Cruising & Guesting

I know I’ve been MIA. I’m sorry. The power supply went out on my desktop and apparently it had been shorting out for awhile unnoticed. It tweaked a lot of stuff on its way out and I ended up having to reformat my hard drive AGAIN. This has been the 3rd time in 2 years. I’m so not happy. I do have Mozy backups of stuff so I mostly didn’t lose things, but I’m having issues restoring my email and I think I’ve lost it all which is really a serious thing because I’ve got fulls and partials of submissions for Freya’s Bower and Wild Child Publishing there.

I need some kind of new system with email I think. Or I need to reassess how I’m doing my Mozy backups. I should have been able to restore the folders and emails. No dice so far. Anyone who is good with Outlook (an old version) care to try? I could use the help. I’m at wits end here.

Anyway, I’m not really here today. I’m guest blogging at my pal Selena’s talking about length. Click the link and come by. You’re more than welcome to disagree with me about length. Hee hee.

Selena Illyria’s Blog

Rott and I went on a late night run for Mexican food last night. Ahh. Cruising in the SUV. Ten pm on a Saturday night, the county is clogged with traffic because the fair is going on. We went all the way to Alberto’s in Fountain Valley and found… a line out the parking lot onto the street. Seems Alberto’s is very popular late on a Saturday night. Rott got a little turned around going home. I can’t say I blame him. I never go there so I didn’t think he was doing wrong either. We weren’t lost or anything. We just took the wrong freeway exit – south instead of north.

I gotta say, I wasn’t all that unhappy with the wrong turn despite the fact that it frazzled Rott’s nerves. (He doesn’t like to do stuff wrong. And like me, he never gets lost. So the wrong exit thing kinda upset him.) The wrong turn meant we got to drive longer. For me it had a twofold plus, one I got to spend more time with Rott. I love watching him drive. Always have. I love his hands and forearms so watching him steer and shift has always been a secret pleasure of mine.

The second thing that was cool was getting to ride in the truck. It’s a really nice SUV. Infiniti Q45. It’s not a stick so no shifting like in his Prelude, but it’s a seriously nice ride. He was finding it to be a pain in the ass because he couldn’t just zip around the freeway and change lanes like he used to. It bothered him that the blind spot was so huge and you have to rely on your mirrors a lot more and be more cautious changing lanes. It’s an adjustment and last night it added to his frazzled nerves. Still, for me anyway, it was a nice outing. Upped my hope level that maybe things can be worked out.

Hopefully, I can find my Marcus photos and get a Monday Marcus up. At the very least, he’ll back the following week. I think I know where the images are. Meanwhile, have a great Sunday!

wintersig

18 Responses to Cruising & Guesting

1. Mistry says:

Cruising with your BF .. Brings back memories. 🙂

Lex, this is a bit of silliness (and you may already know), but one of your boys is on a poll (and yes, I voted for him!):

Cheers!

2. Mistry says:

Cruising with your BF .. Brings back memories. 🙂

Cheers!

Janice – Oh yeah. YUMMY crispy shredded beef tacos for me.

Marty – My boss Jon went to see X at the fair on Friday. He said they were great! He was glad he got to see them because he heard Exene Cervenka was recently diagnosed with MS. That’s so sad!

Mary – It was nice to just sit and watch him drive. I don’t think he realizes how much I like little things like that.
    .-= Winter´s last blog ..Cruising & Guesting =-.

Janice – Oh yeah. YUMMY crispy shredded beef tacos for me.

.-= Winter´s last blog ..Cruising & Guesting =-.

5. maryo says:

Sometimes you get to hang out and talk the best when you just drive around. I like doing that sometimes. Music up windows down and my man beside me.
    Saw 2 movies this weekend and both were funny. The Propsal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds funny plus naked Ryan = Happy Mary.
    THe Ugly Truth not bad but raunchy ass language. Funny though

6. maryo says:

THe Ugly Truth not bad but raunchy ass language. Funny though

Winter.. yes, I didn’t so much mean lost, but more turned around or took the wrong exit.

I heard the fair was pretty good this year, with lots of great concerts like Tears for Fears and X
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Self Distraction =-.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..Self Distraction =-.

9. Janice~ says:

Did you at least get to eat?

Janice~

10. Janice~ says:

Did you at least get to eat?

Janice~

Marty – We weren’t lost, but it was one of those moments where you’re not paying 100% attention and you see the exit sign but only part of it sinks in. He saw 55 and went with it, not paying attention to the part that said “south.” LOL It was kinda cool seeing the fair lights though. And the truck is a very nice ride.

We have Alberto’s here, too… but no lines out the door. Although I’m sure once In-N-Out gets here later this year, it’s going to be very long.

Sometimes getting lost can have it’s benefits. Especially when you are in a nice riding vehicle.
    .-= martymankins´s last blog ..Self Distraction =-.

.-= martymankins´s last blog ..Self Distraction =-.

ZAM – There’s nothing like a late night food run for stuff that is bad for you. OMG. The shredded beef crispy tacos…so YUM.

17. Zamaxfield says:

HA! That makes me laugh, we went to Rigoberto’s, a sister restaurant in Placentia late last night as well! I like Alberto’s but it’s one of those places that you have to just say to yourself, “Well, shit. Who wants to live forever” because I more than suspect the food of not meeting any logical nutritional requirements. I’m surprised the food police weren’t hot on your trail as you drove home!
    .-= Zamaxfield´s last blog ..Blue Fire Available 7/21/09 =-.

18. Zamaxfield says:

.-= Zamaxfield´s last blog ..Blue Fire Available 7/21/09 =-.