Whew!

I’m done. With Ride the Lightning. Sent it off to my publisher last night. Yeah, there’s edits to be done (I used the phrase “like X spilling through a window” three effing times! You’d think I would have a better grasp of the English language, wouldn’t ya?), but I’m a good girl and spin through the edits pretty quickly. RTL will be out December 3.

With RTL Dave2 makes his literary debut, following in the footsteps of Karl (Karl with a K), Gooster (Corey Green), Marty (the Fairy Godfather), and Vahid who is the star of RTL. In this book, Dave2 is David Forrester, a powerful Magia (wizard) who runs a BDSM club called Far From Heaven. Dave is the best friend of the heroine, so he spends the length of the book wanting to kick Vahid’s ass. Unfortunately for Dave, Vahid is the one who gets to have all the sex in the book. In a gazebo, against the wall, in a bed, on the floor, in a shower, in a hay field (in shifted form), and in a BDSM dungeon.

Note for Jennifer Leeland: I think the wall sex scene in this one is hotter than the one in Hot Water.

Not as much humor in this book as there has been in previous books. Oh there’s a touch or two and there is my trademark of a running gag of some kind. In Hot Water, it was Eden’s pretty pink pussy. In Fire Season, it was Garret being a bean counter. In RTL, it’s the fact that Emily loves meat – steak mostly.

Now that I’m done with the novel (it’s longer than Fire Season) it’s time to move on to Christmas. I’ve got three holiday short stories to crank out, one of which will be FREE. I love that word.

On the personal front, I’ve been battling my damn arthritis and I think I’m starting to have hip issues. It sucks majorly. I’ve been able to manage my pain pretty well without having to suck down a lot of meds which are bad for my liver and stomach. Lately though, I’ve been eating Tylenol for dinner. Never a good thing.  Gonna have to put my thinking cap on and figure out how to better manage the pain. I don’t like sucking down meds.

For those of you who know Motley (aka Nikki), I’m not sure if I mentioned it but she and Tyler (her boyfriend of three years and her first real love) have broken up.  It wasn’t a bad breakup in the sense that they hate each other and all that shit, but it was a horrible breakup nonetheless. Distance did them in. He lives in Bakersfield now and we live in Orange County and the distance thing just doesn’t work. I think they were both heartbroken, but they just aren’t in the same place in their lives either.

Motley’s kind of lost these days and all she really does is draw on her tablet and play WoW. I figure she’ll come out of her tailspin eventually. We all did when we lost our first love. It’s hard to watch from the Mom-sidelines though, especially when I catch her crying.

As for me, things are… okay. Not great. Not bad. But okay. Bearable. Liveable.  Communication would make things better I think, but there’s a small percentage of me that says it wouldn’t, that it would blow everything the hell up, and that keeps me from pushing the issue. The little devil’s advocate inside me pokes me with his pitchfork and says, “But wouldn’t you rather KNOW?” while my brain tells him, “Fuck off. Half a loaf is better than none asshole.” So that’s where I am. Loverly, ain’t it?

So now I’m down to needing a very pretty Marcus this Monday. I picked four winners at the Breeder’s Cup this weekend (Goldikova, Conduit, Dancing with Silks, and Zenyatta) so between that and finishing Ride the Lighting, I feel like a bit of a celebration.

marblog17

Isn’t that purdy? *sigh* Almost has a John Stamos look to him. Cept that Marcus has more muscle. HEH. Alrighty, I’m off to work. You all have yourselves a great Monday! MUAH!

wintersig

12 Responses to Whew!

1. Kathy K says:

Geez late to the party as usual.. but WoW! December 3? I’m so excited… Yippee!

Man that’s FAST Lex… but Congratulations and I’m really, REALLY looking forward to RTL.

And, speaking as a mom, gawd it’s hard when they’re hurting and there’s nothing to DO! When they’re little it’s so much easier with a kiss to make it better and a cuddle. :sigh:

This too will pass… my baby is 17, but I’ve gone through so much with the older three.
    .-= Kathy K´s last blog ..A cautionary tale OR I should know better…. =-.

2. Kathy K says:

Geez late to the party as usual.. but WoW! December 3? I’m so excited… Yippee!

.-= Kathy K´s last blog ..A cautionary tale OR I should know better…. =-.

Throbbing Wizard Cock. TWC meet TVC.

Congrats on finishing the story. Very cool.

Which reminds me that I need to contact Marci for an update on the story I submitted to her.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Birthday Interruption =-.

Throbbing Wizard Cock. TWC meet TVC.

Congrats on finishing the story. Very cool.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..Birthday Interruption =-.

5. Carol says:

Counting the days….December 3…! Merry Christmas to ME..cause I DID tell you, didn’t I, that ‘all I want for Christmas is NOT my two front teeth…but Vahid and Emily and Sean and Declan and Holden … and…and…and….Ahhh!! Congratulations on finishing!
    .-= Carol´s last blog ..Eat Your Heart Out, Carrie Bradshaw…… =-.

6. Carol says:

.-= Carol´s last blog ..Eat Your Heart Out, Carrie Bradshaw…… =-.

Dave – I rather think that brothers David and Garrick Forrester and their clubs Far From Heaven, Beyond Pleasure, and Wicked Pleasures will get their own series filled with much throbbing wizard cock and naughty magic. 😉

Jen – I kinda stepped into the arena you write in with this one, and you were on my mind as I wrote, so I really hope you like it!
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..Whew! =-.

.-= Winter´s last blog ..Whew! =-.

9. WOOHOO! I’m so excited about this one! You rock, honey.
    .-= Jennifer Leeland´s last blog ..Welcome =-.

10. WOOHOO! I’m so excited about this one! You rock, honey.
    .-= Jennifer Leeland´s last blog ..Welcome =-.

11. Dave2 says:

Surely behind the scenes I’m having all kinds of sex in my BDSM club?
    .-= Dave2´s last blog ..Bullet Sunday 156 =-.

12. Dave2 says:

Surely behind the scenes I’m having all kinds of sex in my BDSM club?
    .-= Dave2´s last blog ..Bullet Sunday 156 =-.