Did I Ever Tell You…?

Avitable’s high school yearbook post made me think about whether I’d forgotten to tell any of the tales of my misspent youth on here. Since I am old (well, compared to Mr. I Graduated in 1994, I’m old), my memory isn’t so great any more. I had to think long and hard about this.

My first thought was that I had to have told the tale of me lifting my shirt to a backyard full of men drinking beer at a party. Then I wondered if I told the tale of going to Mexicali with 5 hot guys. I pondered the tale of the broken champagne bottles on the tennis court of a private neighborhood in Pacific Grove. Then it occurred to me that while I might not have told any of those tales to you before, I sure as hell hadn’t told you my tale of going to an underground punk club with no name in San Francisco and seeing lesbian sex in the bathroom.

It was summer. It was the early 80’s. It was about as hot as San Francisco ever gets, which isn’t very hot. I had safety pins in my ears, torn black lace tights and high heels on with a matching lace tank top that showed off my red bra underneath. My skirt wasn’t short but the slit in it was long. My eyes were ringed in black. My short hair was spiky and blue. My fingernails were black. I actually looked very “club” compared to the hardcore punks in there.

The place had no name and was the size of a postage stamp. I doubt you could have fit more than 60 people in it. That night, it was almost packed. I danced until my feet hurt and the black rings around my eyes started to melt and drip black streaks down my cheeks. I was starting to look like a zombie and I had to pee. My date pointed to a dark corner of the club. I headed over there and sure enough there were two doors, indicating two bathrooms. Neither had a sign on it. I opened the door on the right and came face to face with urinals… and lesbian sex.

The girl who was the lickee looked up at me and said, “We came in HERE so you freaks that call yourselves girls wouldn’t get a free show. Ya mind?”

The girl on her knees doing all the licking made some kind of angry muffled retort.

The lickee glared at me and I left.

As I peed in the ladies room, I wondered… why was it okay for men to see them having sex, but not women? Personally, in my experience, it was the men who wanted a free show of lesbian sex, not the women. It was a really odd, surreal experience.

I told my friend about it when I came out of the bathroom. He just laughed and told me I should watch what happened on the dance floor on the nights the place was packed so tight you couldn’t get to the bathrooms. After that, I was almost glad I never went back there on a packed night.

I hope you freaks all have a happy Humpday!

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Did I Ever Tell You…?

Nicholas – I’m sure there were punk clubs like this all over the world. Whether you got lucky enough to walk in on the sex is a whole other thing though! LOL

Winters last blog post..Princess & the Pea

Winters last blog post..Princess & the Pea

3. Nicholas says:

I wish I had a memory like that to look back on!

Nicholass last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #63

4. Nicholas says:

I wish I had a memory like that to look back on!

Nicholass last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #63

Whall – I remember hearing about the Limelight. It was pretty famous. A visit to a wild club is something everyone should experience.

Winters last blog post..Princess & the Pea

Winters last blog post..Princess & the Pea

7. whall says:

I remember going to a club in New York in the early 90’s called The LimeLight (a church converted into a club) and it was one of those places with dancing girls in cages, $9 beers, and lots of people having sex out in the open in the back.

Quite formative for this mind back then.

whalls last blog post..I used to be a stud

8. whall says:

Quite formative for this mind back then.

whalls last blog post..I used to be a stud

Britt – The safety pins are nothing. Back then I just had one hole in each ear. You should see my left ear now!

Jen – It had to be something like that re the lesbians. They were very ultra punk girls. The Doc Martens before Docs were popular girls. The kind that made out on the street corner and defied you to look at them or say something.

Blu – I had some of those jeans a few years later when Bon Jovi made them popular.

Amy – OMG, yes! With my cell phone I woulda made a quick minute video and got millions of hits!

Shiny – I do have a few odd stories. I haven’t lead a completely black and white life. Altho… some days I wish I had. LOL

Marty – I loved the punk scene, but I didn’t have many friends who did. So my trips to those clubs were limited.

Winters last blog post..Did I Ever Tell You…?

Winters last blog post..Did I Ever Tell You…?

Punk was a culture all it’s own. I’ve walked in on lesbian sex, but not in a men’s room and not in a punk club. (it was a bathroom at a house party I attended years ago) And as a male, I stuck that memory into one of the available slots in my my brain that hadn’t yet been fried by booze, pot, acid or coke.

I like the flashback entry. I’ve thought about doing several myself. Just need to find the right story.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #18

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #18

13. Shiny Bitch says:

Walking in on something like that would be by far a real eye opener. It’s just something I’ve only seen in movies lol.
    You should do another flashback blog…although I’ve heard about this story before, it’s always fun to read about your past. 🙂

14. Shiny Bitch says:

15. AmyD says:

Makes you kind of wish YouTube had been invented then, doesn’t it?

AmyDs last blog post..Oh… OH the IRONY!!!

16. AmyD says:

Makes you kind of wish YouTube had been invented then, doesn’t it?

AmyDs last blog post..Oh… OH the IRONY!!!

17. Amy-Blu says:

I never did punk but I did have jeans with the 1 million rips in them closed with 10 million safety pins.

Thanks for the well wished and distraction, the kidlet is still miserable.

Amy-Blus last blog post..not a single, nope not a double but a triple

18. Amy-Blu says:

Thanks for the well wished and distraction, the kidlet is still miserable.

Amy-Blus last blog post..not a single, nope not a double but a triple

19. LOL! I remember that time. Hairspray, black makeup. Good times, good times.
    I always figured Lesbians felt judged by their own sex where as men would just enjoy the show.
    Okay, I really want to hear some of those other stories.

20. LOL! I remember that time. Hairspray, black makeup. Good times, good times.
    Okay, I really want to hear some of those other stories.

21. Miss Britt says:

Safety pins n your ears???

The freaks who call themselves girls???

I would have never survived punk. LOL

Miss Britts last blog post..When Can I Start Teaching My Daughter About Feminism?

22. Miss Britt says:

Safety pins n your ears???

The freaks who call themselves girls???

I would have never survived punk. LOL