The Vampire Show

At dinner tonight, Motley and I were talking about the blogger radio shows. I told her that I’d been joking in Fab’s chatroom about doing a Vampire Show. She actually thought it was a good idea. She said she’d be on it. Well, she also said she’d be on Fab’s show. Should I tell him? LOL

Personally, I don’t think I could do a weekly show. I mean, wouldn’t I run out of things to talk about? I could go the route of guest hosts and guests who write vampire fiction… but I’m still skeptical. Eventually, there’s nothing left to discuss once we’ve gone through all the cemetery stuff and all the vampire stuff. Wouldn’t me talking about writing and characters be totally boring? I think I’m boring. I figure I must be, cause it’s not like people are knocking down my door to talk to me.

So, I dunno. People seem interested in the cemetery and vampire stuff. Jason X over at the User Pool has used my vampire info as a yardstick against which he’s measured his lover Blair, whom he feels is a bloodsucking vampire. Personally, I think she’s more of the soulsucking type, which makes her a demon from Atersilex at the Bar. I guess I’m sorta on shaky ground cause a lot of people aren’t into vamps. Look at my comments. You’ll see a few of those folks.

The other thing is that there are a lot of radio shows already. Aren’t there just too many for people to keep up with now? Who would listen to me babble when they don’t have time for all the more established blogger shows? Motley suggested I have a basic poll and ask readers to vote. You don’t have to comment, but a vote is appreciated. Should I do a show or not? Cast your vote in the sidebar on the right. If the survey says… YES, then I’ll be back with a poll that is more specific about things like when and where and how long and how often. (Not often. As in, not weekly. No. Effing. Way.)

I suppose I should thank Dragon (did I link to the right person?) for being so enthusiastic about this idea at Fab’s chatroom last week. If no one votes or the votes are negative, I’m blaming this post and poll all on her. Heh heh.

One last thing before I go… Motley still hasn’t downloaded the pic of me at the picnic. Here’s a pic taken by one of the embalmers, Christina. In front of me is my beloved giraffe purse. This was pretty much my set company smile. The LOL caption on this pic at the office is: I may be smiling now, but touch the giraffe and you die!

OH! I almost forgot my big Pimpin Friday! It’s Freaky Frakkin’ Friday at Secondhand Tryptophan. Stop by and YOU could win a prize!

Tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to The Vampire Show

1. Turnbaby says:

Thank you so much for calling in last Sunday.

You need to check out Cultvault –I’ll dig around and get you hooked up with a link. There are quite a few like minded souls there and they have several collaborative shows which might be a perfect spot to do a vampire show every now and then.

Turnbabys last blog post..Carolina In My Mind

2. Turnbaby says:

Thank you so much for calling in last Sunday.

Turnbabys last blog post..Carolina In My Mind

Marty – We’ll have to do one at midnight and you can be my ghoulish guest! We can talk tech. That’s scary to a lot of people. Heh. šŸ˜‰

Winters last blog post..The Vampire Show

Winters last blog post..The Vampire Show

The weekly shows are nice, but no matter how much I try to carve out some time for one of them, it doesn’t happen. So I end up downloading it later on in the week and listen in… very much like a podcast, which I have several I listen to all the time, in between doing things and before I go to bed at night.

I’m all about the monthly (or quarterly, too) show. Plus, if I listen at night, that makes a vampire show all that more fitting.

martymankinss last blog post..Iā€™m A Liberal

martymankinss last blog post..Iā€™m A Liberal

Diesel – Don’t leave the family! Your wife is gorgeous and those kids are the most beautiful kids in the universe! If I do a show you can come on as a guest that way the commitment is only for an hour. šŸ˜‰

9. diesel says:

I’ve thought about doing a show, but I’ve got way too much other crap going on. I need to, like, quit my job or leave my family or something.

diesels last blog post..Two Questions and an Announcement

10. diesel says:

diesels last blog post..Two Questions and an Announcement

Oh, Mary. Hillbilly moment. *snort* I’m so glad I’m not drinking anything right now!

Winters last blog post..The Vampire Show

Winters last blog post..The Vampire Show

Dave – I know I barely have time for the shows, so I know people like you who travel a lot, just don’t! Motley was saying monthly too. Big chicken that I am, I was thinking quarterly… HEH.

Fab – Your show, mister! Your show! Sheesh. šŸ˜‰

Susan – Monthly could work. I know this is something that eventually people would tire of or or that would run out fodder. And it’s not something I see myself doing long term either because I’m like everyone else, stretched too thin now. I guess I figured if there was a big enough interest I could do a few.

Winters last blog post..The Vampire Show

Fab – Your show, mister! Your show! Sheesh. šŸ˜‰

Winters last blog post..The Vampire Show

15. MaryO says:

Agree with everyone on the monthly show. If i had folks reading my blog i would promote. Instead i will listen and even give myself up for a vamp flogging from ya. Could make it your hillbilly moment.

16. MaryO says:

17. I’m not going to vote because I don’t listen to shows, even if you’re the brains behind it, love. (being honest here) I just don’t have the time or attention span.

That said, I think that a monthly show that’s well-hyped and planned would rock. I’d help hype it, of course.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..BTT: Trends

18. I’m not going to vote because I don’t listen to shows, even if you’re the brains behind it, love. (being honest here) I just don’t have the time or attention span.

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..BTT: Trends

19. Mr. Fabulous says:

Wait…she’ll be on me, or on the show? šŸ™‚

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Fabbys Lessons of Love: #3

20. Mr. Fabulous says:

Wait…she’ll be on me, or on the show? šŸ™‚

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Fabbys Lessons of Love: #3

21. Dave2 says:

You’re right. I barely have time to listen to the radio shows out there now… it would be very difficult to squeeze another one into my already packed schedule. Especially one dealing with vampires, which I have only a passing interest in. But… if your show was a monthly or something… I would probably check it out. And don’t forget, radio shows are archived for downloading, so even if you don’t have a lot of “live” listeners, you could build an audience who downloads your show for when they have time to listen.

Dave2s last blog post..Polite