Tropical Monday

Is it Fall yet? Where’s the fog? The clouds? The temps in the 60s? Can you tell what my problem is? Yup. It’s my utility bills. An A/C unit that doesn’t work very well and sits at floor level in my DINING ROOM, plus fans equals a utility bill of $225. Usually the bill’s about $50, or at the very least under $100. This is just insane. On top of that, my gas bill is double too. I think the rates have jacked up, but you know they do that shit and never tell you cept in some tiny ass print some place I’d never find. If I had known the bills would be double and triple the usual cost I would have made provision for that last month, but I didn’t, so now money is tighter than Batman’s shirt.

Anyway, to help combat my misery at the continued humid swelter in my house, here is a Marcus photo guaranteed to make us feel the tropical breezes. I’m not gonna go the dream route again. The last time I did, I ended up with a thought about sand in my ass, which is not the stuff of fantasies.

Yeah, he could so be the poster boy for swimming is fun. Being a sucky ass swimmer myself, I would go to the pool if I could look at that all day.

So last week I started sucking down all the B vitamins, and I worked really hard at tuning out the crap TV that Motley has playing loudly in my bedroom while I’m trying to write. I also ignored the lure of my feed reader. On Monday, I got some work done for the Bar. Tuesday, I got my horse races done early. I missed Adam and Britt’s show because I was in an IM conference with the Bar writers. I did manage to make Karl’s inaugural Talk Shoe show. I got a lot posted at the Bar last week, and the story has now made a significant move forward.

I feel really good about the writing. However, it took me all day today, between Twitter and Yahoo, to get my feedreader cleared out. But I did! And I posted lots of comments! There were a lot of tough subjects covered by the people I read, but I threw my 2 cents into the ring whether it was a popular thing to say or not.

I added people to my Twitter and Facebook this weekend too. I was really glad to see The User Pool on Twitter. Jason X is a really amusing guy and if you know anything about the corporate world, you want to read his blog. You will laugh and laugh! I also added the Redneck Romance Writer. Jen is one of my favorite writers. In fact, I’d bought one of her books long before I ever read her blog. It was a Christmas story… and I loved it. The fact that she likes what I write is hugely flattering to me.

Before I go, I want to give a shout out to one of my favorite hotties. Justin has a very nice photo blog that you should check out at Piczar Photo. I asked for DaveLouis photos and he posted them before going to bed last night. Now, I think I’ll go play a few rounds of solitaire with my Blogography cards. I’ve been wanting to try them out, but I never seem to have the time.

Have a great Monday!

Tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Tropical Monday

1. Justin Scott says:

I’m so happy you like my photography. I’ve decided I want to do some gregory crewdson photography… his scenes are incredible.

2. Justin Scott says:

Diesel – Probably. I still think he’s hot. On the other hand, I’m sure he doesn’t have a car with a clitoris. 😉

Winters last blog post..My Bitch Mary

Winters last blog post..My Bitch Mary

5. diesel says:

That dude’s pectorals need their own ZIP code.

diesels last blog post..Nobody Does it Better

6. diesel says:

That dude’s pectorals need their own ZIP code.

diesels last blog post..Nobody Does it Better

Blu – I love the thought of lasagna. I don’t love the thought of the oven being on.

Vix – Utilities are so expensive here in SoCal. It sucks. I’m glad I could cheer you up with a little Marcus. 🙂

Winters last blog post..Tropical Monday

Winters last blog post..Tropical Monday

9. Vixen says:

I hate my utility bills. And I am ready for fall and cooler temperatures!

I have to go get a towel now to wipe the drool from my keyboard…nice pics.

10. Vixen says:

I hate my utility bills. And I am ready for fall and cooler temperatures!

I have to go get a towel now to wipe the drool from my keyboard…nice pics.

11. Amy-Blu says:

I am in the process of planning out the marathon freezer restock and I can’t do it until it cools off. I refuse to make 4 pans of lasagna and 8 quarts of soup/stew in the 80’s.

Amy-Blus last blog post..lets do math

12. Amy-Blu says:

Amy-Blus last blog post..lets do math

Mary – Yay for school starting! The humidity here is awful. I’m going to work today though, so there will be A/C!

Winters last blog post..Tropical Monday

Winters last blog post..Tropical Monday

15. Maryo says:

It is cooling off here but the humidty is kickin my ass. IT sucks that I am sweating my ass off when I play ball at 830 at night.
    Today is the start of school though so *shaking my ass, doing the humpty dance*
    I am off to lock…I mean drop the kids off at school.

16. Maryo says:

Today is the start of school though so *shaking my ass, doing the humpty dance*
    I am off to lock…I mean drop the kids off at school.