Playing Hooky from Hell

So I’m in deadline hell. I have to have this manuscript done by this coming weekend. I’m at 23K words and 30K is my target. I made some real progress this past weekend, but if Wednesday through Saturday had been like Sunday… well, this thing would be done. I’m not sure why this story has been difficult. I’m going to have to look at that once it is complete and sent to my editor.

Today, I’m playing hooky from hell. I have some other things I need to do after work, so the manuscript will have to wait. I have to reprogram the scoring program for my horse racing residency. Ugh. I do it once a year and I never remember how, so it takes a little time and some serious concentration.

Really, I think I was playing hooky from my deadline all along and that’s how it became hell. Funny how procrastination can bite you in the ass in the end. And this is such a tight deadline that I wonder what will happen if my editor doesn’t like this story. I mean, sure I can rework it, but will I really have the time? Probably not, which means I’d have to take a day off work to do it.  Working a full time job can really be a bitch when you write too.

Okay, enough of my bitching about hell. I need a little heaven this Monday, and I know you have all come to expect a Marcus from me. I’m in a needy Marcus mood because Jen was teasing me yesterday with the prospect of an Alaric post at the Bar. Since Marcus is the face of Alaric, I got shivery at the thought of a post…  I love his arms and chest and he’s kinda famous for them, but truly, he looks good in clothes too.

markus054markus_asbigal

It’s back to work for me today after being off since Wednesday. Month end and year end await me. And of course, I can’t play hooky from hell much longer! If you’re a writer, look for a post on inspiration over at Lex Valentine’s blog this week. The post will feature one of Justin’s photos and will also give some info on his fundraiser. Have a great Monday!

wintersig

0 Responses to Playing Hooky from Hell

1. Amber says:

Do you have any idea how INSANELY JEALOUS I am, that one of your pressures in life is a deadline?

Dude. That’s seriously awesome that you are now a published author with an editor and all that goes along with it.

I am SO SO SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!

And I apologize that, clearly, I am also envious :).

I hope 2009 brings you much peace, love, and happiness, Winter!

XOXO

Ambers last blog post..Me, Myself, and Who?

2. Amber says:

I am SO SO SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!

And I apologize that, clearly, I am also envious :).

I hope 2009 brings you much peace, love, and happiness, Winter!

XOXO

Ambers last blog post..Me, Myself, and Who?

I understand the hookey. Hope you can reach that 30k goal.

martymankinss last blog post..Snowy Sunday #08

I understand the hookey. Hope you can reach that 30k goal.

martymankinss last blog post..Snowy Sunday #08

5. Nat says:

Whaddaya mean he’s got clothing on? Damn it!

Writing deadlines are harsh and one of the things I don’t miss about journalism. 7,000 words is a chunk.

I hope the muse finds you and that the words fly out of your fingers. 🙂

Nats last blog post..La vie continue…

6. Nat says:

Whaddaya mean he’s got clothing on? Damn it!

I hope the muse finds you and that the words fly out of your fingers. 🙂

Nats last blog post..La vie continue…

7. marot says:

OK do I have to kick you in the ass?? Dont make me send a virtual foot young lady!!! Come on girl finish that story. Get int eh groove and write it out!! I need another fix here!
    If foot does nto work guilt will I know.

marots last blog post..christmas is over

8. marot says:

If foot does nto work guilt will I know.

marots last blog post..christmas is over

9. Ugh!!! Deadline hell is NO FUN!!! You can dooooooo eeet!!! Hang in there.

Jennifer McKenzies last blog post..Welcome

10. Ugh!!! Deadline hell is NO FUN!!! You can dooooooo eeet!!! Hang in there.

Jennifer McKenzies last blog post..Welcome