Yes! I Suck Too!

I am depressed. Really depressed. You know how I said I hate it when I can’t figure things out? That it gnaws at me until I do figure it out? Well, I spoke too soon re taming the beast that is WordPress. I’m stuck. Fucking really stuck.

Here’s the deal, everything looks good. It looks right. But there are things behind the scenes that stink… meaning they don’t freaking work right. And it’s killing me. Not because they don’t work right, but because I SUCK and can’t figure out how to fix it.

I’ve gotten to the point where I’m about to post everywhere for someone to come mentor me. I don’t want someone to just fix all this shit for me. I just need someone who knows HOW to fix it to show me, help me fix it. It’s all about ME, of course. I want to do this myself. But I’m stuck. And I suck. And I have bad luck. So I’m saying FUCK.

Excuse me while I go shed some angry angsty tears. I HATE it when I can’t figure shit out.

Oh, and BTW, my new coffeepot peed all over the counter. $9 in Wally World (Walmart for the uninitiated, which BTW is a freaking 3rd world country all on it’s own. No one speaks English in Wally World!) for some generic brand drip coffeepot. I only wanted it because it will keep the coffee hot. I really prefer a french press pot, but they don’t keep the coffee hot for hours.

So I pour water in the water tank and turn away to fill the basket with Sumatra. When I come back, I stick the basket in and discover a puddle under the new coffeepot. I pick it up. It’s leaking like a sieve. All the water in the water tank is draining out the bottom of the unit. It literally peed all over my counter and took a half a roll of paper towels to mop up.

Okay. I’m done ranting. I’m gonna go make maple bacon and ingest massive quantities of cholesterol to make myself feel better. I don’t wanna look at the new blog today. I will cry for sure if I do. I wonder if I can dig the the cracked press pot out of the trash and clean it up good enough to make a cup of coffee…

0 Responses to Yes! I Suck Too!

1. rxvenomqueen says:

Peeing coffee pots…I really hate that when that happens. I don’t know what’s worse: having to clean up the damned mess or knowing good coffee just went to waste.

2. rxvenomqueen says:

I’m going back one more time. To get my money back for the stupid coffee pot. Then I’m boycotting. I will pay more to NOT have to go that place.

The WordPress thing… I think I just need to find the time to read the forums. I wish I was like Hellohahanarf and had pals who can program… well, um. Maybe I do know someone who can help me. Not sure. He writes internet games… I must ponder this. However, thanks for giving me the idea! LOL

5. Karl says:

Sorry about the WordPress headaches. And man, do I hate going to Walmart.

6. Karl says:

Sorry about the WordPress headaches. And man, do I hate going to Walmart.

Susan – I am an ostrich. It’s part of being new. I’m going to milk being new for a good long while. It works really well when pleading ignorance of something. Otherwise, I have to admit to just being oblivious of shit.

Jason – I’m an IT geek too. At least, I’m my company’s sorry excuse for an IT geek. See, I could figure out the WordPress thing if it was a Citrix server instead of a blog application. I think it’s CSS that I need to know more about…

Mary – I love ya. And I’m not a Republican so I support Clinton. Mr. and Mrs. I am not an Obama whore. Wally World… It can be your kingdom since there’s nothing else there. For me, it’s just hell.

Thanks for coming by everyone! I almost feel good enough to tackle the WordPress problem again… as soon as I’m done cutting heads off of photos.

9. MaryO says:

Poor Winter. I am giving you major hugs. I will not bad mouth my holy grail though. Nope, no way, no how.
    Us Arkansas folks just came up with a way to fuck with the rest of you. Go ahead keep making fun of us hillbillies and Clinton. Wal-Mart is our way of getting ya’ll back. *evil grin*
    Plus you know you just jealous that Clinton was good enough to get some. Even if the chick was butt ugly. She was under the desk giving him head. Hello it is dark, dont need to know if she is hot. You getting head, be happy.
    Why cant you blame it on the people that made the product? How was Wally World to know it was a shitty one? They cant inspect everyone that goes out their door.

10. MaryO says:

11. Jason X says:

Good rant, but don’t be depressed. I stay away from wordpress for the same reasons (and I’m an I.T. guy).

Great blog, Winter. I’ll be back often!

Jason X

12. Jason X says:

Great blog, Winter. I’ll be back often!

Jason X

13. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

You haven’t been following the recent bru-ha-ha with Amazon and the POD services?

Lucky woman… it’s been all over my reader.

14. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Lucky woman… it’s been all over my reader.

Amazon is like Wally World? Really? Thank God, I do not shop there. I do not need another f-ed up shopping experience. Thanks for the tip, Susan!

17. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

… which is why I don’t shop at Wal-Mart, either.

(Huh? Oh, sorry. I just finished yet another Amazon rant.)

18. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

… which is why I don’t shop at Wal-Mart, either.

(Huh? Oh, sorry. I just finished yet another Amazon rant.)