Shake Me

So, yeah it was shakin’ in SoCal. 5.6 was the first magnitude given by the U.S. Geological Survey. Then they upgraded it to 5.8. Personally, after having been close to the epicenters of both Northridge, which was 6.7, and Loma Prieta, which was 7.1, I thought the 5.8 was excessive. I was shaking my head at my perspicacity come noon when CalTech downgraded the magnitude to 5.4.

I do agree with CalTech when they say this was a wake up call. This quake did not relieve any pressure on the faults. It just wasn’t big enough to have done that. But it did warn us all that we should have water in the house, canned goods, toilet paper, gas in the car, etc.

I have water and canned goods, but probably not enough. I probably don’t have enough gas in the car either. We do have enough stuff to get by for a few days though. What I don’t have any longer are batteries and candles and matches. I’ll have to get some this weekend. I remember what the last 2 big ones were like. No power for days. No water that you could use for anything except flushing the toilet… I’m going to try to be in better shape soon.

Not to change the subject, but last week a certain blogger was bitching about people who post hotties on their blog. Well, just to spite him, to show him that I don’t care what he says on his blog, I’m going to post some Humpday Hotties. These hotties had me mesmerized by their beauty and their love of life last week. I just wanted to hug em and squeeze em and love em all up!

Have a happy Humpday!

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Shake Me

1. AmyD says:

I’m up here in Bakersfield and we felt the rumble. I agree with you – we have SOME stuff, but not enough. Gotta get to Costco!

AmyDs last blog post..Pokin’ The Bear

2. AmyD says:

AmyDs last blog post..Pokin’ The Bear

3. othurme says:

Don’t forget to stock up on bacon. The make bacon in a can now.

othurmes last blog post..Don’t Turn 38

4. othurme says:

Don’t forget to stock up on bacon. The make bacon in a can now.

othurmes last blog post..Don’t Turn 38

5. Vixen says:

Exactly the wake up call I probably needed. Since moving twice (and once on short, shall we say, notice), after yesterday we realized we are not prepared at all. No water, virtually no canned food, no candles, not even batteries for the flashlights. No spare money yet to build an emergency kit, but it finally looks the bus company that hit me back in December is going to pay up, so then I will build an awesome kit. A kit so awesome, I am sure my kids we go through it in a week.

6. Vixen says:

7. MaryO says:

My inlaws live in Palmdale so they are ready for whatever my come. My father inlaw thinks the US is on the fat track to being overthrown and throwing us into a scene from that Kevn Costner movie “The Postman.”

8. MaryO says:

9. Amy-Blu says:

We don’t get quakes here in the NE but we get ice or Nor’easters.

I get the water and battery and candles then nothing happens. The kid used up the battery’s, I drink the water and I always forget a lighter for the candles.

Amy-Blus last blog post..Baby Watch

10. Amy-Blu says:

We don’t get quakes here in the NE but we get ice or Nor’easters.

Amy-Blus last blog post..Baby Watch

11. Hilly says:

How funny that you posted this! Not “haha” funny but yanno, “ironically” funny. I woke up this morning with tons of thoughts in my head about some stuff that went down yesterday and honest to GOD, one of them was that these two are some of the best men that I know.

And the cutest. 😉

12. Hilly says:

And the cutest. 😉

Motley – Warm fuzzies are good!

Vodkamom – They are just soo hot, individually and together! You can email me at winter at winterheart dot com.

Susan – The bitching was actually tongue in cheek but caused some ripples from those who didn’t know that. So I was poking fun. But they are a very hot pair!

Winters last blog post..Shake Me

Motley – Warm fuzzies are good!

Winters last blog post..Shake Me

15. Awesome hotties. I hope they feel the love, suck it up — and quit their bitching. Hotties make the world go ’round.

Or something like that.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Fiction Outtake: Trevor’s Bike (The Early Days)

16. Awesome hotties. I hope they feel the love, suck it up — and quit their bitching. Hotties make the world go ’round.

Or something like that.

17. vodkamom says:

Love the hotties! P.S. I need to interview you, but can’t find your email address. (yeah, i’m stupid…) Can you help me?

vodkamoms last blog post..I *@*@ my daughter!

18. vodkamom says:

vodkamoms last blog post..I *@*@ my daughter!

19. Motley says:

Gah! They are so cute together! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and stuff. =]

Motleys last blog post..Interview: Justin Emord