Trippin’

You know how I always get after Motley, even here in the PRB, about taking out the trash? Well, all the little things I ask her to do, that she doesn’t do, caused a little problem last night. A magazine (Elle Decor) was knocked to the floor. I asked Motley to pick it up. She didn’t. Later on, I attempted to step over it, stepped on the corner of it in my flip flops, had the glossy pages slide against each other beneath my foot, and because I was already trying to step over the damn thing in a narrow space and had my balance off kilter, I went down like a tranked hippo.

I hit my elbow and shoulder on the big Rubbermaid tub the fan sits on. I hit the fan with my hand. The foot on the magazine twisted as did the knee on that leg. My hip hit the corner of the bed. Both knees skidded on the carpet, and I whacked my head on a box as I landed on my face. Ow.

Today, I am black and blue. I am swollen in places that are not supposed to be swollen. I’m not in a very good mood, and I can’t wait for the cupcakes to get here. (Groceries arrive between 10 and noon, but I’ll be at the office.) I’m a very unhappy camper today because now my bad knee, which has had no deterioration in about 2 years, is gonna need an xray. I don’t like the way they poke and prod it for those. It fucking hurts when they poke and prod it. And I’m pretty sure my 2 years of holding steady on the condition of my cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and joint are over with. My pain management will probably be out the window too now.

So far, I’m managing on Tylenol, but the aches and bruises are bad enough that 3 of the arthritis strength have me barely hanging in there. I know they won’t give me any pain meds either, and I’m not sure I want them anyway. Once I start taking them, I depend on them to “mask” the pain, instead of learning to manage it. I got myself off the Darvocets before and down to occasional Tylenols. I prefer that things stay that way so I’m not totally unhappy that I have a doctor who doesn’t prescribe Vicodin or Darvons.

Anyway, I’m having trouble sitting for very long so I don’t know how today is going to go. A couple hours at the office and I may come home crying, although my chair is very comfy there. The problem is more the suit. Tailored suit pants in a wool blend, socks and shoes… all on the parts of my body that just want to soak in the hot tub. I’ve been doing okay sitting around in my undies. Putting clothes on and sitting for several hours is gonna hurt like a muthafucka.

If you don’t see me on Twitter or YIM for very long at a time, you know it’s cause I’m off crying in my coffee about my bruised and battered old body. Pray that the cupcakes work to ease my misery.

UPDATE: I tried putting on my suit pants and shoes and socks. It’s far too uncomfortable. I’m gonna call my boss and finish the stuff I was working on from home then head back to bed to elevate the knee. Later, a trip to the radiologist. Oh, joy.

Hope your Tuesday isn’t trippin’!

0 Responses to Trippin’

Susan – The last time I fell, it was out of the shower. Bad fall. I still have a keloid on my hip from it.

Justin – I have more cupcakes! And pudding too!

Winters last blog post..A Token

Justin – I have more cupcakes! And pudding too!

Winters last blog post..A Token

3. Justin Scott says:

In my line of work, we always say; cupcakes can cure anything.

If after a few the pain doesn’t go away… you just need more cupcakes πŸ™‚

4. Justin Scott says:

In my line of work, we always say; cupcakes can cure anything.

If after a few the pain doesn’t go away… you just need more cupcakes πŸ™‚

5. I know your pain. A simple fall like that can lay me up for two months.

Keep me posted on how you are. I’m sending you healing vibes.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Susan’s Inside Writing: How I Met My…

6. I know your pain. A simple fall like that can lay me up for two months.

Keep me posted on how you are. I’m sending you healing vibes.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Susan’s Inside Writing: How I Met My…

Shiny – Pudding and Reese’s. I’m being very bad cause I’m ouchy. LOL

Mary – I should just write me some Al and Lex sex. That always makes me feel better. Too bad they are not in a position for sex with her newly discovered Dad in the house. LOL And go YOU with the school!

Jen – Thanks a lot! It’s been elevated and iced and I’ve stayed off it most of the day so it’s doing better.

Blu – Yeah, the ice helped a lot!

Marty – Xrays inconclusive as to more damage. It’s a wait and see thing. If it starts showing more deterioration over the next few months then it’s obvious it was directly related to the fall. Hopefully, once I’m past the bruised and swollen stage it will go back to being like it was … manageable.

Nat – I doubt it’s going to require anything more than it already did… a transplant. *sigh* And sure, whine away about the gastro stuff. That’s what blogs are for! Whine and have your friends commiserate with you so you feel better. πŸ™‚

Winters last blog post..Trippin’

Shiny – Pudding and Reese’s. I’m being very bad cause I’m ouchy. LOL

Blu – Yeah, the ice helped a lot!

Winters last blog post..Trippin’

9. Nat says:

Ouch. Hope it’s all ok or at least healable without major intervention.

Can I whine about my gastro now?

Nats last blog post..Coffee

10. Nat says:

Ouch. Hope it’s all ok or at least healable without major intervention.

Can I whine about my gastro now?

Nats last blog post..Coffee

Ouch! So sorry to hear this. I wish you a speedy recovery, but judging from your description, it sounds like it may be worse. I hope not. Ice and hear as Blu-Amy suggests above.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #19 – The Monday Edition

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #19 – The Monday Edition

13. Blu-Amy says:

Ouch!! Get some rest and plenty of ice/ heat and stretches.

Blu-Amys last blog post..A Eulogy for a Turkey

14. Blu-Amy says:

Ouch!! Get some rest and plenty of ice/ heat and stretches.

Blu-Amys last blog post..A Eulogy for a Turkey

15. OMG! Take it easy, Winter!!!! I’m sending you good thoughts.

16. OMG! Take it easy, Winter!!!! I’m sending you good thoughts.

17. Maryo says:

This is just a bad week for you all ready. I am not jealous of you right now. Ok maybe a little with the cupcake thing.
    I am starting school this week if it makes you feel better. My brain already hurts from just looking at the Physical Science shit. Where in the hell am I going to use Newton’s law shit in real life, honestly!!
    Take it easy and look up some pics of Marcus. Just imagine him rubbing you in all the places that hurt. And also those that dont πŸ˜‰

18. Maryo says:

19. Shiny Bitch says:

Poor Wint πŸ™ It’s never fun getting hurt. Just take it easy and enjoy what you can on your day off…like those damned cupcakes you just teased me with. >:( *hmph*

20. Shiny Bitch says: