A Token

I promised my straight male readers some heat today, didn’t I? I guess that means I can’t really toss a Marcus in there. Hee hee. That’s okay. I have lots of him on my hard drive.

Before I toss out some hotties this Wednesday, I have a tiny little story to tell. Awhile back, when I first was introduced to Jester here online, he made a joke to me in IM about being the token gay on some blog rolls. I joked back that he wouldn’t be the token gay on my blog roll because that role was already taken. It wasn’t a joke though. There really was a gay on my blog roll before I ever added Jester.

Bella Daddy Blog is the name of his blog. His name is David and I’ve known him, and loved him, since high school. I knew his mom, his brothers… He is a part of my family, went on vacations to Washington with us, and lived in my parents’ house when he had trouble with his step dad. Over the years we lost touch. I think we hooked up once or twice, but then he found me during a really important time in his life, the birth of his first child two years ago. The story of Bella, and of David’s life now, is an amazing one.

I guess the reason I’m telling this story is because a couple of things happened yesterday. One, Gooster twatted about getting his first invite to a gay wedding. And two, David sent me a link to the photo album of his trip to Italy with his partner and their daughter. Their kid is cute as can be, but the photos of David with Vince showed me something that I knew with my head, yet hadn’t really seen with my eyes. (We’ve been talking online. I have yet to meet Vince.)

David has it all. The love, the kid, the whole nine yards… and I am so incredibly happy for him. The photos of him with Vince are like looking at photos of Jester and UMB together. There’s that indefinable oneness, that sense of just incredible happiness. It brings me much joy to know that David has that. Here’s a link to the photos, so you can see for yourself what I’m talking about. Their happiness leaps right off the screen at you. Gay or straight, I don’t know how anyone can not see the love in these photos.

Europe 2008

Okay, now that I told you the story of my token gay, I’ll give the straight guys some hotties. *snicker*

Yeah, that’s a dark haired Hilary Duff. Hard to believe, isn’t it?

There’s Keeley Hazell like I promised.

A little taste of Naomi Watts…

And a repeat of Liz Hurley for good measure. (For Dave, ya know. He’s dealing with a diet so we must show him some love.)

Oh, and I really can’t do this without at least one male hottie. Since he got such raves the last time I posted him… here’s Brandon Boyd.

BTW, I decided on a pen name, stole it from my favorite character at the Bar actually. If I ever get something accepted for publication, I will then build myself a real author website at LexValentine.com. For now, it points to Winterheart.com. I was really excited when I clicked the button to register the domain yesterday. Now, I really have to get cracking on my writing projects, which are listed on my WIP (works in progress) page at Winterheart.com.

Update on the knee… still swollen, but not as bad. Still sore and stiff. Gonna try to go to work. I have a feeling I won’t make it the whole day because the damn thing is bound to start swelling again, requiring a few hours elevation. I can walk, albeit rather stiff legged, so I’m off to the office.

Have a great humpday!

0 Responses to A Token

David – Oh, yeah. I forgot. Freshman orientation. The psych thing. You were a little freaked on my eyes now that you remind me. I guess I have them to thank for knowing you, huh? There’s something about that teenage first love kinda stuff that does sorta hang out in the back of your memory… I’m glad we were both smart enough not to let all the changes we’ve been through in life turn us into the kind of people who wouldn’t remember such a thing. I’m blessed to still know you, and to know that you remember.

Winters last blog post..That Does It

Winters last blog post..That Does It

3. Yes, the actual Token here…:-) Hafta say thanks! What an amazing walk down memory lane…and truly wonderful compliments. We had a great time in Europe…and WOW, what you can see with those eyes…and yes, I remember the affect those eyes had on me as a Teen!

LOVE your blog!!

Thanks much for being in my life…still…to this day…

BellaDaddyBlogs last blog post..Bella Turns 2 AGAIN…and yet, again!

4. Yes, the actual Token here…:-) Hafta say thanks! What an amazing walk down memory lane…and truly wonderful compliments. We had a great time in Europe…and WOW, what you can see with those eyes…and yes, I remember the affect those eyes had on me as a Teen!

LOVE your blog!!

Thanks much for being in my life…still…to this day…

BellaDaddyBlogs last blog post..Bella Turns 2 AGAIN…and yet, again!

Dave – I forgot to post the chocolate pudding with whipped cream pic! I will get to it though. I am determined to cheer you up. 🙂

Winters last blog post..A Token

Winters last blog post..A Token

7. Dave2 says:

Yeah, baby!!

Dave2s last blog post..100

8. Dave2 says:

Yeah, baby!!

Dave2s last blog post..100

Mary – You should come by The Bar read a little of our crazy paranormal story. I swear some of the writers *cough* Twisted *cough* are better looking than our characters! You must have gotten me from the Joyfully Reviewed group. I just joined that one. Thanks for coming by!

Winters last blog post..A Token

Winters last blog post..A Token

11. Mary Eastham says:

Loved your blog post. Don’t know how I even found it, must’ve been on one of the many ListServs I subscribe to. I, too, am the same age as JFK, Jr. and grew up in Kennedy country. I’ve been a long-time runner so my knees are shot. It helps to wrap them with ice every nite, leg raised, and keep it there for about 20 minutes. I did it every nite last week and my knee feels fine, as fine as it can for us crazy boomers. Glad you domained your fave name. I call myself WordActress and seem to get great responses to that. I have one book out, ‘The Shadow of a Dog I Can’t Forget’ and am half-way through my first novel, ‘Night Suring – A Story of Love and Wonder in the Waves of Malibu. I’ll keep following your blog. Lots of luck in your writing and with your knee…Mary Kennedy Eastham

12. Mary Eastham says:

Jeff – She looks totally awesome as a brunette. As a blonde… dime a dozen.

Mojo – Thanks! My left knee is in need of a transplant anyway, so this didn’t help matters any.

Jen – I’m being careful with the knee, and I promise to do some writing tonight. I really wanna see Lex’s name on a cover!

Justin – You’re so cute when you say that!

Marty – I knew you’d enjoy the scenery. Breaks up the day a little. Regardless of one’s sex or relationship status, a little hotness goes a long way to making the day much better.

Kapgar – Email me. I have at least 1 naked pic of her. She’s a British model.

Mary – You’re so right. There is something about seeing happy, content people that makes you feel good. Oh, and you know you’ll love seeing Lex’s name on a cover just as much as I will!

Winters last blog post..A Token

Jeff – She looks totally awesome as a brunette. As a blonde… dime a dozen.

Justin – You’re so cute when you say that!

Kapgar – Email me. I have at least 1 naked pic of her. She’s a British model.

Winters last blog post..A Token

15. Maryo says:

Always nice to see the right people together. NO matter they gay or straight, as long as they are happy.
    Why does that name fit u? That is just a perfect author name for you. Yeah one day I can say that i know that bitch’s real name.

16. Maryo says:

17. kapgar says:

Never heard of Keeley Hazell, but I’d like to learn more.

kapgars last blog post..Welcome to the new dark ages…

18. kapgar says:

Never heard of Keeley Hazell, but I’d like to learn more.

kapgars last blog post..Welcome to the new dark ages…

Thanks for the hotties. The are nice.

And a great story about the token gay. One of my best friends was gay (he passed away in Dec. 2003) and many trade shows, he was the token gay, so I know the scenario well.

Thanks for the hotties. The are nice.

21. Justin Scott says:

That Hillary Duff looks FINE!

22. Justin Scott says:

That Hillary Duff looks FINE!

23. You’re taking care of yourself, right?
    *mwah* I love the hotties. As a straight woman, I can still appreciate a nice rack, damnit!
    You’d better get to writing!

24. You’re taking care of yourself, right?
    You’d better get to writing!

25. Mojo says:

What? No Winter photo to titillate us with? I mean yeah, Liz Hurley is a hottie, but what’s she got that you don’t?

Sorry ’bout the knee luv. That’s a bitch in heels I know. Both of mine are whiny little bitches almost every day, so I’m feelin’ your pain. Literally.

Get better soon hot stuff. K?

Mojos last blog post..The Envelope Please!

26. Mojo says:

Get better soon hot stuff. K?

Mojos last blog post..The Envelope Please!

27. Jeff Sipper says:

Nice post! I gotta say, I do like me some dark haired Hillary Duff. Doesn’t even look like her!

28. Jeff Sipper says: