Yes, I do appreciate all of you. Sometimes I get wrapped up in things and forget to say it or show it, but I FEEL it. Yesterday, at the horse racing sim, we were informed that one of our friends had died earlier this month from brain cancer. We hadn’t heard from him in awhile because of his illness and his nephew who gave us updates, took his death hard and didn’t let us know right away. John Chapman, Nawbo or Naws to the sim gang, was an amazing friend who was my partner in the Stupor Stable. I miss him, but I know that he lives on in the memories – little pieces of him – that I, and the others, carry in our hearts.

Nawbo’s passing reminds me that I should thank all of you for YOU. For coming here or reading me in your feed readers. For commenting – showing that you care by the words you leave here when I’m excited or sad or sick. And all your tweets are important to me, from Dave’s chiding about TVC to Gooster’s Good morning, sunshine. Thank you to all of you who sent comments on Twitter about Nawbo’s death. Every tweet was important to me.

I do have some news for you about my writing. I received a second contract from a different publisher for my story Silver Lining. SL is an intensely personal story for me. I cried writing it that’s how deep it goes. Silver Lining will be released in July by Midnight Showcase Fiction. My sequel will be read by my publisher this week and I’m hoping she likes it as much as Shifting Winds. This series is quickly becoming a focus for me. I’ve started working out plot twists for Fire Season, which is book 3. Vahid, the enigmatic black dragon, shows up a little more in this book because a lot of it is tied up with the Antaeus family’s business where he’s a VP. I have a feeling he’s going to be one of those secondary characters that the readers want to have his own story. We’ll see how that goes though… Number 3 isn’t even written yet. 😉

I wish every one of you a very happy Thanksgiving, and much love and laughter. Thank you for YOU. You all make my life so much brighter.

0 Responses to Thank You For You

1. Jason X says:

Winter, happy to hear you’re having success with your writing (the contracts, etc.). It’s great news. Keep up the good work!

Jason Xs last blog post..How to Seduce Your Intern

2. Jason X says:

Jason Xs last blog post..How to Seduce Your Intern

3. marot says:

I hope you were well enough to eat some bird and stuff. I ate so much I am full 2 days later. I think my ass grew a little.
    You know I will always be there for you and pimp your ass out. 😉

marots last blog post..Happy Turkey Day

4. marot says:

You know I will always be there for you and pimp your ass out. 😉

marots last blog post..Happy Turkey Day

Nat – Marty always gets the good lines before everyone else. If he doesn’t, Avitable does. And you’re most welcome on the inspiration!

Blu – I’m much better after the FP. That stuff knocks you down instantly but is luckily out of your system in a couple of days. About 3 in my case. When I have release dates on the books I’ll be posting the information. Thanks!

Winters last blog post..Thank You For You

Winters last blog post..Thank You For You

7. Blu-Amy says:

Happy Thanksgiving – a day late 🙁

Be sure to let us know when we can purchase your books and I’ll run out and greab them.

Hope you’ve been feeling better since the fp.

Blu-Amys last blog post..Happy Thanksgiving to you all

8. Blu-Amy says:

Happy Thanksgiving – a day late 🙁

Hope you’ve been feeling better since the fp.

Blu-Amys last blog post..Happy Thanksgiving to you all

9. Nat says:

Marty stole my line.

But thank you for the inspiration. 🙂

Nats last blog post..It’s a sickness they say

10. Nat says:

Marty stole my line.

But thank you for the inspiration. 🙂

Nats last blog post..It’s a sickness they say

Becky – Wishing you an excellent holiday too! *hugs*

Marty – I hope you have a great day! You’re most welcome re the writing. I can’t wait see what you turn out.

Winters last blog post..Thank You For You

Becky – Wishing you an excellent holiday too! *hugs*

Winters last blog post..Thank You For You

Happy Turkey Day to you. Thank you for being a writing inspiration, even if it hasn’t produced anything major yet for me. I see your success and know that it’s possible for others, too.

martymankinss last blog post..An Open Letter to Chris Cornell

martymankinss last blog post..An Open Letter to Chris Cornell

15. happy, happy thanksgiving, win.
    xoxo

hello haha narfs last blog post..HNT – My 31st Half Nekkid Thursday Falls On Thanksgiving

16. happy, happy thanksgiving, win.
    xoxo