This is a special Thursday 13. It is my 100th blog post. Well, if you don’t count the guest posts I did for Kyra Sutra and Bluepaintred or the ones I took down and moved to a different blog because of the “Karled” incident. Today, my TT is about the 100 posts on this blog.
1. My most popular post was a TT. It was on March 12 and it was “Thirteen Things I know Because I work at a Cemetery.”
2. The first post I did was about how I came to be a blogger. It was all about how I started visiting Andrei Andrei’s blog. (Yes, Fab. He’s Romanian. A Hot Romanian Model.) Going there and commenting gave me an idea for a story, but since I knew nothing about blogging, I figured I’d better learn so as to get into my character’s head.
3. I told Blogs We Luv that my February 22 post ‘Confessions of a Secret Fluff’ was the post that was a good indicator of who I am and what my blog is about. It’s amusing in a tongue in cheek, make fun of myself way.
4. January 28 was the first Marcus Monday. The whole idea was Shinygal’s because basically Mondays suck and she wanted a reason for it to be more positive. Half naked pics of Marcus Schenkenberg did it for me and thus, Marcus Monday was born.
5. The first contest I ever had was on February 25, and there is still no winner! The post was entitled “Save My Brain… Win A Prize!” It’s all about my search for the guy in the Air France “Pool” commercial.
6. One of my most popular non-TT posts was “How I Almost Got Karled”. This is a subject that every blogger is passionate about… the place you work taking issue with your blog and, if you are Karl or Fab, firing you for it. Hence the term “Karled”. The irony to this is that 2 days ago, on Monday, I was asked to create a blog for the company I work for. Heh. It turned out nice too.
7. I had a trio of self pity (sorta) posts called, “Yes! I Am a Lagger!”, “Yes! I Suck Too!”, and “Yes! I’m a Dork this Marcus Monday!”. Then I capped them off a few days later with “Yes! I Am Crazy! Guest Bloggers”.
8. My first post on sunlightsucks.com and WordPress was in honor of the National Day of Silence.
9. The two craziest post titles I’ve had are “Loves Fab’s Fisting and Matt-Man’s Meat” which was about the six word memoir, and “Fake Horses and Pornfest” which is about the horse racing sim I play and a little thing Rott sometimes does in our house called Pornfest. If you want to know what it is, read the post! LOL
10. I posted a photo of my breakfast in a Sunday Silence post called “Bacon!”. I like the name Sunday Silence because not only is it the name of a racehorse I loved, it means you can just sit back and enjoy the pics.
12. The post “Weiners!” was about how the Absurdist and Jester won my tagline contest without even meaning to. BTW, Jester, I’ll be ordering cards from the Artificial Duck store Friday or Saturday. One deck is for you! The Absurdist received a “Life or Something Like (B)it” shirt, before I decided to just stick with the URL name.
13. Even though there are pics on this blog of three men I’ve slept with, none of the posts that mention them are my favorite. My favorite post is the 4th one, “The HEA”. This post is about Lex Valentine, my character who, in many ways, is my alter ego. It’s about writing and how Lex evolved. I love the Photoshop pic too.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
All you bloggy folks have a fantastic Thursday!