What’s a Magi?

Do you remember the Christmas story called the Gift of the Magi? It’s a Christmas story with a twist, but a heartwarming one. It’s always been my favorite Christmas story. I suppose when I set out to write a Christmas story for my publisher that it must have been at the back of my head. What I produced was hot and sexy, but by the end it’s obvious that it’s a Gift of the Magi type of tale.

The reason I’m telling you this today is because if you visit my publisher Pink Petal Books and click on the link for the bookstore, you will find my Christmas ebook. You can also visit All Romance Ebooks and search for the author name Lex Valentine and find the book. The title is Christmas Hookup and the cover is sexy and Christmasy at the same time.

This story has no vampires, no dragons, no immortal beings. What is has is a piece of me. It’s the story of a woman who leaves her cowtown of a hometown and moves away. A friend drags her back for a Christmas reunion. While she’s there, the woman meets a man who has also left the cowtown behind and is now famous.

Coming from the home of the California Rodeo, with no intention of ever going home to stay again, this was an easy piece to write. I understand the motivation to want to leave a place like that. I also understand how you can not want to live there, yet still call it home. The story is something that could have happened to me. However, it didn’t, and I’m here behind the Orange Curtain with a rocker not a cowboy.

Despite the absence of the throbbing vampire cock you have all come to expect from me, I hope you all go and download the book. It’s only 7500 words, and yes there is explicit sex, but it’s also a heartwarming story of commitment and love and Christmas. The message that I send in the story is one that I wish for all of you this holiday season… may you all recognize the love that you have in your lives, embrace it, and show those people how much you care. Perhaps we are not all as lucky as say Jester and UMB and we don’t have a special someone in our lives. There are others whom we love, family and friends, and they are all just as needful of hearing the words as a lover.

All of you who have befriended me and supported me, despite the fact that my life has become this crazed thing that doesn’t give me the time yet to return to my former bloggy ways of being your comment whore… I do love you. My arms may not reach to Salt Lake City, Irvine, Pittsburgh, New York City, Sebring, Wenatachee, Portland, San Francisco, Eureka, or even Flippen, Arkansas… but my words can. And I’m telling you people now that I love you. May you all bask in the love of your families and friends this Christmas and know that despite the mess our world has become, there is still something good in it for each and every one of us.

Now, go download my book! It’s FREE! 😉

Pink Petal Books bookstore

All Romance eBooks

wintersig

0 Responses to What’s a Magi?

Marty – You’re one of the people whose support has kept me chugging away. All my deadlines will be ending mid-January so I’m trying to figure out how to juggle things best now so that come Jan I can go back to reading and commenting on all the blogs I miss, of which yours is right at the top! Thank you so much for always coming by to encourage me! Love to you this Christmas!

Winters last blog post..Wet Marcus?

Winters last blog post..Wet Marcus?

Wow. Thank you… lots of love back to you from here in Salt Lake City. You are doing things in your life that I admire greatly.

I’m going to go grab the book this week and see what fine works you have put together so far.

martymankinss last blog post..Closing Up Shop

martymankinss last blog post..Closing Up Shop

You three ladies (Susan, Hilly, Mary) are all so top notch to me. You’re all such amazing individuals and women. Sending you all much love this Christmas!

7. marot says:

OK downloaded and waiting for me. I have to take 2 finals first than get to read some naughty. Might just keep it for later tonight so that I can read it than go get the hubbie.
    I do appericate you more than you know. I’ll always be here for ya and well my foot is always free. Take care and remember my door is always open for ya.

8. marot says:

9. Hilly says:

Awww, lots of love to you, Winter. I am so happy for you that your life has taken such an amazing turn.

🙂

Hillys last blog post..List on the 3s: Top Ten Things About Christmas We Could Seriously Do Without

10. Hilly says:

🙂

11. Aww, babe! You are so awesome…

I’m posting about the book at Win a Book for you. 😀

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..ShapeShifter Fiction: Moving the Celebration

12. Aww, babe! You are so awesome…

I’m posting about the book at Win a Book for you. 😀