Tuesday Tune with Rune the Rock Star

I got his idea last night that I wanted to check out WordPress, thinking I’d be better off there than here at Blogger. Like most not well thought out ideas, I got all gung ho thinking of all the stuff that would look better on my blog if I moved. Of course, when it gets right to the nuts and bolts, I don’t have what it takes to make WordPress work for me in the way I’d want it to.

I like my freaking template for one. At WordPress’s forum, they pretty much shot me down over importing the “look” of my Blogger blog. I knew I’d have to repoint my subdomain so that wasn’t a worry, but hell, some stuff costs real money over there at WordPress. (Can you hear me whining?) And my widgets? How the hell do I make my widgets work there? I refuse to give up my Imeem!

There are not enough hours in the day for me to learn CSS. I know enough now to make me dangerous. You should see what I’ve managed to do at my company’s website without knowing what the fuck I’m doing in CSS. Once, I did something on the site and made the President happy which gave me a smirky ass grin on my face all day, but seriously, I coulda fucked the site up. Luckily for me, most programming is logical. Whew!

So the upshot is that I am staying with Blogger… cause I have to. LiveJournal does NOT ring any bells for me. And while WordPress does ring some bells, I just don’t have the skills to take this site there and still keep some of the things that are must haves for me. So unless someone with the lovely skills that I am lacking, is willing to assist, here I shall stay. Fucking 24 hour bullshit. Why couldn’t the day be longer so I could learn more programming crap?

So my Tuesday tune is from the movie August Rush. Last week I was getting my manicure, and I saw the first half of the movie. I was tweaked when it was time to go. I wanted to see the second half! I needed more of that hottie with the Irish accent! On Saturday I went in to get a pedicure because I chipped a toenail. When I came in, the owner turned on August Rush, almost where I’d left off! WOOT! So now, I’ve pretty much seen the whole flick. I have to say, I really liked it. Hearing Jonathan Rhys Meyers singing has given me a serious hard on for him. I’m really glad I used him at the Bar as the physical representation of my petulant Welsh rock star Rune.

Speaking of the Bar and Rune, his intro to the story is as Lex’s ex. He’s never gotten over her, has this deathless love for her, and would do anything to get her back. The guy is practically stalking her! Of course, by the time Rune appears, Lex is breaking up with Johann and already dreaming of Alaric. The rock star stands no chance. My poor girl with fangs just isn’t in love with him. These next few pdfs will take you right up the point where Rune is introduced. He’ll show up in the next posting of pdfs. Some of the pdfs have multiple posts because the posts were very short. Hope you enjoy this next peek into Lex’s story.

Tension

Sweet Little Lies, Alexandria’s Dream Man, Can A Drunk Ass Dream?, Pain & Disappointment

Time To Go, Double Vision, Working Off the Mad, Gotta Stop Drinking

I’m off to do some experimenting at the Bar. We’re working on new terminology and I want to put up a post that shows us what the story would be like with those new terms. No longer piggybacking off of other things we’ve read is the smart way to go. This is our World and we need to create our own names and way of explaining things. If I don’t post anything but a hottie tomorrow, you’ll know I’m too busy with the sim and the Bar to blog. Happy Tuesday!

0 Responses to Tuesday Tune with Rune the Rock Star

Why thank you Mr. Fabulous! I’m all blushing and shit now. I’m that pleased with the compliment. BTW, the Bar saw the introduction of the mysterious “Fabulous” last night. Heh heh. I love a mysterious man…

3. Mr. Fabulous says:

You are a remarkable woman.

Just wanted to say that.

4. Mr. Fabulous says:

You are a remarkable woman.

Just wanted to say that.

I can do spiffy, Matt! Just give me a template to work with and I will make it better. What I can’t do are some of the more difficult things in CSS that create those little sections in different colors with rounded edges. That type of thing. I like my basic black tho, and no way am I giving up my little cartoon skyline with bats! (The bats were added by me. Hee hee)Thanks for coming by!

7. Matt-Man says:

I have resigned myself that the look of my site will never be the spiffiest looking.

I am familiar with with how Blogger works, and I know what I am doing, so won’t even think about switching. Cheers WInter!!

8. Matt-Man says:

We have come a long way. It’s amazing. Don’t forget to listen to Rune singing! It won’t spoil the movie for you at all!

11. rxvenomqueen says:

Though I know nothing of LiveJournal, I like having you right here @ Blogger!!
    I’m still wanting to see August Rush. Maybe I can get DH to rent it without his knowing the real reason >:)
    I’m thrilled that we’re experimenting and doing our own thing. You know, looking back, we’ve come a long way! Wouldn’t you agree?

12. rxvenomqueen says:

Though I know nothing of LiveJournal, I like having you right here @ Blogger!!