Ashes

I remember Jester talking on Twitter about reconnecting with people from his past on Facebook.  I haven’t done much with Facebook but recently,  I was talking on a Yahoo group about what inspired my story Silver Lining that will be out in July and I thought of a way to try to reconnect with some people from my past.  It worked and I connected with a guy I’d known more than 20 years ago. He was best friends with a guy I’d been seeing.

Now, for those of you who don’t know or don’t remember me talking about Silver Lining, what spurred this story was the fact that I’d been daydreaming of what it would be like to find this guy online by happenstance. So I wrote the story of a woman who left a man she loved because she couldn’t handle the age difference.  The man let her go and always regretted that he hadn’t fought to keep her. Fifteen years later they meet online, only they don’t actually realize who they are until they meet face to face and their past relationship – one that neither of them forgot – is rekindled.

It’s a romantic and erotic story filled with yearning and pain and renewed hope. Nothing like the reality of my life I assure you! *wink* At any rate, one of the authors on the group thought I should find the man from my past and I told her nah, don’t think so. I’m happy where I am and with who I’m with.  She insisted that maybe he still thought about me too. I told her he was probably married with a bunch of kids and that his wife probably wouldn’t like it if he sat around thinking about ME! LOL She let it go. But only a handful of hours later I got a notice from Facebook that I had an email from the guy who’d been his best friend. In that email, Sid said he’d heard Paul was a meth addict now.

Okay, aside from the fact that it totally shattered my vision of Paul’s life, that news made me incredibly sad. And I wondered if his descent into that hell was in any way something that happened because of what had happened to us. Not that what had happened was my fault. I didn’t feel guilty but I did wonder.  So all the little daydreams I’d had became ashes with that email. I know what meth addicts are like and I wonder how much of my Paul is still left inside him. And… I’m just sad that his life turned out that way.  Still, my Silver Lining dream was a nice one and it fueled the story which is still one of my favorite things that I’ve written.

Funny how odd life can be that Sid popped up right after Lisa told me I should look for Paul.  Very karmic.

So now, how about a nice Marcus to round out my Monday rambles? The posed stuff is awesome but I still like the Marcus candids best.

markus090

Wishing you a happy hot Marcus Monday!

wintersig

0 Responses to Ashes

If Silver Lining is going to be as good as your previous stories, then it will be a bit hit. The story line sounds very cool.

martymankinss last blog post..Guest Posting Today

martymankinss last blog post..Guest Posting Today

3. Lisa Troy says:

That’s so sad, Lex. Yeah, fiction is always better than real life. Now I’m bummed.

4. Lisa Troy says:

5. Debbie says:

Wow, Lex, how freaky. We were just talking about him. I bet you’d rather not have known and kept your dreams. Sometimes reality sux.

6. Debbie says:

7. Kensana says:

My gosh Lex how sad he turned out that way. It’s amazing how sometimes that special someone drops back into your thoughts out of the blue.
    Silver Lining sounds awesome, but what Lex Valentine story isn’t?

Kensanas last blog post..Q & A with Romance Author Nyki Blatchley

8. Kensana says:

Silver Lining sounds awesome, but what Lex Valentine story isn’t?

Kensanas last blog post..Q & A with Romance Author Nyki Blatchley

9. Tess MacKall says:

You can’t go home again.

I love reading books on rekindled romances. How the past always seems to work itself out. But it rarely does.

Whatever happened was in no way your fault, it’s just the way it was supposed to be. Sort of like how things right now are the way they are supposed to be.

No matter how hard we work at making things come about the way we want them to, they are always exactly the way they should be.

Big hug.

Tess MacKalls last blog post..Get A Load of This Dude!

10. Tess MacKall says:

You can’t go home again.

Big hug.

Tess MacKalls last blog post..Get A Load of This Dude!

11. Lisa says:

Aw…Lex! I’m so sorry. It would have been better had you found him happily married with a houseful of kids.

I left my first love too. I was a lot younger than he was. He always told everyone he still loved me and would one day get me back. He became an alcoholic. I had to wonder if it was because of the decision I made too.

He is finally straightened out now, commented himself to a marriage. I hope it works for him. In my own way I still love him. 🙂

12. Lisa says:

Maurya – No, I know I wasn’t part of his decision to do what he’s done with his life. Still, it’s really very sad and I hope he gets help.

Cindy – Silver Lining will make you cry, but will remind you that no matter how dark the clouds are, there are silver linings…

Winters last blog post..Ashes

Winters last blog post..Ashes

15. Cindy Jacks says:

Silver Linin sounds like a winner! Can’t wait for July, Lex. And I only have one word for Marcus: YOWZA!

16. Cindy Jacks says:

17. Maurya says:

Lex, how very sad! You had nothing to do with his decision though. It is sad when someone you have cared about does something like this….and how odd to find out about it this way!

But Marcus looks great! Love that smile!!

Maurya

18. Maurya says:

But Marcus looks great! Love that smile!!

Maurya