Litany of Hos

Today I have a litany of hos for you. Hos as in the plural of ho ho ho.

Hos.

It looks better with an apostrophe, but fuck me if that isn’t incorrect grammar.

My litany starts like this: I need to write three Christmas short stories, but I hate all the Christmas crap that goes up as soon as Halloween hits. You’re wondering how does the one affect the other. In a word, inspiration. I wasn’t feeling the Christmas spirit this past weekend and the stories suffered.

I decided I needed to make the covers in order to start things gelling in my head better. I have the plots. I know how the stories go, but I didn’t have the words yet. Weird but true. I tried playing Christmas music while I was working on the covers but Rhapsody wouldn’t cooperate with me. I have this strange, niggling feeling that I must have somehow programmed the client years ago never to play Christmas music before Thanksgiving. It would be like me to do that. If the client had that function. Which it doesn’t.  Still, it did refuse to play the Christmas tune which pissed me off and amused me at the same time.

I figured since it was 3 am maybe I’d better just go to bed. I’d pissed away the whole weekend and now, faced with a Monday vacation day off before I get swamped at work for the rest of the month, I needed to show some progress. With that in mind, and knowing how I dream shit for my books all the time, I turned on the TV to the Sounds of the Season channel.  Oh, yeah. Happy Ho Ho to the nth degree. I had nightmares of course and nothing at all related to Christmas.

So that’s Ho number one. Ho number two actually happened before Ho number one but I felt the effects all weekend. It happened late Saturday night when the finalists for the EPIC awards came out and Hot Water didn’t make it to the finals. I was disappointed in a weird sorta way. An eye rolling sorta way. I saw a few people make the finals whose books I’d read. Whose books I’d thought were… ahem… not so tightly as others I’d read in the genre. (Note how I did not use the word crap in the previous sentence.) I noticed how someone connected to the awards made the finals with a book I’d thought was lame-o.

Yeah,  you can say it’s sour grapes, but it’s not really. I just know how the human brain works. No matter how impartial people want to stay… they still have biases. Hello! New name here! No one effing knows me! Stick me and my funny, hot little dragon falls for vampire novella of 23K words next to some 60K epoch written by someone everyone has known for years and guess what? I am ass out. Which wasn’t exactly unexpected on my part.  One of the main reasons newbs don’t tend to win awards is in part because judges don’t know who they are. It’s human nature to be drawn to the familiar. This part of the whole thing was just an eye roll moment for me. But I’d be lying if I said it didn’t put a bit of a damper on my mood all weekend.

For my last Ho, I give you my return to sucking down Tylenols. Fuck my hip hurts. And I worry like hell eating those little white caplets so I take one of a two pill dosage and limp along all day until near bedtime when I take one more. Pain is a motherfucker though. Not at all conducive to creativity.  Now, I’m sitting with my coffee, having sucked down the one Tylenol arthritis strength pill I’m allowing myself, waiting for the spams in my lower back and hip to stop, and complaining to you. I should really be feeling better, shouldn’t I? Maybe in a half an hour after the second cup of Starbuck’s Breakfast Blend has made it’s way to my bladder…

And now for the visual portion of my Ho, Ho, Hos this fine Monday. I will start with a lovely Marcus, move to a redhead with a great ass, and then give you some rippling muscles. Yes, Marcus and the two Christmas covers I made. Heh. Enjoy!

30_img6064

ChristmasInHell-250

ChristmasCatch-250

I feel better after my ho-ey bitch session. I can always count on all of you to let me get my rant on. Oh! And I have an update on the Bar. I finally moved it this weekend and moved Winterheart Design and it’s gallery. Well, I moved domains not hosting so I actually ended up not moving the forum off the server which is just as well cause I couldn’t make it work. LOL Now that the sites are all fixed and I’m done with my bitchfest, maybe I can get some work done for my publisher. If the Christmas music cooperates…

Have a great Monday!

wintersig

12 Responses to Litany of Hos

1. dogboy55 says:

That’s some sexy covers.

Here’s another sexy cover you might like – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmDNpp_8TYk

Bob 🙂

2. dogboy55 says:

That’s some sexy covers.

Bob 🙂

Those are some nice and racy covers. Your fans like them very much (well, this fan does, especially the redhead… Yow!)
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..In-N-Out Comes To Utah =-.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..In-N-Out Comes To Utah =-.

5. Mojo,NC,USA says:

Dear Santa,

I want that redhead from hell in MY stocking!

Rawr!

That’s almost enough to make me forget that I have little good to say about this time of year. I’m thinking if she did turn up in my stocking (hell, in my zip code) I might have to start believing in old SC again.

‘Cos damn.
    .-= Mojo,NC,USA´s last blog ..Thursday Challenge #49: "Music" =-.

6. Mojo,NC,USA says:

Dear Santa,

I want that redhead from hell in MY stocking!

Rawr!

‘Cos damn.
    .-= Mojo,NC,USA´s last blog ..Thursday Challenge #49: "Music" =-.

7. maryo says:

Here is some xmas music just for you…. OH teeh weather outside sucks ass. And my bank account is dry. So let it blow let it blow let it blow. When I finally say goodnight, my hips hurt so damn bad. No fucking for me tonight. Aint that a bitch and a half. SO let it blow let it blow let it blow!!!!

Hopefully that got ya all xmas feelings going.

8. maryo says:

Hopefully that got ya all xmas feelings going.

9. Margie says:

Sorry your story didn’t place! You will have your day! Hope the hip feels better 🙂

10. Margie says:

11. I’m with you, Lex. I am the biggest Scrooge around in the sense that I hate the holidays. I’d love to skip Thanksgiving and go straight to New Years!

I like the covers very much. I’ll have to show the hubby that Christmas from Hell cover. He’ll swear that girl’s got my butt. HAHAHAHA!!! My hair just isn’t that red, lol.
    .-= Faith Bicknell-Brown´s last blog ..A Brainwashed Society? =-.

12. I’m with you, Lex. I am the biggest Scrooge around in the sense that I hate the holidays. I’d love to skip Thanksgiving and go straight to New Years!

.-= Faith Bicknell-Brown´s last blog ..A Brainwashed Society? =-.