – You have a way with words… you should be a writer! *wink*

Margie – They say there is an HEA for everyone so I’m sure yours is right around the corner.

David – Shared pasts are the basis for our present. Who we were then laid the foundations for today. And some feelings aren’t ever meant to be turned off. Love you.

Marty – Yeah, I think LR is the best cover I’ve ever done. In part, it was a labor of love too because one of my favorite people in the world wrote the book and it’s her first from my favorite publisher in the world. 🙂 Thank you for the compliment! I can only hope that the hot cover helps boost Tess’s sales by catching the eyes of those who might not normally purchase this kind of story.
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

Lisa – You have a way with words… you should be a writer! *wink*

.-= Winter´s last blog ..The Thing About Love =-.

You did that cover? That is some great work there. You are getting good at this work. 🙂
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Fictionally Speaking =-.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..Fictionally Speaking =-.

21. BellaDaddy says:

Mostly mommy bloggers? HUH? LOL…We get a good mix, and honestly, most Dad blogs LOL

U know, we are destined to be friends forever…we shared a coming of age, like no others can…dare them to try and compare LOL

Ya know, love you much! Always will!

David
    .-= BellaDaddy´s last blog ..BELLABUDDY BLOG OF THE WEEK! =-.

22. BellaDaddy says:

Ya know, love you much! Always will!

David
    .-= BellaDaddy´s last blog ..BELLABUDDY BLOG OF THE WEEK! =-.

23. Margie says:

It is too bad we all can’t have HEA. I know I am still waiting for mine.

God, I LURVE the Latin Rhythm cover! It is so beautiful!

Margie

24. Margie says:

It is too bad we all can’t have HEA. I know I am still waiting for mine.

God, I LURVE the Latin Rhythm cover! It is so beautiful!

Margie

25. Lisa Griffin says:

Love is bittersweet, and so fragile. 🙂 We’re lucky to find and hold onto it. I’ve had my share of broken hearts. But nothing worthwhile comes easy and we need to nurture it to the fullest.

Hugs