Impressionist

You know it’s gonna be a good day when you haven’t had a call from your honey in a month, and then you get two right before/as you’re leaving for Dave Diego. I was all choked up just hearing his voice. It was the icing on the cake, even before I got the cake!

Anyway, I can’t do a recap. I’m not sure I know how. Karl is a master of them, so I think I’ll leave it to him to do that. What I can give you are the impressions I have from the day. This is the cream that rises to the top when I think of Saturday…

For someone with bad knees and uncontrolled asthma, who doesn’t walk much because of both, I walked more than I have in about a year. I’m hoarse this morning from all the cig smoke everywhere. I had a few moments at the art show where I thought I was gonna have an asthma attack from all the smoke. I was drenched in sweat from all the walking (which played holy hell with my hair). My knees are only a little sore this morning. But my twatting hand hurts like hell! WTF?

For someone who doesn’t drink, I had two. Had a nice Cuervo margy at the pre-event party. Then, after dinner, the ever so wonderful Vahid bought me a Jack and Coke. Whew. The J&C tasted awesome. I miss drinking those, but doubt I will go back to being a big drinker.

Jester and Dave are the same height. Motley and Uncle Monkey Boy are the same height. Karl and Othurme look like they are the same height. No one was the same height as me. Everyone was taller or shorter. I guess 5’5″ isn’t so bad after all. It made me rather unique in this group.

I was unique in other ways too. Hilly, Karl, and Motley all wore green. I wore pink. Jester and UMB didn’t wear green. Jester said it was because he hadn’t gotten the memo.

I might as well have not spent 30 minutes ironing my hair. Between the dampness from sweat, the humidity, and the wind, my hair ended up a big fluffy, frizzy, wavy poof by the time dinner arrived… it looked just like it did when it air dried after my shower that morning. Go figure.

When we changed venues because Nicky Rotten’s had a $10 cover charge, we walked across the street to Whisky Girl’s. Karl mesmerized the hostess with his oozing charm, and she let us have this huge corner booth. This turned out to be an amazing success. Whiskey Girl’s not only had mac n cheese as a side item, they had TATER TOTS! YUM! Dave, of course, had tater tots with his veggie burger, which they were NOT out of.

I am clearly an ass for not reading Vahid. The man is one of the nicest, sweetest, funniest people you will ever meet. His blog goes in my feed reader today.

Uncle Monkey Boy has an awesome manicure with black polish. He totally outdid my purple nails.

Dave can charm more than bloggers. The waitress was dazzled by his… pirate button. Dave being the giving soul that he is, the waitress walked away with a tray full of buttons for herself and the wait staff (who were all females in short skirts.) I got ten buttons, among them were the penis salad button, Lil Dave Nirvana, Bad Monkey Devil, Lil Dave Zombie, Try Evil, an Amethyst, and the Dave Seal of Approval!

Contrary to other blogger reports, Hilly’s driving is fine. As soon as she put on mellow music on the drive home, I dozed off! I am clearly old, and excitement is too much for me. Oh, and DaCar is comfy.

The drive to Dave Diego was interesting in a riCOCKulas way that had nothing to do with DaCar.

Jester has the most beautiful smile.

Uncle Monkey Boy is beyond beautiful.

Gooster never did tell us what his name means.

Othurme has these super hero eyes that see all and know all and make you wonder just what sly thing he is thinking and/or plotting behind his uber intelligent face.

Get a few Guinnesses in Karl and you can get him to sing!

PseudoSJ is a tiny thing! It’s not often that I am taller than people.

All the twats I was getting on my phone were from Dave Diego attendees. We must have been dominating the Twitter world.

Vahid is flirty and fun and up for anything, AND he’s a total gentleman who will give a 19 year old the shirt off his back when the A/C gets too cold. Most men would have just let Motley get hard nipples.

And really… EVERYONE loves Hilly’s boobs… especially the gays.

I shared an “our little secret” moment with Vahid. Then I had one with Jester at the art show. The kindness of the people in this group is incredibly touching. My heart is filled with love this morning.

Dave is an amazing person. He shows up, hands out lanyards with name tags, starts putting together buttons, hands out packs of Blogography playing cards, talks to everyone… He’s so happy that people came out to meet him. He poses for pics and tells stories (the karaoke in Sweden one was funny) and plays host without playing host. The man knows how to throw a party.

My overall impression of Dave Diego? HUGE SUCCESS… because the people are all so much more than larger than life. They are all so very real, and very, very nice. In a world where there is a glut of people who are extreme, these people are so nice they are comfortable to be around. And that is saying a lot in my world.

A very special thank you, big hugs, and a huge MUAH to Hilly, without whom, Motley and I would have been stuck at home reading the twats instead of sending them.

Motley and I made a slideshow from my Flickr Dave Diego Set.

Created with Admarket’s flickrSLiDR.

Happy Dave Diego Sunday Aftermath to you all!

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Impressionist

1. othurme says:

Generally what I’m plotting is my next meal…just so you know it’s not usually all about you.

It was great to meet you and Motley and to get a couple chances this past weekend to hang out. This is a great recap.

othurmes last blog post..Kick Down Some Buckets

2. othurme says:

othurmes last blog post..Kick Down Some Buckets

Vahid – Oooh! Me likey the lighter! Very Journey! And the smoke sucked ass. I kept choking. Whiskey Girl was great as a dinner/drinks place and sucked as a club.

Jester – You should just bask in satisfied smugness that UMB is all yours!

Winters last blog post..Shake Me

Jester – You should just bask in satisfied smugness that UMB is all yours!

Winters last blog post..Shake Me

5. Pingback: Jestertunes » Blog Archive » Dave Diego 2008

6. Pingback: Jestertunes » Blog Archive » Dave Diego 2008

7. jester says:

It was great getting the chance to meet you and hang out for a few hours. There is just something about meeting people who you feel like you already know and being completely comfortable around them.

You captured that with this post.

I’m totally ignoring the fact that everyone seems to be in love with my boyfriend.

jesters last blog post..A Real Clusterfook

8. jester says:

You captured that with this post.

jesters last blog post..A Real Clusterfook

9. Pingback: Iron Fist » Blog Archive » the weekend recap, abridged

10. Pingback: Iron Fist » Blog Archive » the weekend recap, abridged

11. Iron Fist says:

I am totally holding up a lighter right now and swaying back and worth because I made it into your feedreader. And I only wish I had a warmer shirt for Motley.

(On that note, wtf was up with blowing cold air AND smoke from the machine right onto our table? We’re not the dance floor! INTERIOR DESIGN FAIL!)

Iron Fists last blog post..out of office message

12. Iron Fist says:

Iron Fists last blog post..out of office message

SJ – Everyone shorter than me is tiny! And recaps are difficult to do. All I did was post my most strongest impressions.

Justin – It was a great time! And don’t tell Jester, but I have a crush on UMB too! 😉

Winters last blog post..Late Date

Winters last blog post..Late Date

15. Justin Scott says:

I am so freaking jealous! You guys look to have had a time and a half. I hope I can go to the next big event! I totally have an internet crush on unclemonkeyboy (don’t tell jester teehee)

16. Justin Scott says:

17. SJ says:

I WISH I was tiny!!! I’m almost as wide as I am tall. Hmn, does that make me a square?

It was great to meet you and Motley! And your hair did NOT look “pouffy.” It looked natural and lovely.

I like your recap the best of all. Mine was very surface.

SJs last blog post..Dave does Diego!

18. SJ says:

I like your recap the best of all. Mine was very surface.

SJs last blog post..Dave does Diego!

Charlene – Thanks so much! You’ll have to go to a Dave event the next time one isn’t far from you. They are much fun!

21. i’m glad you had a great time~~you deserved it~~~~

Charlene in Arkansass last blog post..i love my other brother from another mother

22. i’m glad you had a great time~~you deserved it~~~~

Marty – I believe the tiara will be making it’s way back to Dave in October. My phone (a Samsung Stripe) does take good photos sometimes. Some of the other photos in my Flickr are from Motley’s Nikon Coolpix. She felt disloyal buying a Nikon digital when her dad is a pro who uses Canon digi. However, the Canon was beyond her means. She was very careful to do her homework though, something he taught her. And he does use Nikon with film.

Mary – Motley’s boobs are becoming quite famous in the blogosphere. I was amazed at how beautiful she is in some of the pics people took. The pic of her and I on Dave’s blog… I look like shit but she looks amazingly gorgeous so I don’t care that I look like Jabba the Hut.

25. MaryO says:

Looks like you had a blast. Mac was making noise everytime Mot’s pic came up. Actually it was anytime he saw a woman with boobs. I am going to have to work on him with that. Love the buttons!!

26. MaryO says:

You mean the tiara is still eluding Dave?

You took some good pics from your phone. It made those of us that couldn’t be there wish we could be there.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #15

You mean the tiara is still eluding Dave?

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #15

29. vodkamom says:

Shit, now you’re making me do the hard math….let’s see (as a kindergarten teacher, I only have to REALLY be able to count to 20.) Let’s just get it out there and say that in people years I am 48. In my HEART I’m a young 30. I’ll back to you with q’s.

vodkamoms last blog post..The talking rules…

30. vodkamom says:

vodkamoms last blog post..The talking rules…

Vodkamom – I dunno about much older sister. The youngest of my 3 sisters is 13 yrs older than me, which makes her… 60. I think I’m closer in age to you. 😉

Winters last blog post..Impressionist

Winters last blog post..Impressionist

33. vodkamom says:

Well, YOU’RE my tagged interview, per Citizen of the Month. First, I’m so glad to see that you don’t mind a drink or two, and an occasional bad word. That makes us pretty much bff’s. Except for the fact that I might be WAY old enough to be your..uh…..MUCH older sister. Anyway, I’ll shoot you off some Q’s in the morning. I need a martini.

vodkamoms last blog post..The talking rules…

34. vodkamom says:

vodkamoms last blog post..The talking rules…

Dave – Motley and I were so excited to meet you and of course, nothing about the night disappointed… especially you! We’re looking forward to the next time we see you. Since your little present didn’t make it into your hands, and Hilly will prolly see you again before I do, I’ll make sure she has it to give you.

Winters last blog post..Impressionist

Winters last blog post..Impressionist

37. Dave2 says:

THANKS FOR COMING WINTER!!!

Glad you had a good time, and I was so very happy to meet you at last! 🙂

Dave2s last blog post..Dave Diego

38. Dave2 says:

THANKS FOR COMING WINTER!!!

Glad you had a good time, and I was so very happy to meet you at last! 🙂

Dave2s last blog post..Dave Diego

Hilly – I am all about the surface when it comes to ogling men. However, with friends, it’s all about the deep and the backstory and seamy sweaty underbelly. *wiggles eyebrows* I had fun and no one mentioned my poofy hair. *sighs contentedly*

BPR – I can’t wait to get my Zombie shirt either! Dave had his on at the event.

Susan – It really was a great event. Venue disaster with Nicky Rotten’s turned into a silver lining!

Winters last blog post..Impressionist

BPR – I can’t wait to get my Zombie shirt either! Dave had his on at the event.

Winters last blog post..Impressionist

41. Sounds like a hell of an event. I’m envious!

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..100 Words Prompt: Pillars

42. Sounds like a hell of an event. I’m envious!

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..100 Words Prompt: Pillars

43. bluepaintred says:

Sounds like an awesome time! I cant wait to get my cards and ZOMBIE t-shirt in the mail!

44. bluepaintred says:

45. Hilly says:

For someone who says she is not great at recaps, this was an excellent one. I love how you’ve told the story underneath the story…yanno, not just the surface stuff.

You are more than welcome for the ride in DaCar. It was a pleasure taking you two down there and I am just glad that you could go! I think that in these situations, we all should get to hang out with other bloggers at least once (if not more) because there is always such a sense of belonging afterward that is completely indescribable.

I mentioned Vahid in my post today too. That shirt thing still has me a little melty. 😉 And yeah, Dave is the bestest.

It was such a good time :).

Hillys last blog post..Snackie Sunday: Booze Whores Unite!

46. Hilly says:

It was such a good time :).

Hillys last blog post..Snackie Sunday: Booze Whores Unite!