TT the 14th + HNT

I’ve been pondering things lately. In my life, blogs, forums, websites, boards, work… just everywhere. Part of my pondering had to do with the things I post. I don’t really like to be predictable, which is why things like TT and HNT aren’t exactly my thing. I know they tend to draw traffic to your blog, but the reality here is… do you see any ads? Do I look like I’m whoring for traffic? Hee hee.

Now, if you have ads on your blog, don’t get all offended. That was a rather tongue in cheek remark and not meant to infer that those of you with ads on your blogs are whoring for traffic. I guess if I thought I could make enough to pay at least one bill, I’d do ads. But I sincerely think that not enough people come here to read my bullshit for it to be worth the inconvenience and disruption of my theme’s symmetry.

Anyway, I decided to do both Half Nekkid Thursday and Thursday Thirteen today. Probably because I already have a pic to use for HNT and I came up with a weird idea for TT. (If there was a theme or prompt this week – oh, well. I never follow prompts. I don’t like to be hemmed in!) At first, I was thinking of making my TT a list of all the people I thought would read my Pink Chair Diaries submission and comment. But that list bothered me. So here’s my offering for today. Enjoy!

HNTbutton

Hey, if Fab can show his toes, and Avitable can get a purple pedicure… so can I! Personally, I think my feet look like Flintstones feet, but at least I don’t have bunions or anything gross like that.

Now, for my 14th Thursday the Thirteenth I give you, thirteen ways I can attend my company’s annual picnic without going solo.

1. I can have my kid bring two friends. One as her guest and one as mine. Oh, yeah. A teenage date at a function where I’m the chairman of the event committee. That will look good on a resume.

2. Invite a local blogger. Umn, this leaves me only a few choices really. Hilly, Jason X, Kaige… those are the only people I can think of who are fairly local for me. I wouldn’t mind taking any of them since I like them all a lot. However, I don’t know if I would have enough courage to screw up to ask. I screw up a lot of crap, but courage ain’t usually one of em.

3. Pay for Shinygal to fly out for the weekend. This one is really problematic. First, there’s the money issue and second, there’s the issue of her house closing escrow this week. However, if I knew that Avenged Sevenfold was gonna be around, hanging in some local HB club that weekend, I bet she would hock her grandma to come out here.

4. Invite the entire blogosphere via Twitter and hope that whoever has the money and inclination to take me up on my offer isn’t some really strange and fucked up person like a midget who works for the slaughterhouse or something.

5. Ask my brother to stay an extra week so he can attend. Meh. So not a good idea. I’d really rather NOT take any of my family members to this event. Not him, not any of my nieces or nephews… just no family. They know too many things about me … like my childhood nickname. It would totally undermine my position as the computer nazi in the office if that nickname got out.

6. Take my “mother-in-law” aka Rott’s mom. She’s a nice lady. She’s pretty good to me too. Slips me moohlah sometimes. I actually wouldn’t mind if she went cause she’d like playing bingo probably and she’s not colorful at all, so probably no one would remember her come Monday. However, she’s not a good driver so I wouldn’t really like to ask her to drive the 20 miles to the park from her house. And at the current price of gas, I’m so not driving to get her.

7. I could place an ad on Craigslist for a date. I’d probably get some pretty interesting takers, wouldn’t you think? “Woman needs date to cemetery company picnic.” Whoever answers the ad would probably look like Dave did in his Goth video, only scarier.

8. Place an ad on eHarmony or one of those dating sites. I really think I wouldn’t get anything but some con artist from Africa who would expect me to wire him all kinds of money to come. Then he’d just take the money and never show. Those dating sites are filled with con men. It’s really pathetic how they try to prey on women who just want a relationship. You’d think that nice looking old man who hawks eHarmony on TV would screen these fuckers better. Or maybe he’s getting a cut of the scam money…

9. Place an ad on one of the “adult” sites. I’d get the best offers here, I think. I’ve been a member of one of those sites before. Got a boyfriend from adult friendfinder years ago. Austin was hot. A little flaky, but hot. And he wasn’t bullshitting me about liking me either. Yeah, it could be interesting to show up with some hot young thing who was all over me. Heh. The only problem would be everyone wondering what happened to Rott. (Who is away, and won’t be back in time to go. Not that he ever did go to the picnic. Not his thing.)

10. Hire an escort. This one could spell lots of fun. Other than the money issue, I’d probably find this to be an excellent solution. These guys always know how to handle themselves at an event like this. The only question would be… would he expect me to handle him?

11. Pick up some random dude off the street. This was my kid’s idea. You’re shaking your head, aren’t you? My reasons for not liking this idea are directed at Motley, not the rest of you. Are you out of your fricking mind? I’d end up with some scumbag meth-head who would pick my pocket and rifle my purse! Not to mention what damage he could do at the picnic. Geez.

12. Put an ad in the local paper. Meh. All the single guys who would be looking at those ads in Orange County are either looking for a sugar mama or are rejects from Revenge of the Nerds VI or something.

13. Bring the guy who just got fired. I like him. He’s a lot of fun. I was sad to hear he got fired. Boy, would it stir the shit pot. LOL Of course, it would be a bad move on my part if I ever wanna entertain any idea of moving up the promotion ladder. God, it would be funny though.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

Happy TT, HNT, and just plain ole Thursday to all of youse guys!

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to TT the 14th + HNT

1. Jason X says:

I fear company picnics. I’ll have to tell the story on my blog. For the same reason, I now have a phobia of velcro.

Jason Xs last blog post..Blair vs. Fiona

2. Jason X says:

Jason Xs last blog post..Blair vs. Fiona

3. lapis ruber says:

Getting round very late this week so just time to say Happy HNT (Belated)

lapis rubers last blog post..HNT – Three Card Trick

4. lapis ruber says:

Getting round very late this week so just time to say Happy HNT (Belated)

lapis rubers last blog post..HNT – Three Card Trick

5. Mr. Fabulous says:

Winter–You will have to let me know ahead of time who will be coming so I can read their blogs, in case I don’t already.

I would hate to make a faux pas.

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Fabby’s Lessons of Love: #27

6. Mr. Fabulous says:

I would hate to make a faux pas.

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Fabby’s Lessons of Love: #27

7. Your toes are quite lovely. Also, even though we have plently of ads on our journal, we do appreciate your non-commercial blog. Happy HNT!

Greg & Sheryls last blog post..HNT – Three Is a Magic Number

8. Your toes are quite lovely. Also, even though we have plently of ads on our journal, we do appreciate your non-commercial blog. Happy HNT!

Greg & Sheryls last blog post..HNT – Three Is a Magic Number

Amorous – Luckily for me, as the picnic committee chair, I always have things to check on so no date is okay. Rott hates the picnic which is one reason I got on this committee 9 yrs ago. I figured if I was on the committee, I’d have to go with or without him.

Winters last blog post..Thursday 13 the 14th + HNT

Winters last blog post..Thursday 13 the 14th + HNT

Mary – Marcus at my picnic would be the best day EVER for me! It would be only slightly less better than if you came!

Anthony – I just don’t do well creatively when there is a theme. I can never hit the mark with that kind of thing so I don’t try. My kid did great with the HNT theme. Me, I couldn’t think of anything. Go figure.

Fab – That will be an awesome party. We’ll invite Hilly, Jason X, Vixen, Kaige, and everyone else I’ve forgotten is in SoCal.

TK – Thank you!

Vix – I forgot you and couple of others live south of me. My bad! But no booze is kinda boring. The polish is OPI’s You Ottawear Purple.

Motley – I coulda sworn to told me to just take anyone… But I like the idea of taking James.

Susan – Taking Trevor would be like taking Alaric Kohl. Cept without the drunkenness.

Winters last blog post..Thursday 13 the 14th + HNT

TK – Thank you!

Winters last blog post..Thursday 13 the 14th + HNT

13. Picnic’s like that are always nice when you can bring someone with you, lol. I’m going to one this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Love that color nail polish, purple is one of my favorite colors. It’s very pretty. Happy Thursday!

Amorous Rockers last blog post..Pretty gift, Hockey, Random stuff & HNT

14. Picnic’s like that are always nice when you can bring someone with you, lol. I’m going to one this weekend. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Amorous Rockers last blog post..Pretty gift, Hockey, Random stuff & HNT

15. There’s always Harvey the Invisible Rabbit. Or Trevor, but he wouldn’t give you back to Rott until he’d handled you more than an escort would expect to be handled, so maybe not…

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #Win a Book!

16. There’s always Harvey the Invisible Rabbit. Or Trevor, but he wouldn’t give you back to Rott until he’d handled you more than an escort would expect to be handled, so maybe not…

Susan Helene Gottfrieds last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #Win a Book!

17. Motley says:

No, my idea was to hire an escort, not pick some random guy off the street. Get it right, woman! >:3

Love ya! <3

Motleys last blog post..Two Boobs & A Kitten: HNT 3

18. Motley says:

Love ya! <3

Motleys last blog post..Two Boobs & A Kitten: HNT 3

19. Vixen says:

I was going to offer to come up and attend, but then I read that part about no booze….

I love that nail polish color, what is it???

Vixens last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #33

20. Vixen says:

I love that nail polish color, what is it???

Vixens last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #33

21. tkkerouac says:

good post!

TK Kerouac’s HNT

tkkerouacs last blog post..HAPPY THREE HNT!

22. tkkerouac says:

good post!

TK Kerouac’s HNT

tkkerouacs last blog post..HAPPY THREE HNT!

23. Mr. Fabulous says:

Well, one of these days I will make it out to the west coast, and then we will Par-tay!

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Thanks! You’ve been great!

24. Mr. Fabulous says:

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Thanks! You’ve been great!

25. AnthonyNorth says:

Great TT. As for your opener, maybe I’m new to TT, but I find there’s an infinite variation of things you can do with it.

AnthonyNorths last blog post..A BIT OF ALIEN NEWS

26. AnthonyNorth says:

AnthonyNorths last blog post..A BIT OF ALIEN NEWS

27. maryo says:

Why not go all out and just try for Marcus. That would be a great date.
    If I didnt have the baby I would jet out there and go. I would play up my hillbilly self just for ya. I’s got a lots of cuz’s that ares cute.

28. maryo says:

Why not go all out and just try for Marcus. That would be a great date.

Cynthia – I probably will. Or take Motley’s boyfriend’s best friend. I like James. We share the same taste in music.

Shinygal – I dunno that I should subject any bloggers to the tedium that is my company picnic. It’s boring and there’s no booze. Although, by the end you need a drink. LOL

Cecily – I love the escort idea. I can imagine all the talk on Monday! Delicious!

Darla – I have feral cats. I can’t even carry them let alone take them out of the house. If I had a dog I might.

Fab – I love purple toes! And if I were going to fly anyone to this event, it would be you because I can see you totally livening up the place!

Matt – Sometimes random is good! There was a really hunky guy at the bus stop last night that I considered.

Avitable – That’s just creepy. Nothing wrong with it… but it’s just creepy.

Adelle – I know everyone and their spouses/SOs in this company. I’m not worried about going solo. I usually do because Rott so doesn’t like this event.

Thanks for coming by everyone!

Avitable – That’s just creepy. Nothing wrong with it… but it’s just creepy.

Thanks for coming by everyone!

31. Hold your head up high and go solo. You just never know who else will be there alone. Have fun! Happy T13!

Adelle Laudans last blog post..

32. Hold your head up high and go solo. You just never know who else will be there alone. Have fun! Happy T13!

Adelle Laudans last blog post..

33. Avitable says:

What’s wrong with a midget working in a slaughterhouse?

Avitables last blog post..Nigger

34. Avitable says:

What’s wrong with a midget working in a slaughterhouse?

Avitables last blog post..Nigger

35. Matt-Man says:

Go with the painted toes and the random dude from off of the street. That should work. Cheers!!

Matt-Mans last blog post..Half Nekkid Thursday: Let’s Clambake, Baby

36. Matt-Man says:

Matt-Mans last blog post..Half Nekkid Thursday: Let’s Clambake, Baby

37. Mr. Fabulous says:

Geez, if you were going to fly someone out, it should be me.

Except I don’t like to fly.

So…nice toes! And don’t kid yourself, Flintstones toes are HAWT.

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Thanks! You’ve been great!

38. Mr. Fabulous says:

Geez, if you were going to fly someone out, it should be me.

Except I don’t like to fly.

So…nice toes! And don’t kid yourself, Flintstones toes are HAWT.

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Thanks! You’ve been great!

39. Darla says:

Bring a pet along–you won’t be alone, plus it would make a great conversation-starter.

Darlas last blog post..TT #99

40. Darla says:

Darlas last blog post..TT #99

41. Cecily says:

Hire an escort. And make sure he’s beautiful.

Or, go solo. 🙂

Funny list!

Cecilys last blog post..Thursday Thirteen and Randoms ARound The AcRe

42. Cecily says:

Hire an escort. And make sure he’s beautiful.

Or, go solo. 🙂

Funny list!

Cecilys last blog post..Thursday Thirteen and Randoms ARound The AcRe

43. Shiny Gal says:

You know I would SO go with you! We’d have a fucking ball! I think in this case, Motley, Hilly, Jason X or Kaige would be your best bet. Yeah…picking up a random stranger…not a good idea. Unless of course it’s a Marcus look-alike 😉 Then by all means, throw him in the car and take off like a bat outta hell!

44. Shiny Gal says:

45. Cynthia says:

or you could just go solo!

Cynthias last blog post..Thursday Thirteen – 5th Edition

46. Cynthia says:

or you could just go solo!

Cynthias last blog post..Thursday Thirteen – 5th Edition