Romance with the Crue

Marty had a great blog post about You Tube and Warner Music Group recently. Like Marty, the way WMG has treated the music in videos situation affects me. Not that I had any videos stripped of their music (yet anyway) the way Marty did, but in the way I go about searching for a song for a video.

Last night I decided to try to make a video for my first book release. I’d been thinking about this ever since I got the cover art, and frankly, I hadn’t had a single idea! So I was puttering around last night listening to different things on Imeem when Motley (Nikki) needed to put some songs into SAMS for her radio station, Wild Side Radio. I asked her what to put in and she replied, “Lots of rock. Lots of Crue.”

sunday-500

I’m not sure why that statement had me running to listen to my Motley Crue collection as soon as I had SAMS up and running, because you know nothing says ROMANCE like the CRUE. LOL Anyway, I’m sure glad I did! You wouldn’t think that Motley Crue could even have a song appropriate for an erotic romance. But they did. They do! Unfortunately, the moment I realized I would be using Motley Crue, a HUGE band, I went racing to see if they were one of Warner’s bands. Didn’t see their name on the list, but I was still sweating it until the vid went live.

Here’s the video for my book The Wise Guy. I’m really pleased with it so I hope you like it!

There’s plans in the works for a virtual release party or parties on February 22. I’ll be posting more about that when the deets are finalized. Hope you have a great Friday!

wintersig

0 Responses to Romance with the Crue

1. Lindsey Ekland says:

I am ready to read all about Randall and Breanna. I guess I need to get familiar with Nobel Romance as Moira Rogers also has a book coming out in the same series. Bree did the covers and the whole series has style. Congratulations on the new release.

2. Lindsey Ekland says:

3. love the character name randall wise.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Pollock, Part 2

4. love the character name randall wise.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Pollock, Part 2

Marty – They’re on Eleven Seven now. However, I didn’t look any further than the Warner list that’s been going round and didn’t see them on it. The Wiki for Eleven Seven lists the parent group as WMG, and Nikki Sixx as the president of the label. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleven_Seven_Music

Maybe I’ll just email Nikki for permission since I belong to his MB where he posts often. 🙂 He’s one of the few people who doesn’t let the label own his music. Smart man.

Winters last blog post..Have You Heard?

Winters last blog post..Have You Heard?

Correction from above. I meant to say the album “Generation Swine” was originally released on a Warner label. Just wanted to clear up the confusion.

martymankinss last blog post..Fuck You, Warner Music Group

martymankinss last blog post..Fuck You, Warner Music Group

Thanks for the props. I’m glad you were able to upload your video with the song intact. The song you used from “Generation Swine” is actually a Warner owned label (Elektra). But, the song is from the remastered version of the album, which is not on a Warner label (Motley Records), so it looks like it may be ok. But I wanted to alert you on this, just in case YouTube screws with this at a later date.

The trailer turned out great and I’m excited to see this published. So proud.

martymankinss last blog post..Fuck You, Warner Music Group

The trailer turned out great and I’m excited to see this published. So proud.

martymankinss last blog post..Fuck You, Warner Music Group