Vacation Not

I have a month’s worth of vacation stored up. I’m using 2 days this week though. However, after 9 years at my company, I still feel the need for that stockpile of vacation hours. I don’t think I’m gonna get fired, even on my most frustrated days. Yet, I still need the security blanket those hours provide. So, no vacation for me.

This weekend will feel like a vacation for me. Four whole days that I don’t have to go to the office. Four whole days where I can maybe spend a little money. Four days where I will get to spend some time with people I enjoy. Maybe that’s the big draw to these 2 days that I took off. I can relax and look forward to meeting people who make me laugh, make me cry, and make me feel alive. If not for these people, I would spend those 4 days in my house, at my computer, writing. Not going out. Not seeing people. Not laughing or having fun.

I’m getting old. I need more fun. I need to feel that my life wasn’t spent worrying and stressing and being miserable. These four days will be a ray of sunshine in the bleakness I usually inhabit. I’m soooo looking forward to it. So maybe it’s not a vacation. Somehow, in my heart, it still feels like one.

If you get a chance, stop by my bitch Mary’s blog to say Happy Birthday. She has some facts on there related to the day she was born. I like the Led Zeppelin fact. Only Mary would be born on a day John Bonham was arrested for getting in a fight. HEH. Hope you have a great day, Mare!

Oh, and just because UMB said he liked me for being a dirty girl… Happy Dirty Girl love to you all! MUAH!

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Vacation Not

Time off is always a good thing. I tend to use my vacation days and Personal days for going out of town. We have an unwritten rule about comp time here, which we can work out to take in half days. I will take extra long lunches some days to get things done, too. Not that it doesn’t mean I still work 40+ hrs a week… just means I find ways to use it to my advantage.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #15

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #15

3. You know, I’m like you, saving my vacation days. But in the end I ended up with a sever muscle spasm, and I was on sick leave for 2 months. That’s when I realized that it’s good to step away from work and have some fun. Life is short. Gotta enjoy it now.

4. You know, I’m like you, saving my vacation days. But in the end I ended up with a sever muscle spasm, and I was on sick leave for 2 months. That’s when I realized that it’s good to step away from work and have some fun. Life is short. Gotta enjoy it now.

Jen – I was thinking of going to DSW today… Sam & Libby sandals are calling me…

Hilly – I think we all need this coming weekend. 😀

Jen – I was thinking of going to DSW today… Sam & Libby sandals are calling me…

Hilly – I think we all need this coming weekend. 😀

7. Hilly says:

Yay for fun! That is just what the doctor ordered :).

8. Hilly says:

Yay for fun! That is just what the doctor ordered :).

9. Oh AWESOME!!!! Have a wonderful four days!!!
    New shoes darlin’ New shoes.

10. Oh AWESOME!!!! Have a wonderful four days!!!
    New shoes darlin’ New shoes.