The Scoop

The Scoop is this: I suck at time management. I cannot figure out how to do all the stuff I need to do in the time alloted every day. Somehow I have to figure out how to get myself on track with the writing, the promo loops, the websites, the blogs, the blog reading, the trailers, the sim, the Bar, and just regular reading. I was thinking that things would slow this month and I would get myself in a position to juggle everything better. Then I screwed up… sorta.

I sent in a proposal to Noble Romance for a novella for their Child of the Week project. A lot of the authors who had already been accepted for this project are Cobblestone Press authors. (One of the BIG e-publishers) Well, my proposal was accepted and she sent me a contract for it. Now, I have a mid-January deadline with no one to blame but myself that I don’t have time for other things.

For those of you waiting to read something I wrote, I will have two free Christmas stories coming out shortly. One is a Pink Chair Diaries story, a contemporary erotic romance called A Very Cougar Christmas. It will be available to read on their website. The second is also a contemporary erotic romance. This one is called Christmas Hookup. If you click the title you’ll see the cover. It will be available for download at Pink Petal Books. There are no dragons or throbbing vampire cock in these stories. They are straightforward M/F sex stories.

I gotta figure the time thing out though. I miss reading blogs and my feed reader is exploding. I miss all of YOU. I feel like I’m all work no play without all of you to balance out my life. I feel out of the loop, and it bothers me tremendously. I miss Hilly not being cryptic and Miss Britt’s questioning things. I miss Scooter Sunday and Bad Monkey. I even miss Avitable being naked and Karl bashing celebs. I’ll figure this out, I promise. I feel like a piece of me is missing so I have to.

In other news the scoop is this: If you’ve been noting my Flickr posts on Twitter you’ll already know that some kids threw a rock and broke the back side window of my car. And you’ll also know that I got a haircut! My Twitter pic and Yahoo IM pic are both of the new haircut. I took the pic with the webcam. And no, I’m not sure that means a vlog is in my future.

Here is today’s Marcus to help all of us straight women and gay men face Monday on an upbeat note. This is the photo that jump started his career. Kind of appropriate today since I rather feel like my writing career has been jump started in the last couple of months.

One last note, there is still time to get in on the big contest drawing at Bloody Kissmas. The poster is below, click it to get the large one that you can read. You could win a cool vampire candle or a t-shirt from ME! So head on over to My Space and get in on the giveaway!

Have a fantastic Monday!

0 Responses to The Scoop

1. Jason X says:

As much as you want to do everything, time management doesn’t solve that problem. Sounds like you’re doing the right thing: focusing on your writing, getting published, etc. That’s got to be first. Just keep rolling.

Jason Xs last blog post..Holiday Party 08 – Part I

2. Jason X says:

Jason Xs last blog post..Holiday Party 08 – Part I

3. Welcome to deadline hell. Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahaw!
    Congrats on all your successes, Dahling. I am NOT surprised. You’re brilliant.
    FABULOUS picture. Mmmmmmm showers.

4. Welcome to deadline hell. Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahaw!
    Congrats on all your successes, Dahling. I am NOT surprised. You’re brilliant.
    FABULOUS picture. Mmmmmmm showers.

I think I suck worse at time management. I get distracted so easily. There’s so much I want to do: read book, magazine articles, write, make videos, watch TV shows (a growing list that I’ve been bad at not writing about on Snackie TeeVee) and so much more. Yet, I can find the easiest thing to distract me without any problems.

And no vlog in your future? you should do one. I think it would be fun. I know I like doing the scooter and snowy sunday videos. And I do have a separate one planned for the holidays.

And one last thing… I’m sorry I’ve been so bad at coming out here and commenting. Although it looks like you’ve not posted much…. assuming you are writing a lot (which is what I need to more of)

martymankinss last blog post..Snowy Sunday #04

martymankinss last blog post..Snowy Sunday #04

7. marot says:

I noticed you have beeen super busy. No bar or anything. Dont feel bad though. I have been just as busy. Finals this week for school, kids are getting in the christmas mood so basically that means I am decorating, have a CPR class coming up, got to take some classes so I can help coach this year for softball, and have felt like crap the last 2 weeks.
    I know ya still luv us little people. Just take it one day at a time and keep in touch when you can.

8. marot says:

9. Nat says:

I must say that the Marcus hit is always a good thing.

I’m sorry about the window but the hair looks great. (I think I said that to you at one point.)

Good luck with the writing.

Nats last blog post..I remember…

10. Nat says:

I must say that the Marcus hit is always a good thing.

Good luck with the writing.

Nats last blog post..I remember…