Hallelujah!

I’m not praising the Monday, really. However, there are things for which I am grateful this Monday. So I shall commence singing the praises of those things!

First, let me say that I would make a crappy politician. See, I can’t just nod, shake hands and move along. So when I said I got a rejection letter on the same day I lost a contest, and all the bloggers and all the writers and authors from my Yahoo groups came out to send me email and post comments here and at Lex Valentine… well, I was touched. And I spent like the whole day sending and posting thank yous. I can’t just nod and move along like a politician. I most sincerely appreciate all the encouragement I’ve received from everyone.

I do have to mention three people who most especially deserve an extra thank you from me. First to Jen, for her constant encouragement, for helping me with Silver Linings from the moment I finished the first draft, and for wanting to see Alex and Maris get pubbed. Next, to Jason X for the comment that had the most impact with me. And finally to author and editor Mary Winter, who took the time to read and critique Silver Linings and email with me on Saturday night. I’ve added 2K words to this story and it’s going someplace I never thought it would go. We’ll see how it all shakes out.

Next is my Marcus for this Monday. I found a few new photos of him this weekend. Some not as flattering as usual, but that’s okay. My guy is getting older. Lots of women don’t think he’s the thing anymore because he’s almost 40. My reply to that is how many men look this hot at 40?

And finally for today, Dawg, who is one of my most favorite reads now, has gifted me with a cool award, which I can now pass on to others! I love the ones I can pass on. Spread the love! Thanks, Dawg. You’re awesome!

Here’s the rules of the award:

So here are seven eight of my favorite blogs (while trying not to give it to someone who already got one):

• It’s Just Justin – Sweet, hot guy. Awesome photography. Plus, did I say he was hot?
  • Banal Leakage – A day without Marty is not a good day. He’s one of my fave people!
  • Tech-Babe – TB is a snarky, sexy IT girl with a heart of gold.
  • Kapgar – Why I didn’t start reading him sooner, I just don’t know. I must have been brain impaired.
  • Redneck Romance Writer – I can’t miss Jen’s blog. I get twitchy when I do.
  • Bagwine Ruminations – I love a man who posts meat on his blog and no one does that better than Matt-Man.
  • Why? What Have You Heard? – Mojo is another blogger with great photos. Plus, he’s just a little naughty too.
  • West of Mars – No list of my favorites is complete without Susan and her rock band.

Give those people a read, if you’ve never read them before. There is a reason I visit them! Happy non-rejection Monday!

0 Responses to Hallelujah!

Kapgar – Well, I know that now! šŸ˜‰ Hee hee

Winters last blog post..Quick Nā€™ Hot

Kapgar – Well, I know that now! šŸ˜‰ Hee hee

Winters last blog post..Quick Nā€™ Hot

3. kapgar says:

High brow? Me? Woah. No no no. In many cases, I’m probably even more of a goof than many of you. šŸ˜‰

kapgars last blog post..I’ve got my spine, I’ve got my Orange Crush…

4. kapgar says:

kapgars last blog post..I’ve got my spine, I’ve got my Orange Crush…

Justin – Pass the love to at least 7 other people! I like to give them to people who haven’t gotten one yet. And… you know I luvs ya! MUAH!

Winters last blog post..Hallelujah!

Winters last blog post..Hallelujah!

7. Justin Scott says:

Oh how sweet you are to put me in your top 8! I guess that means I need to update my blog too and select my top reads, though I guess I don’t include your even though it is definitely one of my top reads!

8. Justin Scott says:

Mojo – You’re soooo cute. I’ll call you if my musician ever leaves me. šŸ˜‰

Winters last blog post..Hallelujah!

Mojo – You’re soooo cute. I’ll call you if my musician ever leaves me. šŸ˜‰

Winters last blog post..Hallelujah!

11. Mojo says:

“Naughty?” Moi?? Only on Thursdays and other days that end in “Y”. But since the Silver Queen’s already spoken for, I gotta put myself out there don’t I? (‘Cuz no way could I stand in the way of that kind of love…)

Seriously love, thanks ever so much for the props.
    Now… who to tag…
    Must think hard on this one.

Mojos last blog post..Thematic Photographic 15: "Closeup" (v.2.0) My Garage Redux

12. Mojo says:

Seriously love, thanks ever so much for the props.
    Now… who to tag…
    Must think hard on this one.

Kapgar – I think it’s that every time someone raved about you I thought you must be some high brow blogger. When I finally read it and realized you’re a goof like the rest of us… I felt right at home! šŸ˜‰

Jen – You’re most welcome! My week is not complete without a Whiskey Wednesday or Just Sayin’.

Matt – Glad you can see the light again!

Susan – You’re welcome. Mitchell is too. What a fantasy man!

Mary – Darlin’ things will come right again. They always seem too. Some take a little more work than others… but nothing stays crappy forever. Luv ya! *HUGS*

Marty – You’re most welcome! Your blog and twats make my day complete!

Winters last blog post..I Is Not Down

Matt – Glad you can see the light again!

Susan – You’re welcome. Mitchell is too. What a fantasy man!

Marty – You’re most welcome! Your blog and twats make my day complete!

Winters last blog post..I Is Not Down

Why thank you for the props. I will include it in my next Random Leakage post I do this week.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #22

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #22

17. Maryo says:

I am glad I was not the only one that was blah this past week. I dont know why but I couldnt do anything this weekend. NO writing, no homework which was not a good thing to do.
    I am still freakign dragging today but have to go clean the yard up. What was the leftovers of Ike hit us with some wicked winds. I have 2 small trees down out in the yard. Yeah i get to clean up more yard crap, shit.
    Plus I get to try to find us a spot for the girl scouts to go camping on top of everything. I think I will just bang my head now and get it over with.

18. Maryo says:

19. Aww, babe, thanks. I’ve been getting a bunch of kudos lately; the post will go up soon.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Giving You… Black Wolf on Tour

20. Aww, babe, thanks. I’ve been getting a bunch of kudos lately; the post will go up soon.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Giving You… Black Wolf on Tour

21. Matt-Man says:

Thanks Winter…I’m am glad that you love my meat. We just got power back on here, so I’ll catch up with ya later. Cheers!!

Matt-Mans last blog post..Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Ike, Disrespectin’

22. Matt-Man says:

Matt-Mans last blog post..Sunday Morning Church Disservice: Ike, Disrespectin’

23. Awwww thanks Winter. I feel the same way about your blog. You rock hon.

24. Awwww thanks Winter. I feel the same way about your blog. You rock hon.

25. kapgar says:

No no no… it’s simply that you weren’t brain impaired enough to bring yourself to read me. šŸ˜‰

kapgars last blog post..The old man is snoring…

26. kapgar says:

kapgars last blog post..The old man is snoring…