I’m not praising the Monday, really. However, there are things for which I am grateful this Monday. So I shall commence singing the praises of those things!
First, let me say that I would make a crappy politician. See, I can’t just nod, shake hands and move along. So when I said I got a rejection letter on the same day I lost a contest, and all the bloggers and all the writers and authors from my Yahoo groups came out to send me email and post comments here and at Lex Valentine… well, I was touched. And I spent like the whole day sending and posting thank yous. I can’t just nod and move along like a politician. I most sincerely appreciate all the encouragement I’ve received from everyone.
I do have to mention three people who most especially deserve an extra thank you from me. First to Jen, for her constant encouragement, for helping me with Silver Linings from the moment I finished the first draft, and for wanting to see Alex and Maris get pubbed. Next, to Jason X for the comment that had the most impact with me. And finally to author and editor Mary Winter, who took the time to read and critique Silver Linings and email with me on Saturday night. I’ve added 2K words to this story and it’s going someplace I never thought it would go. We’ll see how it all shakes out.
Next is my Marcus for this Monday. I found a few new photos of him this weekend. Some not as flattering as usual, but that’s okay. My guy is getting older. Lots of women don’t think he’s the thing anymore because he’s almost 40. My reply to that is how many men look this hot at 40?
And finally for today, Dawg, who is one of my most favorite reads now, has gifted me with a cool award, which I can now pass on to others! I love the ones I can pass on. Spread the love! Thanks, Dawg. You’re awesome!
Here’s the rules of the award:
- The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
- Link the person you received your award from.
- Nominate at least seven other blogs
- Put links of those blogs on yours.
- Leave a message on the blogs that you’ve nominated.
So here are seven eight of my favorite blogs (while trying not to give it to someone who already got one):
- It’s Just Justin – Sweet, hot guy. Awesome photography. Plus, did I say he was hot?
- Banal Leakage – A day without Marty is not a good day. He’s one of my fave people!
- Tech-Babe – TB is a snarky, sexy IT girl with a heart of gold.
- Kapgar – Why I didn’t start reading him sooner, I just don’t know. I must have been brain impaired.
- Redneck Romance Writer – I can’t miss Jen’s blog. I get twitchy when I do.
- Bagwine Ruminations – I love a man who posts meat on his blog and no one does that better than Matt-Man.
- Why? What Have You Heard? – Mojo is another blogger with great photos. Plus, he’s just a little naughty too.
- West of Mars – No list of my favorites is complete without Susan and her rock band.
Give those people a read, if you’ve never read them before. There is a reason I visit them! Happy non-rejection Monday!