RottNRoll

One of Rott’s favorite bands of all time is Judas Priest. I know Priest, but not nearly as well as Rott does. He does a great impersonation of Rob Halford, knows all the songs, all the lyrics, every freaking note… I’m old and my memory doesn’t work as well as it used to. I shove a lot of stuff out to make room for more current stuff. I don’t listen to Priest so much anymore, so of course I barely remember how some of the songs go.

You’re wanting to know where I’m going with this, aren’t you? I have a point… oh, yes I do.

Well, my kid has always wanted a Nintendo, PS, Wii… some kind of gaming console. She has for YEARS. Have I given in and purchased one? Ever? NO FREAKING WAY. Her experience with things like Guitar Hero are at other people’s houses. While she was gone for two weeks at her friend’s house last month, she played Rock Band a lot. So she’s pretty good at it. Which was totally a saving grace when we went to Hilly’s only to be faced with Rock Band.

Motley was excited. I was dismayed. I suck at games. I’ve been playing the horse sim game for years, and I still suck at it. As you can guess, they got me to play Rock Band… a little. I was just lost with the game, but apparently I was the only one who knew any of Judas Priest’s You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’. I mangled it, mostly because I just don’t remember all of it. Oh, and Jester and UMB made me laugh a lot so I couldn’t sing. Laughing is forgivable. Just sucking… well, not so much. Heh.

Anyway, the Tuesday Tune is Judas Priest, cause yanno… YOU might have to sing it when you’re playing Rock Band and you wouldn’t wanna fuck up without the excuse of Jester making you laugh, now would you?

Judas Priest

Have a RottNRoll Priest loving Tuesday!

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to RottNRoll

1. Matt-Man says:

I am a HUGE fan of Judas Priest. Rock On Winter. Cheers!!

Matt-Mans last blog post..If Elected President, Work-Related Masturbatory Mishaps Will Be Covered!!

2. Matt-Man says:

I am a HUGE fan of Judas Priest. Rock On Winter. Cheers!!

Blu – I’m still not to the point where I will spend money on these things. I’d rather buy Rott a new guitar. πŸ˜€

Winters last blog post..RottNRoll

Winters last blog post..RottNRoll

5. Amy-Blu says:

Freaky.. I just did a whole post yesterday on the Rock Band, Guitar Hero and video games in general πŸ™‚

Bill likes Priest but he is more stoked about the Metallica and Iron Maiden stuff on the games.

Amy-Blus last blog post..what to do……

6. Amy-Blu says:

Amy-Blus last blog post..what to do……

Hilly – I woulda kicked ass on the Bon Jovi. πŸ˜‰ But Priest… Breaking the Law is my fave song altho it’s not a girl song for singing. I forget how You’ve Got Another Thing Coming goes.

Tempest – See above comment! πŸ˜‰ And I had to tell the story about how I got kicked out of my piano lessons for playing Kiss’ God of Thunder at recital. LOL

9. OH, I’m a big fan of Judas Priest. *wg* I used to sing “No Parents Guidance” and “Breaking the Law” to annoy my parents. And I had a rock band in high school, and we played “You’ve got Another Thing Coming” at the school’s talent show. The principal gave us a week detention. So cool! *lol*

10. OH, I’m a big fan of Judas Priest. *wg* I used to sing “No Parents Guidance” and “Breaking the Law” to annoy my parents. And I had a rock band in high school, and we played “You’ve got Another Thing Coming” at the school’s talent show. The principal gave us a week detention. So cool! *lol*

11. Hilly says:

You know what’s funny? We were talking at lunch yesterday about how GOOD you sounded! So there :p.

I could not have sang that song if my life depended on it, so yay you for rocking it!

Hillys last blog post..I’m A Sweet Piece Of Work…

12. Hilly says:

Hillys last blog post..I’m A Sweet Piece Of Work…

Susan – The whole world knew he was gay long before he said anything, so I think it puzzled everyone that he didn’t just own up to it.

15. btw, Priest rules and am I the only one who wondered why it took Rob so long to come out of the closet?

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Fiction Outtake: Trevor’s Bike (The Early Days)

16. btw, Priest rules and am I the only one who wondered why it took Rob so long to come out of the closet?

17. I have to confess i’m weakening on the game system thing — just because of Rock Band. My kids are HUGE Enter Sandman fans now. (Like they weren’t before? Yeah, but now it’s different, Mom!)

18. I have to confess i’m weakening on the game system thing — just because of Rock Band. My kids are HUGE Enter Sandman fans now. (Like they weren’t before? Yeah, but now it’s different, Mom!)

Kapgar – That does seem odd doesn’t it? Priest is a band with 2 guitarists. I mean, who doesn’t wanna be KK Downing? Or do him… LOL

Nat – Yeah, that song is an oldie but a goodie.

Mary – There are other Priest songs I know better than that one. I like Priest, I just don’t listen to them much anymore.

Marty – I would have to agree with that assessment. It doesn’t seem to be worth your money yet. πŸ˜‰

Winters last blog post..RottNRoll

Nat – Yeah, that song is an oldie but a goodie.

Winters last blog post..RottNRoll

Priest rocks… always has. I’m not the fan that Rott is, but I know their stuff and have listened to them for at least 20 years.

I know the words and some of the riffs, but that’s it.

We have a PS3 and Guitar Hero III, but no Rock Band yet. I’ve asked if we could get it, and am told that I need to play Guitar Hero more than twice a week before that will happen.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #15

I know the words and some of the riffs, but that’s it.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #15

23. MaryO says:

Yeah baby!! Priest rocks and i love it. I know the words but not as well as I used to. Awwww the years.
    By the way, Derek is happy that he entertained everyone with his painful expereience with the hulk hands.

24. MaryO says:

25. Nat says:

I must admit that we have a Wii because, well, I wanted one. (The Boy likes it too.)

Priest eh? Wow… been a dog’s age.

Nats last blog post..Ladies and gentlemen, the rhythm section

26. Nat says:

Priest eh? Wow… been a dog’s age.

Nats last blog post..Ladies and gentlemen, the rhythm section

27. kapgar says:

Wait, Priest is on Rock Band but not Guitar Hero??? DAMMIT!

kapgars last blog post..It’s got nothin’ to do with Mexican food…

28. kapgar says:

Wait, Priest is on Rock Band but not Guitar Hero??? DAMMIT!

kapgars last blog post..It’s got nothin’ to do with Mexican food…