Revival

I’m reviving my old Sunday Silence posts.  And, yeah, I know that if I’m typing I’m not silent but if I don’t say anything to explain what I’m doing, ya all will be like… HUH? So on Sundays I’ll try to post a Sunday Silence which is simply an image I saw during the week that captured my attention. I won’t say anything about it other than a simple caption.

Renee

This is author Debbie Gould’s daughter Renee who is currently in Afghanistan. Renee will miss the holidays with her son for the first time this year. If you would like to send Renee a postcard or an ebook or a box of cookies to thank her for her service, let me know and I will hook you up.

wintersig

16 Responses to Revival

1. My ebook is on the way. 🙂 Hope it brightens her holiday just a little. I can’t imagine being away from my family, especially a small son like Renee is having to do. God Bless you, Renee, and keep you safe. Thank you!!

2. My ebook is on the way. 🙂 Hope it brightens her holiday just a little. I can’t imagine being away from my family, especially a small son like Renee is having to do. God Bless you, Renee, and keep you safe. Thank you!!

3. Debbie G says:

Wow, Lex. I’m speechless. Thank you so much for honoring Renee.She is into 2 months of a 7 month deployment. If not for Jadin she would be 100% happy for doing what she does and being were she is, but she misses her little guy very much. Esp. this time since she will miss all the holidays, including his 5th birthday in Feb. But she’s got it better than others. She’s got us to take care of her boy and out of four deployments, this is the first in the holiday season. So thank you everybody for thinking of her and keeping up her morale.

4. Debbie G says:

5. Carol says:

Bless you, Lex, for dedicating this time and space to Renee. My heart goes to her, being away for the holidays. Thanks for sharing this with us…to remind us of her service!
    .-= Carol´s last blog ..Eat Your Heart Out, Carrie Bradshaw…… =-.

6. Carol says:

.-= Carol´s last blog ..Eat Your Heart Out, Carrie Bradshaw…… =-.

7. Sloan Parker says:

Great pic. And great reminder about those who make such sacrifices for the rest of us. Thanks to Renee for her service.

8. Sloan Parker says:

9. Ame says:

It sure does hit home.

10. Ame says:

It sure does hit home.

11. Tess MacKall says:

My thoughts and prayers go with Debbie and her daughter. We are all indebted to Renee and others just like her who are sacrificing this holiday season with their families to protect us all.

I would love to send Debbie ebooks and anything else she would like. So hook me up, Lex.

And thanks, Debbie, for sharing the pic. And thanks again to Renee!

And thanks to Lex for making sure we are all aware of Renee’s service to our country.

12. Tess MacKall says:

And thanks, Debbie, for sharing the pic. And thanks again to Renee!

13. Hales says:

Vernon my daughters father just came home from Afghanistan. Hugs go out of course celebrating with family members away isn’t easy for either party.

14. Hales says:

15. Looks like my oldest son will be in the military come spring 2010.
    .-= Faith Bicknell-Brown´s last blog ..A Brainwashed Society? =-.

16. Looks like my oldest son will be in the military come spring 2010.
    .-= Faith Bicknell-Brown´s last blog ..A Brainwashed Society? =-.