Radio Winter

Ever get a song stuck in your head that repeats over and over for days and weeks? That would be me right now. It’s a great song but sure as hell does not go with the novel I’m working on, which makes things really difficult for concentration. My word count is down. My stress is up. I played the new Alice in Chains all weekend hoping the song would go bye bye. I’m sitting here typing and found myself unconsciously humming the damn song again! I even made a video with it, thinking I’d get tired of it like I usually do with any song I make a video with. No dice. Still playing.

Anyone have any creative ideas for kicking INXS’s Afterglow from my head? Post em. I need all the help I can get after weeks of the damned thing playing over and over.

I had an offer to go see Alice Cooper on my birthday, but much as I like Alice, I turned it down. I’ve got some promo stuff to do that day and as I get older, I kinda just like having the day to do nothing. No responsibilities. No work (it’s a Saturday for once.) Just laying around doing nothing and feeling my years. Might not happen. I might still get jacked to see Alice. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m thinking I need a wet Marcus this morning. Not sure why but the notion of him wet and wonderful from a shower appeals to me today. This is an old photo, one of a classic set of jeans ads.  One of my faves despite the fact that I like his newer stuff better. I guess I’m getting older and not as interested in hot young things anymore. The hot older things appeal finally.

marcus_schenkenberg_shower1

My left shoulder is being a bitch today. Musta slept wrong so I’ma cut this short and go suck down some Tylenols. Before I go, make sure you check back here later in the week. I have some contest news to post and some info about an award I’ve been nominated for!

Have a great Monday!

wintersig

6 Responses to Radio Winter

1. Diane says:

Best thing for earwigs is to hum “The Beer Barrel Polka”. It tickles your throat & makes you giggle. Of course my parents are German and Bohunk so maybe it’s a cultural thing. Try it. Can’t hurt.

2. Diane says:

3 songs work for me in removing most songs I don’t want in my head:

Depeche Mode – Enjoy The Silence
    Iron Maiden – 2 Minutes to Midnight
    Elton John – Funeral For A Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding

Once I get past this, any song that was stuck before is gone. Works for me.

I do like the new Alice In Chains, although it needs more time to grow on me.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 13 =-.

3 songs work for me in removing most songs I don’t want in my head:

Depeche Mode – Enjoy The Silence
    Iron Maiden – 2 Minutes to Midnight
    Elton John – Funeral For A Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding

Once I get past this, any song that was stuck before is gone. Works for me.

I do like the new Alice In Chains, although it needs more time to grow on me.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 13 =-.

5. maryo says:

Thank you from not only me but also my classmates. They enjoyed the wetness of your man. Actually they thought it was your man but I explained that it is her would drop anything for man. They sighed and said if it was we would bring lots of liquir. Nuthin like naked man drunk giving lapdances. Did that help with the song???

6. maryo says: