Himself

I’m not sure how it happened but New York Times bestselling author and pop icon Neil Gaiman got hold of my Flirty Author Bitches post about the babies. Apparently, he has a half a million followers. I can believe it. My bandwidth usage tripled in the space of a few minutes last night and I couldn’t even get on my own site. All the tweets and re-tweets are keeping that level of hits up there.

This morning I have a few thoughts about all of this. I remembered how the grass roots blogger efforts got Lisa of Clusterfook a trip to Disney World with her girls. I know from her email to me during the fundraising, how much that trip meant to her. I knew that there was power in the tweets and blog posts and blog radio shows in this community. I knew that grass roots efforts could yield solutions and so much more.

Help is being offered and I sincerely appreciate it. So does Motley (Nikki). We still need more help, but I can see that @neilhimself’s re-tweets have made a difference. I think the re-tweets of ordinary people can help too. There is a lot we can accomplish when we work together and pass the word. I’ve seen it happen before as in the case of Lisa, and I know it can happen again to help keep my babies safe.

Motley and I thank every one of you for your love and support and friendship. Those of you who check out Socially Dead for her Twilight spoof posts and leave her encouragement. Those of you come here and check out my Marcus Mondays and read my rambles about my life and my writing. Those of you who found us because of a celebrity’s post on Twitter. All of you have value to us. And you’ve all made a difference in our lives and hopefully the lives of the babies.

The Flirty Author Bitches post is called Mobilizing and I would say we’re headed to the freeway soon. The cause has movement. We just need to keep up the momentum until everyone has a safe home.

Thank you all. I can’t even express how wonderful you are. To save even one is a miracle. To save them all… well, we aren’t there yet, but I am beginning to have faith. Your tweets were just as responsible for turning on the light in my darkness as @neilhimself’s. I just have no words (although I’ve just typed a buttload of them, haven’t I? LOL) for how much this means to me.

Many hugs and MUAHS!

wintersig

10 Responses to Himself

1. maryo says:

I am glad that it is helping. Me being here in arkansas doesnt help too much but if I could have I would have. I threw it out to some folks I know down there but they have to many pets too.
    Keep your head up girl and know that the power of the internet is working in ur favor. Which is funny considering I thought a sex tape of you would get on it first. Just shows how good you are at earsing stuff 😉

2. maryo says:

Hilly – I have offers. Not sure I have enough offers of homes but we’ll see how things shake out this week after they all come back from the vet.

Marty – I figured if people could send Lisa to Disney World, they could find homes for the babies. I will miss them soooo much!

Nat – It warms mine too. Especially since I was really upset about having to give them up.

Winters last blog post..Himself

Winters last blog post..Himself

5. Nat says:

I always warms my heart when I hear about things like this…

Glad the kittens are getting a home.

Nats last blog post..HD, music, an 80-hour week

6. Nat says:

I always warms my heart when I hear about things like this…

Glad the kittens are getting a home.

Nats last blog post..HD, music, an 80-hour week

Wow. Amazing how everyone banded together and tweet blasted this effort. I’m glad the cats are starting to get the attention and should be going to new homes soon.

Sad that you won’t be with them anymore, but there are times in life when you are presented with tough decisions.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 05

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday – Season 2 Ep. 05

9. Hilly says:

I am so glad the kitties are getting a home…they deserve it.

10. Hilly says:

I am so glad the kitties are getting a home…they deserve it.