Bittersweet Symphony

‘Cause it’s a bittersweet symphony, this life
Trying to make ends meet
You’re a slave to money then you die
I’ll take you down the only road I’ve ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places
Where all the veins meet yeah

I love that song by the Verve. They were kind of a one hit wonder with it, don’t you think? The lyrics are pretty true though for someone like me who lives paycheck to paycheck and is ever at the mercy of a landlord. I have a week’s reprieve. We’ll see how things go next weekend. Meanwhile, the lyrics still hold true. Until the cost of living is more manageable or I get some kinda huge promotion or raise (yeah, right) those lyrics are my life.

All I really want out of the stupid ass politicians is some kind of overhaul of the income tax system. It’s just not fair when I have to pay the same amount of taxes as a person who makes the same amount of money as I do, but who lives in bum fuck South Dakota where the cost of living is half what I have to pay. Not just rent but gas, utilities, food… everything. That person is living well with enough money to have a savings account. I’m struggling to pay the bills. And yet I have to pay the same amount of taxes as bum fuck SD. Sure, I don’t have to live in CA, but neither does bum fuck have to live in SD. All I’m saying is that the cost of living should be taken into account. Either that or the government should regulate it all so it costs the same for everyone everywhere. Pffft. That would take care of a chunk of haves and have nots, wouldn’t it? LOL

Yeah, yeah. I oversimplified and I forgot this index or that theory. Whatever. Things are just not equal or fair in this country and that’s not what the founding fathers wanted. I don’t really wanna get into the politics of stuff. It’s not me. I’m basically just disillusioned with it all anyway. I don’t really care who wins the election because I’m pretty sure it’s all gonna stay the same for me and my wallet and bills.

So, back to the Verve. I made a video for The Bar. It’s pretty cool and it uses that song so I’ll toss it on here in a minute. I got into a discussion on one of the author loops last night about copyrights. I tossed in a few cents because people at the Bar have taken to slapping a copyright onto the end of their posts. A couple of people do it. Me? Not a chance. I do have that URL registered with Numly which then generates an ESN number for me with my name for anything I post, but I don’t bother to slap the copyright onto every post. Why? It’s not really necessary for one. The Bar is a closed forum. No one can get there but a registered member. If there’s thievery happening it’s because we let someone in who wasn’t honest. As for the other Bar members worrying that I’ll steal their stuff so I can get published… if that’s what they think, I can take my characters and go home. All they have to do is say so, and I’ll write every one of my characters off the story. I think the other writers are all smart enough to know that. Although if they’re worried about me stealing their stuff, then maybe they aren’t that smart after all.

Ok, enough bad juju stuffs. Here’s a Marcus and then I’ll post the Bar video. Oooh, that Marcus. He should be on the cover of all the hot books. Oh, yeah. I don’t know what the hell that is he’s wearing here, but he’s just sizzling.

And now, here’s the Bar video. Marcus is in this one too!

If anyone is interesting in reading the Bar story email me at winter at winterheart dot com. Have a great Monday!

0 Responses to Bittersweet Symphony

That’s a great song. It’s the ringtone that plays on my phone when my wife calls.

An overhaul of the tax system is something I would like to see before I get too many more years on me. I don’t mind paying a fair share, but there’s times when it seems like the drain on the middle class is more than it should be.

Of course, the pundits always use figures to make it look like we really are not paying that much. Even with official links from irs.gov to show the real numbers, there’s something about seeing the gross vs. the net on the paycheck that makes you wonder if those figures aren’t just made up.

3. Maryo says:

Just so you know some of those will glow in the dark to. I thought you would get a kick out of that. Trying to figure out which ones was a hell of time to. I will not get to into here but lets just say while I was waiting I checked out the collection of sex toys in the back room.

Maryos last blog post..A god’s view

4. Maryo says:

Maryos last blog post..A god’s view

Mary – Thanks for the birthday card. I’m still chuckling. And the gauges are great too. Something for my double Helix! WOOT! And your muse… will return. You just need to get untired.

Blu – WOOOO FUCKING HOOOO!!! I am SOOO happy for you. The lawsuit thing is nothing compared to the other. *BIG HUGS*

Winters last blog post..Bittersweet Symphony

Winters last blog post..Bittersweet Symphony

7. Blu-Amy says:

🙁 on the pay thing. We just managed to dig ourselves out from week to week to now a month in savings. But this stupid lawsuit will put us back to paycheck to paycheck.

I have good news to share with you though. The lump is not cancer 🙂

Blu-Amys last blog post..Weekend in review

8. Blu-Amy says:

I have good news to share with you though. The lump is not cancer 🙂

Blu-Amys last blog post..Weekend in review

9. Maryo says:

Win you know my view on it. Sometimes folks just need to stop and remember why they are writing. It is for the fun of it not cause we are going to all get rich off of it.
    I have lost my muse something fierce so there is no writing for me right now. I just cant write anything that sounds even remotely decent. Pissing me off. Thankfully Shiny is going to help me out. Without her I think I would just blah out. I am so pissed about not writing. It is getting on my f’ing nerves.

Far as money goes. Living paycheck to paycheck just sucks ass. Dont know how you are doing it out there. I have been there and know that it takes more to live. If i could help ya out I sure would. You have helped me out just by being there and giving me a nice escape from crappy reality. Hugs girl!!

Maryos last blog post..A god’s view

10. Maryo says:

Maryos last blog post..A god’s view

Thanks Jen! I don’t worry about the copyright stuff so much. One of the ladies on the loop was all tweaked about it last night though because someone made a big to do about copyrights on a group thing (sorta like the Bar)and really upset her friend. Plus some author was pushing it and some of the info was misinformation. It’s just funny how people get their panties in a twist and turn something that’s not such a big deal into huge drama.

13. Very cool video, Winter!!
    I try not to worry about all that copyright stuff too much.
    I love the bar stories. Just sayin’

14. Very cool video, Winter!!
    I try not to worry about all that copyright stuff too much.
    I love the bar stories. Just sayin’