Melancholy Marcus Monday

I’m a little melancholy. Missing Rott I guess for one. For another, people in general sometimes get me down. (See the rant below.) I spent part of Sunday photoshopping Marcus. I stuck him into a pic with a girl in a designer dress. Then I photoshopped Kelly Monaco’s face on the girl. It’s not a very good job. I was distracted. The upshot is that if I had really worked on the details it would look much better. It’s for the Bar, so it doesn’t have to be some fantastic thing.

The picture is because Lex and Alaric are going to a wedding. Lex, who is starting to show her pregnancy a little, doesn’t fit in the dress she was going to wear, which would allow her to wear the very expensive Manolo Blahnik’s she wore at her own wedding. So Lex has to choose a different dress. The post is about how Lex comes to realize that her body is about to undergo some major changes, and at the end of it all, her life will be decidedly different.

When I first wrote Lex, she was a background character, meant to fuck one of the main characters, get dumped by him, and eventually end up dead. But Lex is tenacious. She wanted to live. She wanted a chance at her own story. She refused to do what I had originally planned for her. Now, Lex is probably the most 3 dimensional character that I have. I invest a lot of myself in her too. So when I did the 6 word memoir and realized that Lex is the best vehicle I have as a writer, I created The Lexography. The Lexography is Lex’s biography. Told in diary format from her voice, and the voices of those who love her. If you’re interested in Lex, you will find the link to the Lexography on the sidebar to the right. The girl with fangs won’t be posted here on Tuesdays any longer.

I have a little rant that I wanna get off my chest now. Have you ever been in IM or chat or on a MB with someone who disliked you, but was being passive aggressive about it? They make these little remarks that are digs, but they cover them, attribute them to someone else, or backtrack so you don’t call them on it? Usually, I call them on it anyway because it annoys the hell out of me. I would much rather people say right up front what they think so I, and everyone else, knows that they don’t like me. Then I don’t have to make nicey nice and talk to them anymore. And everyone else will not expect me to.

The problem I have these days is that there are places where I am the admin and/or moderator. I’m not supposed to be confrontational. There are five places on the net where I have this job. Five places where I have to take the high road and let people speak to me in snide asides. It goes against the grain with me, but I agreed to take these jobs so I’m not about to let others down by not doing the right thing. What kills is that sometimes these queens of passive aggressive behavior use that against me. They know they can throw as much below the radar crap at me as they like, and I cannot retaliate or respond. They revel in the fact that they can do this. It’s pathetic.

I bet you want to know why they don’t like me, these passive aggressive queens. As near as I can figure it, it’s because I’m me. I come into a chatroom or a board and I talk to people. I joke and tease and flirt. Sometimes other women do not like this about me. They think I do this to draw all the attention to myself. They are resentful and it shows in their little remarks to me, and in the way they draw the man’s (men’s) attention back to them by talking about something I am not privvy to.

Now, I’ve been on this planet for awhile. There’s stuff I know. First off, it’s freaking typing, people. Second, what’s wrong with a little fun? It’s not like I’m inviting your husband to cheat on you. Third, it’s not about me, it’s about others, making them smile and have fun. I don’t even post a lot on some of these boards, so when I do, I wanna have fun! Fourth, you don’t OWN those men that I talk to on the boards and chatrooms. Some of them are married or have girlfriends. You do not have dibs on them! And yes, I talk to women too! Not just the guys. Although, the way these P-A-Qs act, you’d think all I do is go around to MBs and chats and steal “their” men. Sheesh.

I tell myself that this is nothing. They prolly have pathetic lives in dead end jobs, no boyfriend or husbands or kids… or they have those things and are unhappy with them. Hell, I could BE them. The difference is, I choose not to be. I choose to fill the empty places with things I enjoy. Creative things like that stupid little photoshop pic, or writing Lex, or calling in to Turnbaby’s show and singing a really bad rendition of the Yogi Bear song because I’ve forgotten the words because my dinner is burning. (Smoke sucks.) I just have to content myself that the high road is the better way to go and ignoring barbs is good for the soul.

Okay, rant over and it’s time to add up the Marcus’ for this week. Fab picked up 7 this week followed by Mary with 6, Matt and Shiny with 5, Susan with 3, and Livvy with 2. There’s a whole host of people who got 1 each. Most of them on my TT about the cemetery. Why is it that people are so very curious about the cemetery?

Anyway, since it’s been 4 weeks since our last update here’s how the numbers shake out in terms of the top 5: Mary-68, Matt-53, Shiny-52, Susan-47, and Fab-37. Maybe it should be whoever gets to 100 first wins or whoever has the most come June 1. Next time around, I’ll do the contest different. I’m liking how Matt does the COW.

By the way, I’m still battling with WordPress on my writing blog. If anyone knows someone who can answer q’s for me and maybe mentor me a little, I would much appreciate it. I need to make the errors go away and do a couple of little tweaky things, but I’m having a helluva time finding answers in all the miles of WordPress docs, forums, and codex. I don’t need someone to do it for me, I just need someone to point me in the right direction so I can fix it myself.

That’s it for this Monday. Have a great start to the week everyone! MUAH!

0 Responses to Melancholy Marcus Monday

MM – I know you are like that! Most women who like me are like that. The others all resent me. 😉 Thanks for the kudos on Yogi. I mangled the song AND burned dinner. A twofer…

Abs – It’s a paranormal serial story written by a bunch of writers (including 2 hot Scottish dudes). It’s got romance and action. It also has immortals, vamps, dragons, weres, witches, fairies, etc. The sex scenes are very hot, the action is violent and there is always drama, drama, drama… and some fun. I have lots of posts here on this blog about the Bar. There is a link to the Bar on my sidebar.

3. The Absurdist says:

Hey I was reading over at Shiny Female and wondering what that bar writing thing is that you two do.

4. The Absurdist says:

5. metalmom says:

I’ll fuck ’em up if you tell me who they are……I roll like that.

Btw-you sang the Yogi song so well!! You should call in and sing more!!!

6. metalmom says:

I’ll fuck ’em up if you tell me who they are……I roll like that.

Btw-you sang the Yogi song so well!! You should call in and sing more!!!

Mary – I am eagerly awaiting our Bar Baby!! Come out, come out already sir!!

X – I’m flattered that you snuck away to read me! Thanks for the offer to deal with them for me. I can just see you and Fab shredding her. It’s an entertaining thought… she stands no chance whatsoever.

Susan – It’s true that people either love me or hate me. In person, it’s hate. Probably because I’m a little shy and it’s hard for them to get to the outgoing, amusing side of me. On here, it’s easy to not be shy. Easier to be myself. I mean, no one is looking at me with googly eyes, ya know what I mean?

Thanks for coming by everyone!

Mary – I am eagerly awaiting our Bar Baby!! Come out, come out already sir!!

Thanks for coming by everyone!

9. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Been there with the PAQs. I like that acronym, btw.

It’s because we’re strong women, Winter. I have a polarizing effect on people: they either love me or hate me and there’s very little middle ground. This is our curse.

Stay on that high road. It’s not always our style and they’ll hate us more for staying on it, but TFB. We’ll win friends and influence people in the right ways.

10. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Been there with the PAQs. I like that acronym, btw.

11. xakara says:

The universe must be warning me about something because this is the third rant in as many days on passive-agressive drama, and I’ve only barely been blog hopping.

I’m sorry that you’re stuck dealing with those folks. I remember it all to well from my own life and the depth of irritation when I was in a position not to respond. Concrats on taking the high road! And if the high road stops working, point me in the right direction and I’ll take a lower road for you if necessary *Grin*.

Okay, I snuck off to read you today, I need to finish what I was doing and head off to bed for bit.

(((Hugs))) and (((Passive-Aggressive-Drama Thwarting Vibes)))

~X

12. xakara says:

(((Hugs))) and (((Passive-Aggressive-Drama Thwarting Vibes)))

~X

13. MaryO says:

I am a Marcus Slut!! That about the only thing I am slutting right now so feel privledged.
    I like what you call the bitches that just dont get it.
    Plus I can actually say out loud your name for them.
    Keep on doing your thing Winter. There are plenty of us that love you and think you are a great person.
    Off to the doctor I go!! Come on kid come out already!!!

14. MaryO says:

I like what you call the bitches that just dont get it.
    Plus I can actually say out loud your name for them.
    Off to the doctor I go!! Come on kid come out already!!!

Shiny – I love it that Lex always overcomes. She overcame even MY plans for her!

Fab – I will send you an email re WordPress. As for your rule… me likey!

Matt – At least the high road always ensures you don’t step in shit.

Abs – I confront if it’s somewhere I’m not a mod. As an admin or mod, I just have to let it go unless it does become overt and causes others to go “What?”. At that point, I have to be a mod and tell the person to take it somewhere else. Even if their problem is me.

The Marcus is the little beanie graphic that I bestow on those who have made relevant or funny comments. Someone who just says “I like that” doesn’t earn one. So, it’s not just about leaving comments, it’s about being engaged. Or entertaining. I don’t think Fab’s engaged unless it’s fisting. The rest of the time, he’s entertaining. 😉

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Fab – I will send you an email re WordPress. As for your rule… me likey!

Matt – At least the high road always ensures you don’t step in shit.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

17. The Absurdist says:

I hate those kind of people too. They have been a part of my life since I can remember; both men and women. I rarely take the high road; mostly, I get back at them by speaking above their head such that they have no idea I just insulted them.

What is a Marcus?

18. The Absurdist says:

What is a Marcus?

19. Matt-Man says:

You are correct Winter, always take the high road. You are better for it. Cheers!!

20. Matt-Man says:

21. Mr. Fabulous says:

I might be able to help with WordPress if it’s simple stuff. Try me.

Anyone who is nasty to you should be killed. Just a rule I have.

22. Mr. Fabulous says:

I might be able to help with WordPress if it’s simple stuff. Try me.

Anyone who is nasty to you should be killed. Just a rule I have.

23. rxvenomqueen says:

I like the Al and Lex picture. And isn’t it amazing how things turned for the better with her? It’s cool to go through the old stuff and see how her character developed.
    About WordPress, I’m going to try and scrounge around for it. Unlike the mystery model you’re still trying to find a name for, I’m sure finding something on WordPress will be much simpler.

24. rxvenomqueen says: