Round Two

So, I didn’t get a post up on Sunday. I’m afraid I’m gonna be a little erratic with the posting for a bit here. I’m seriously obsessed with this writing thing.

It’s Monday and not only do I need to post Marcus, I have some other media things to share. I think I’ll start with Marcus because I need to start with something yummy and sexy.

Whew! He’s hot. I’m ready to move on now.

Last time I posted I told you about learning to use Windows Movie Maker. I made a couple of videos while I was trying to figure out the software. One of them was for my new Pink Chair Diaries post The Wiz & the Chair.

When I was writing Wiz, I needed a name for one of the characters, so I asked Justin if I could use his. He graciously agreed. Then, when I was making the video, I needed a song and Jester came to my rescue. The song he suggested was a hot one, to complement the hot story. So here it is, the video for the Wiz & the Chair.

My last bit of media is twofold. I have a free story available for download at lexvalentine.com. I made a little video for it too. Then I used one of the stock images I bought to create a cover for the story. So here’s a link to the pdf file of the story, complete with a cover made by yours truly. Underneath it is the video. Strangely, enough, even though there are things wrong with this video, it’s my favorite.

The Silver Queen’s Death

I hope you enjoyed my second media blitz. It’s been a lot of work learning to promote myself. I still don’t have this stuff down. I wonder how any writers have time to write with all this stuff they have to do. I’m not even published yet, but just putting all the stuff in place has been a huge project. When you send in a query letter or submission, these publishers ask you to tell them what you can do to help promote yourself and your writing. So I have to have the ability to handle this media or I’ll have to pay to have it done. Luckily, I love Photoshop. Heh.

Have a great Monday!

0 Responses to Round Two

Justin – They’re all fixed now!

Justin – They’re all fixed now!

3. Justin Scott says:

I can’t get the videos to load that you post, YouTube keeps saying “Video No Longer Available”.

Sad!

4. Justin Scott says:

Sad!

5. whall says:

I get the creativity push also… once I get into that “mode” I don’t want to lose it, get interrupted, or do anything I’m *supposed* to do. Just leave me alone, thanx!

whalls last blog post..The Hall Dogs, so far…

6. whall says:

whalls last blog post..The Hall Dogs, so far…

Jen – Thanks! I think I’m more in love with the cover I made. LOL I’m a little burned on the vids now.

Becky – It’s funny how your life changes when you stop saying, it will never happen and start saying, I can make this happen. Thanks so much for always coming by to boost my ego!

Winters last blog post..Round Two

Winters last blog post..Round Two

9. glad you are enjoying the video work. i have NO clue how to do any of it so i am blown away.

i’m proud of you for knowing what you want and working hard for it. i wish you nothing but the best, sweet winter.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Monday Mourning

10. glad you are enjoying the video work. i have NO clue how to do any of it so i am blown away.

hello haha narfs last blog post..Monday Mourning

11. Gorgeous videos, Winter. I love them.

12. Gorgeous videos, Winter. I love them.

Mary – I need to inject you with the muse. Other people get injected with the gay… for you, something different. I will post a tidbit of what I’m writing for Tuesday in the hope that it jump starts you.

Winters last blog post..Round Two

Winters last blog post..Round Two

15. Maryo says:

Ideas take energy and I am all out of both. I think my muse, the fucker, took off and is sitting over there by you.
    It ok though, you can have the shit. You are doing a fabo job on the videos and I can only imagine on your writing.

16. Maryo says:

Marty – I look forward to seeing the fruits of your creative burst! It’s a lot of fun when those floodgates open, but whew, it’s a lot of work too. Thanks for being so supportive!

I understand the part about being obsessed when you are in a creative mode. Since I started doing the Scooter Sunday videos, it’s unleashed a flood gate of ideas flowing out of me, for both my writings and my video work. I really hope this continues for the foreseeable future, because I am really enjoying it.

And I know you are enjoying it as well… I mean, look at the awesome efforts you did with your new site.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #23