|Thirteen Mysterious Characters from the Bar Story
1. Macaire – Macaire is a Fallen Angel. The FAs are very powerful. Marius the Archangel “creates” the angels from children who died. The FAs are supposed to be good, but Macaire is extraordinary. He’s stalking Nyx McClaren and already threatened her and her mate Valerian Kronos. He hasn’t done anything against them yet, but he keeps hinting that he will.
2. Damaris Fontaine, the Blood Mistress – Damaris is the keeper of the vampire annals (the history of all vampires) and the vampire bloodlines and lineage. She’s the daughter of the vampire deity, which makes her a demi-goddess I suppose. So far she’s shown herself to be good, but who knows what could happen? She’s just mysterious and powerful enough that you just aren’t sure whether she’s good or evil.
3. Mr. Fabulous – The only thing we know about him is that the Blood Mistress is afraid of him. That means, he must be more powerful than her. No indication yet whether he is good or evil, but he may be a vampire and may have some sort of ties to the demon realm. He may also have ties to the vampire deity.
4. Darrien Ellsworth – Darrien is a vampire. Someone in the story is his father. So far his father hasn’t been revealed. Dad doesn’t know he has a son. Darrien’s gonna tell him in a not so nice way. We don’t know yet if Darrien is good or evil, but he and his brother Sebastian are hanging out stalking Darrien’s dad.
5. Kendall Reed – The vampire musician shares a past with rock star Rune. Not a carnal past, but a past that has to do with their childhood, music, and secrets. She has Rune by the balls over a song he stole from her. It’s not known yet whether she will twist them or forgive him.
6. Bram Steele – Bram is a former junkie. He lost almost everything to drugs, which seems odd for a vampire, but it’s true in Bram’s case. Now, he’s rebuilt his life and his music career. He’s just made up with old friend Dominic Solent. It seems pretty obvious that Bram is a good guy, but who knows what’s in his past waiting to come out.
7. Garren Fairfax – Garren is a mage who inherited a strange magical house. In the house is a huge golden cage that encircles Garren’s current captive. The cage moves when the captive moves. So basically, the captive has free run of the house. There’s magic in the house that allows it to not be seen except by certain persons. Garren first looked like a bad guy who was holding someone hostage. Now that he’s taken in Khatira the djinn’s bottle (her brother put the golden cuffs on her making her a genie), he seems more of a good guy.
8. Seth Chrysaor – Seth is a legendary creature. The chrysaor is the son of a god and a Gorgon. He has strange powers, and a mouth full of sharp pointed teeth when he’s in battle mode. He has already shown that he’s a good guy when he helped kill the demon who was possessing Rune and helped kill the Black Widow, Rachel Sullivan.
9. Christian De Ambrose – Christian, yet another vampire, is the former lover of rock star Carlisle Ross. He broke up with her, and left to pursue a career as a writer. Now he’s in Paris, stalking Carlisle, and digging up dirt on her fiance’s family. He has not yet shown whether he’s a good guy or a baddie.
10. Devlin Von Karman – Devlin is some kind of ancient shape shifter. He appears to be a good guy so far, because he’s helped out Aneira Rudolph the white werewolf, for whom he has a little crush. However, there is something else lurking beneath the surface. His friendship with vampire Veronica Pierce, for one.
11. Eden Wellesley – Eden is human and is the bloodmate of a vampire. So far, Eden has resisted his attempts to bond with her. For some odd reason, she does not want to live forever. An ex-CIA agent, Eden has already shown herself to be one of the good guys, but why are there strange “relatives” from her past, who have connections to mages, showing up on her doorstep?
12. Elysia Grenville – The head of the Fallen Angels is strict and upright. She shows no emotion to either the people who work for her or her younger sisters. She’s a good guy, but she’s not very likable yet. Maybe there are secrets in her past… Certainly, she’s bound to show more of her hand when her youngest sister asks to be released from the FAs to go to the Afterlife.
13. Drey Wulf – Drey is a werewolf. He’s shown both good and bad sides to the readers by attacking Aneira, by having sex with her mom Jensen, who is in love with his brother, by teasing a wildling and a host of other things. Drey is a bad boy whom everyone loves because he just tells it like it is. He’s rough around the edges and manipulative, but he’s really just young and hotheaded rather than evil.