Hungover Marcus Monday

I’m not really hungover, but I have that exhausted feeling that you get when you’re hungover. Not that I have any real experience with hangovers. Even when I drank too much, I never woke up with the pounding headache that announces a hangover. I would, however, wake up exhausted. Yesterday, while all the TC08 people were making their hungover ways home, I wrote six thousand words. That’s a lot, as any writer can tell you.

On Saturday, amid all the TC08 Flickr photos and Tweets, I was reading the Pink Chair Diaries. I decided I wanted to submit a story. The guidelines say approximately five thousand words a submission. So I spent some time Saturday night figuring out my plot. Sunday morning I made my banner and started on the story. At about 10:30 Sunday night I submitted it, all 5988 words of it. Hopefully, I’ll have a URL for the story soon. I’ll post it here when I do. The majority of those 6K words was all about sex, so I know you’ll all like that.

Today’s Marcus photo is one I saved for just such as day as this. He looks plastered. He either didn’t know or didn’t care that someone was giving him the rabbit ears. I don’t care. This guy’s hot even when he’s drunk and acting stupid. He can have all the tequila shots he wants from my cleavage. I figured that after all the drunken TC08 pics, I should post a drunken Marcus. It just sorta fits the theme of the aftermath of TC08.

Before I list the Marcuses, did you notice the other little pic in the upper right corner? The little giraffe labeled Alaric? My friend Jen, who sent me Marcus, sent me a new giraffe. So I created the Alaric Award. I’m thinking this award must be given for something to do with either kissing or drinking or maybe both. Alaric Kohl, the Bar Story character, is a drunk for the better part of the story. An asshole, but funny at times, a total poker shark, and… a drunk. When he meets Lex, he sobers up. He’s still an asshole sometimes, still cleans up at poker, drinks but doesn’t get drunk… and is always looking for an excuse to kiss his woman. I’ll figure it out eventually and post the criteria for the Alaric.

As for the Marcus, Marty was the man this week with 7. I think that’s only because Mary was busy having a baby. Hmmmn. Fab has 6. Othurme has 4. Mary and Matt got 3 each. I think Matt’s just been busy though, not off having a baby like Mary. Although if he was, we gotta get him on Springer or at the very least the Tyra Banks Show! Karl, Jason X, and Metalmom each have 2. I know MM and Karl were busy at TC08 which is why they haven’t been by much. As for Jason… his mojo was back so he was busy getting some. He was REALLY busy this week. If you don’t believe me, head on over to The User Pool to see for yourself. Next Monday is our next recap. We’re almost to the end of this round.

While I was busy with my six thousand words, the PITA went to Rip-offland. She should have pics and video over on Socially Dead at some point this week. That’s it for Marcus Monday. I’m taking my 6K word self to bed now. Enjoy your week!

Tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Hungover Marcus Monday

1. Mr. Fabulous says:

I can get down on my knees…I MAY need some help to get back up…

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..God is wise

2. Mr. Fabulous says:

I can get down on my knees…I MAY need some help to get back up…

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..God is wise

Fab – If you’re over 40 with knees good enough to use… go for it!

Marty – I don’t know. The last time I went I had free passes. Motley’s bestie paid this time, but I think it is that expensive.

Mary – Not to work. Just keep Mac happy and we’ll keep the Bar rolling for you.

BPR – That’s just an explanation of the award. There’s a whole backstory to it being a giraffe named Marcus, or Alaric as the new one is named. I’ve probably blogged the backstory too so I’ll have to check the archives later if you’re interested.

Fab – If you’re over 40 with knees good enough to use… go for it!

Mary – Not to work. Just keep Mac happy and we’ll keep the Bar rolling for you.

5. bluepaintred says:

Thanks for the marcus Link VIA Twitter!

bluepaintreds last blog post..Wasting time on photoshop

6. bluepaintred says:

Thanks for the marcus Link VIA Twitter!

bluepaintreds last blog post..Wasting time on photoshop

7. bluepaintred says:

…I still have no idea what the giraffe thing is all about…

bluepaintreds last blog post..Wasting time on photoshop

8. bluepaintred says:

…I still have no idea what the giraffe thing is all about…

bluepaintreds last blog post..Wasting time on photoshop

9. MaryO says:

I cant even put together 6000 words in my head right now. This is the land of no sleep. I have been wanting to go write on the bar but in bewteen the feedings, pooping and my pain, no way. It is my goal for the the next couple days though.
    Speaking of, the mobile milk bar is being called for.

10. MaryO says:

Speaking of, the mobile milk bar is being called for.

Yeah, 6k words is awesome.

Ripoff Land. I know that place has gotten so expensive. What is it.. $75 to get in now?

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #3

Yeah, 6k words is awesome.

martymankinss last blog post..Scooter Sunday #3

13. Mr. Fabulous says:

6K at one time…I bow to your prolificness!

I can also get down on my knees if you like…

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..I can has contest?

14. Mr. Fabulous says:

6K at one time…I bow to your prolificness!

I can also get down on my knees if you like…

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..I can has contest?

Matt – I’m sitting here in my towel feeling much better than I did last night. Thanks for helping out in the inspiration department. A naked Matt-Man is a wonderous thing!

Jennifer – That 6K doesn’t even count my blog post, all my tweets, IMs, comments, and emails. My fingers are worn to the nub. But it’s a good feeling. I did have help though. My kid being gone all day was a plus, and when I was flagging, Matt-Man told the chatroom at Turnbaby’s show that he was naked. Between Matt and ladies, I was refreshed and back on track with the sex!

Winters last blog post..Hungover Marcus Monday

Winters last blog post..Hungover Marcus Monday

17. Whew! 6K in one sitting. WOOOOOOT!!!! That’s great, Winter. You’re kicking ass.

Jennifer McKenzies last blog post..1

18. Whew! 6K in one sitting. WOOOOOOT!!!! That’s great, Winter. You’re kicking ass.

Jennifer McKenzies last blog post..1

19. Matt-Man says:

I hope you feel refreshed soon, Winter. Cheers!!

Matt-Mans last blog post..Cinco de Mayo: Viva la Mexicans!!

20. Matt-Man says:

I hope you feel refreshed soon, Winter. Cheers!!

Matt-Mans last blog post..Cinco de Mayo: Viva la Mexicans!!