Ugh

That about sums up how I feel this morning. I might be getting a bug. Or it could just be that my sleep cycle is all discombobulated. Not sure. I do want to shoot Dummy. He bugged the hell out of me last night. I don’t care how beautiful he is, I’m pissed at him. So irked, in fact, that I was dreaming I was in an odd house where the next door neighbors kept breaking in, trying to steal him. When they couldn’t get him, they enlisted all their friends, of whom there were many, to toss beer and soda cans into our yard. In the dream, I was really angry. To the point of calling the cops angry. I had my kid snapping pics of them for evidence. The dream made no sense. I was pissed at Dummy. Why would I be pissed at someone for trying to steal him? I would have given him away at any point last night!

Other than bitching about Dummy, I’m too tired to give you much of anything today. However, I do want to mention the fact that my daughter is in a frenzy of excitement. Concert? New boyfriend? Chili cheese fries? None of the above. She’s saving to go to Warped Tour in Portland. (Don’t ask. I’m still pissed at the kids for this idea.) She and Invincible Morrison, the boyfriend, are apparently back together after a very brief breakup due to his clingyness which is now gone. She does love chili cheese fries, but I haven’t bought her any in awhile. No, she’s excited because I got her a domain name yesterday.

She wants a blog. She’s been working on different name and theme ideas for a short while. Finally, she comes up with something like Sissies Stay Home. Something about being socially dead. I, in all my brilliance, go to ShareArea.com, the registrar where my domains are. (ShareArea.com is owned by Mike Wallace, who is the creator of the horse racing sim where I’m message board moderator. I think after 5 years in the game, and now being made a mod, I can call Mike a friend.) I look up sociallydead.com and it’s available. I IM my kid. She says Ooooooh! I tell her, Blog Name: Socially Dead. Tagline: Life is Tough, when you have no Life. She says, I WANT. ME LIKEY. So at lunch I register the domain and make this:

That’s a banner sized version of the blog header. Now I just have to get the hosting sorted out, enter the nameservers, and wait for propagation time. My kid is so excited her boobs are jiggling. No, wait. Those jiggle anyway. Heh. Once the blog is up and launched, we’ll have a little Grand Opening and I’ll ask everyone to stop by and wish her well with her blogginess.

Okay, that’s all I have for today, other than… UGH. I don’t feel so good. Hope you all feel better than me. Have a great Tuesday.

0 Responses to Ugh

Matt – Curiously, I felt much better after your well wishes. You are truly a miracle!

Haley – Thanks. The banner/header did come nice, didn’t it?

Marty – It’s live now! I love that name!

Mary – POP ALREADY! Hee hee. Hope the kid feels better soon and you too.

Hilly – I think I had a dose of exhaustion. I feel asleep way, way, early last night. Very unlike me.

Shiny II – She’s already blogging!

Chelle – The apple is distinctly like it’s mama. But thinner. And a lot taller. It’s an apple tree I think.

MM – She’s live now! And Warped Tour with those kids… *rolls eyes* Not a recipe for fun. (There’s a few whiners in the group.)

Shiny I – He was a BAD Dummy!

Haley – Thanks. The banner/header did come nice, didn’t it?

Marty – It’s live now! I love that name!

Mary – POP ALREADY! Hee hee. Hope the kid feels better soon and you too.

Shiny II – She’s already blogging!

Shiny I – He was a BAD Dummy!

3. rxvenomqueen says:

Oooh! Bad Dummy! He even looks guilty in that picture! I must say, Socially Dead turned out super nice, then again, I wasn’t expecting any less as I knew you were creating it!
    Yeah…we’re finally on hump day! Three cheers for Wednesday!

4. rxvenomqueen says:

Yeah…we’re finally on hump day! Three cheers for Wednesday!

5. metalmom says:

Love the name, love the banner. I wanna visit!

I also wanna go to the Warped Tour!!!!

6. metalmom says:

Love the name, love the banner. I wanna visit!

I also wanna go to the Warped Tour!!!!

7. The Absurdist says:

I LOVE that. socially dead. That is so cool. Sounds like something mommy would come up with too…. Apple doesn’t fall very far, huh?

8. The Absurdist says:

9. shiny says:

Hope you feel better!

And kudos on the successful domain name hunt! I hope she uses it well…

10. shiny says:

Hope you feel better!

And kudos on the successful domain name hunt! I hope she uses it well…

11. Hilly says:

Whenever I get really exhausted, I tend to feel sick. I hope whatever it is goes away soon!

12. Hilly says:

13. MaryO says:

Right there with ya girl. Still no baby and my little boy is sick. HE only woke up at 2 this morning crying and coughing. Than when I finally get to sleep I have to wake up. UGH!!
    Hope you feel better.

14. MaryO says:

Hope you feel better.

Cool name. Glad it was available. And let us know when it’s live so we can head over and check it out.

17. haleyhughes says:

I love the name Socially Dead. The banner is great, too.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

18. haleyhughes says:

I love the name Socially Dead. The banner is great, too.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

19. Matt-Man says:

I hope you feel better soon, Winter. Cheers!!

20. Matt-Man says:

I hope you feel better soon, Winter. Cheers!!