Storieos

I have too many cookies on my plate. In my world, that translates to too many storylines. Hence the title of this post. Storylines… Cookies… Oreos… you get my drift. I love having things to write. If I don’t have anything to write I would go stir crazy because basically, I am a hermit. I don’t go anywhere. My blog should be Socially Dead, not Motley’s.

Last night, I had a phone call that was a little depressing. Rott called his mom and she called me. She had relayed my message to him that I loved him, and I missed him. He didn’t give her a reply message. So, me being me, all night I tossed and turned, worrying about my future, if I was really going to be single again. Single and 48 (which I will be on Halloween this year) isn’t something I ever thought I would face. I figured I’d kick the bucket sometime and leave him the insurance money. I never thought that when his “vacation” is done, that he wouldn’t come home to me. Now, I’m faced with that possibility and I can’t believe how painful it is. I’ve lost lots of people, so I know how it’s done. Maybe in a few days I won’t worry so much about this, but for the moment, the possibility is very fresh and ouchy. Which brings me back to the Storieos.

When I hurt, I write. I lose myself in my “people”. The problem is, I have too many Storieos at the moment. I thought maybe I’d give you all a look at them so you can see what I’m juggling here.

Zanctuary Writing Contest: I came in 2nd last year. I have a rather strange idea for this year’s piece, which I can’t post even an excerpt of on the net or it’s grounds for disqualification. Think Defending Your Life meets The Wizard of Oz meets “your life flashing before your eyes” meets deities like oh, Mother Nature and Hermes. (They aren’t the ones in the story. I’m just saying they’re something like that.) I’ve got an outline and a couple pages written. It’s due July 31.

Pink Chair Diaries: I posted The Were and the Chair on the site, but the commenters were wanting a sequel with Drake, the man who sent Weylyn the chair with the dildo attached. I rather liked that idea so I came up with the idea of backtracking from Weylyn to Drake.

In Drake’s story, it explains how he came to know about the pink chair that he eventually sends to Weylyn. As I was writing Drake, his neighbor Nick began to burn a whole in my brain. So this is going to be a trilogy. Nick is the one who first gets one of the pink chairs. Drake finds out about the chair from Nick and sends one to Weylyn. I need to finish Drake and then start Nick. Each piece will be about 6,000 words. There’s no deadline for it. I just would like to have Drake done by the end of July and Nick by the end of August.

Derby Fever 2008 Equinics Diary: Every Olympic year, including Winter years, they have what is called the Equinics, which is a series of horse races for our sim horses. They have a virtual torch lighting ceremony, and every residency (groups of trainers) participates in the flame trail across the world. The torch goes from residency to residency, each res carrying the torch part way around the world before handing off to the next res. Every res has someone write a diary of their travels. I belong to 2 residencies, CR Racers and Great Plains. GP is the res that I run with a fellow trainer named Fabman. (Don’t go there. His name may be Brad, but he lives in Michigan.)

I’ve written GP’s diary since the beginning of the res, I think. We’re the only res in the sim where you can say the word FUCK. So our diary is always irreverent and filled with odd, quirky, amusing things. It helps when your residents are pretty much the strangest ones in the sim. I can’t remember when this is due, but it should be in the next week or two. I’ve hosted the last 2 or 3 diaries so I’m doing that again this year, but this year… I made them a BLOG. If you wanna see it, it’s at 2008 Equinics Diaries.

The Bar Story: I have so many storylines going here that it’s not funny. Some are on their way out – on the road to a hiatus for the characters. Others are just starting up. Here’s the worst of the mess:

Hot stories coming up:

• Lex: She and Alaric are about to get swept up into some serious shit because they are Kohls. Nevermind that my girl with fangs is preggers now, she’s still my hottest character.
  • Tarren: She and her mate Helios are off on Paps’ yacht Janie after the wedding. No hiatus for these two in sight. In fact, pirates are on the horizon, and some surprises too!
  • Nyx: The McClaren’s story is about to hit the volcanic zone. Macaire is about to make his move and both Nyx and her mate Valerian are in a lot of danger. Hiatus only after Macaire is dealt with.
  • The love triangle of Dante, Griffin and Roman.
  • Griffin’s issues with the Kohl family.
  • Bram & Jensen’s budding relationship.
  • St. James and a medical issue for vampires.
  • The Search for Oz which encompasses Demetri, Dylan, Maxus, Garren, Mordred and Oz himself.
  • Rune and Gracie’s budding romance.
  • Dominic and Ainsley’s romance.
  • Drake’s search for Garren which eventually includes Nick Diamond.

Continuing stories that aren’t quite as hot:

• Weylyn: He’ll be around for periodic random sex scenes until the real story of Drey, Ran, and Weylyn’s clan gets off the ground.
  • Bianca & Spyder’s troubled relationship.
  • Sixx and Sammy and the question of her amnesia.
  • Althea and her forbidden love for Lorenzo.
  • Rick, Seth, and Rick’s family who are about to arrive in Paris.
  • The Mother of all Vampire’s family: Damaris, her sister the Atersilex Queen of the Vamps, and Mr. Fabulous the mysterious.

About to go on Hiatus:

• Rhiannon: After her mate’s brother’s wedding, she and Tobias are off to Paps’ villa in the south of France, which signals a hiatus for these characters.
  • Carlisle: My mega rock star is going into rehearsals for her tour. She and her mate Stein won’t be around as much, and soon, they’ll be off on tour, which means a hiatus is in the works.

There are a host of other characters I haven’t been writing because to tell their story either requires other elements to be completed or other writers’ assistance. The other writers don’t have a lot of time right now and neither do I.

The last Storieo on my plate is this blog. I love it so I don’t wanna stop writing here. I do have lazy days though and even though I promised new criteria for the Marcus and Alaric awards by July 1, I may have to push it back and do some kind of late summer/early fall contest instead. Not sure yet. We’ll see how things shake out.

It’s totally time for me to have some milk with my storieos and get back to the Bar wedding. Things are really hopping there! Lots of excitement that has nothing to do with the actual wedding. Don’t you just love a soap opera? Okay, a MADE UP soap opera! *wink*

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Storieos

1. Laura says:

Ya know, you given me something I can do over the holiday break. Maybe I should write up Vienna’s Character and story a bit more. Never good on characterisation though, so any tips you can throw my way would be most welcome. I’ve never been one for blogs, but… I am wondering whether I should rethink that idea. Pretty peachy sweet so far. Ta-ra.

2. Laura says:

Jen – I totally forgot one project when I wrote this too. “A Heart to Match” which is my blogger love story. I keep going back to it and tossing in a few paragraphs. I’m not getting inside the model’s head well though, so I think I need to stop and rethink him.

Mary – No you’re not holding me up. And yes, I do believe there is some kind of surprise in the Tarren-Helios story that involves your characters. Oh, and BTW, last night I listened to a blogger radio show and there was a woman on there from Arkansas! Ninjapoodles. You’d like her sense of humor. Her DH is making a Whiz Bang Chicken Plucker and made his own potato gun. I can just see you having a good time with a potato gun.

Shiny – You’re not holding me up either. Mostly, I was thinking about how poor Weylyn has been left in the middle of sex with Crius and Khatira. But it’s not that big a deal. It actually makes me laugh because if Weylyn’s story is gonna get hung up… that’s exactly where he would like to be left… fucking two hot characters at the same time!

Susan – NO FUCKING SHIT!

Winters last blog post..Storieos

Susan – NO FUCKING SHIT!

Winters last blog post..Storieos

5. Made up soap operas are the best. They aren’t as emotionally draining.

6. Made up soap operas are the best. They aren’t as emotionally draining.

7. Shiny Bitch (I've upgraded the name) says:

I’m still amazed how you’re able to juggle all of these stories. Not too many people can say they can do the same.
    I’m sorry to hear about Rott, maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding between him and his mom. Either way, bring it up next time you talk with him…it should give you peace of mind.
    Ack. That’s all I can say about my lagging. I know I haven’t been writing nearly as much as what I used to. There’s so many things going on that it’s been throwing me in one hell of a ‘funk’. I just want things to be normal again…then again, what the fuck IS normal? LMAO…big hugs Wint! (((hugs)))

8. Shiny Bitch (I've upgraded the name) says:

9. maryo says:

I remember me having a part in the pirate wedding. After that am I one of those writers?? If so forgive me and send a gentle reminder about my fuc up.

I have said it before and will again… You the woman!! Anything else you are trying to add to your list??

10. maryo says:

11. Oh. My. God. Woman, you’re incredible. How do you keep it all straight? I get messed up with THREE burning a hole in my brain.
    *bows to the Winter Queen*

12. Oh. My. God. Woman, you’re incredible. How do you keep it all straight? I get messed up with THREE burning a hole in my brain.
    *bows to the Winter Queen*