Character Development and Easter Candy

So I went to Walgreen’s and totally spent $10 on candy. Cadbury mini eggs, Cadbury creme eggs, Cadbury orange creme eggs, Wildly Cherry M&M’s, a very small Special Dark bunny, dark chocolate Kissables, and a bag of speckled jelly beans. Yum, the blue raspberry jellies are good! I have to admit, I wasn’t as into the Cadburys as I thought I’d be. Avitable got me all wound up to have the creme eggs, and they totally disappointed. Too sweet. Yuck. Milk chocolate. I haven’t had any mini eggs yet. All the dark chocolate stuff was the shit though, and the cherry chocolate M&M’s… Righteous.

Over at the Bar we’re working on some new terms so that our vamps and their backstory is consistent going forward. With 8 writers, sometimes things get blurred. I copied all my early Lex posts (from the archives – posts that originally were posted at Katie McAlister’s message board) to a Word doc. I’ve been looking at them and changing them over to our new terminology to see how it sounds. I figured this would be a good time to back track and give you the chance to read Lex from the beginning. I’m going to post a few links to PDF files of Lex’s early days in the Bar. On Tuesdays, with my weekly tune, I’ll post another PDF of the Girl With Fangs. Hopefully, you’ll be able to see how she’s really progressed as a character.

Bear in mind that not every post that involves Lex is included in these PDFs. There are posts where she’s mentioned, and a couple of posts with her and Johann having sex, but I’ve left those out. What I’ve collected here are the most important posts about Lex – Lex, Alaric, Carlisle, and the Mother of All Vampires posts. These are the posts that give you the most insight into Lex and Alaric and their relationship. She’s the first character I’ve written at the Bar whom I feel has had a steady progression from supporting character to full blown star. Also, you’ll recall that I’ve said before in this blog that Lex is the character most like me in personality. So if you want some insight into me, you might want to read these PDFs.

The Mother’s Mistakes
The Heart’s Chosen Destiny
Megabitch Meets Asshole
The Mother’s Orbs

My blogger story needs to be picked up once more. I really want to get Raphael’s POV in here soon. I’ve had him at the back of my head, ready and waiting to talk about this woman whose blog totally captured his attention and his emotions. I have a feeling once I open the doc, Rafe is gonna spill out all over the screen. The notion that something very real springboards from their posts and comments is very intriguing to me. I can’t wait for it to get to the point where McKenna opens her door and finds Raphael standing there. Heh heh.

I’m tired. It’s late. Or early, depending on your perspective, so I’m signing off now. Oh! One last thing. I was checking out Diesel’s humor-blogs.com yesterday. Fab’s pretty high up on the list of humor blogs. Impressive. I scrolled through all the pages, intending to discover exactly how many blogs were listed when I realized I am #267. Now, to you 267 is so far down it’s pathetically funny. To me, who doesn’t even think I’m in the least amusing or humorous, 267 is awesome! Then I realized that there were nearly 700 blogs on the list. For me, a blogger who started in January, to be 267 of 700 blogs (give or take) is a HUGE accomplishment. I am in shock and awe. Thanks to all my readers, because without you, I would probably be #684 or whatever the last blog’s number is on that list.

Hoppy chocolate Easter bunny eating day! Don’t choke on the peeps! And for those of you who follow the Sunday Blog Talk Radio shows… see you in the chatroom!

0 Responses to Character Development and Easter Candy

Sure Fab! Anything so I don’t have to eat them. *shudder*

Sure Fab! Anything so I don’t have to eat them. *shudder*

3. Mr. Fabulous says:

I would like to take the top off those Cadbury eggs and spread the creme all over your breastestes and lick it off. Would that be okay?

4. Mr. Fabulous says:

Kyra – They don’t need the candy anyway. Peeps suck. Besides, tomorrow all the chocolate will be 50% off. WOOT!

7. Kyra Sutra says:

Okay. I forgot Easter. Don’t tell my kids.

8. Kyra Sutra says:

Okay. I forgot Easter. Don’t tell my kids.

Yeah, I’d be throwing the creme eggs too. YUCK! They are icky. I don’t know why I used to like them.

11. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Now do you understand why Eric always throws the Cadbury eggs into the crowd? *g*

12. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

You know Vix, I go in cycles. There have been literally times where there were boxes of chocolates on the table at the office, and I walked right past them. Sometimes, I HAVE to have chips and dip. Other times, not interested. I guess I’m weird like that.

Shiny – I loves me some dark chocolate, and all the candy holidays are about the dark stuff for me now. I guess I like the dark because it’s not as sweet. Milk chocolate and I… aren’t pals anymore.

15. Vixen says:

I know you will probably hate me for this but…..

I am not a candy person. No chocolate, no sweets, yuck. I do adore salty things though.

Happy Easter

16. Vixen says:

I know you will probably hate me for this but…..

Happy Easter

17. rxvenomqueen says:

At one time, when I was a wee one, Easter was all about waiting for the Easter bunny to come to my crib so that he may shower me with a shitload of goodies. Since you and I no longer believe in that fluffy dude with long ears, I’m willing to bet it’s safe to say: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOCOLATE NOW ISN’T IT?! *does happy dance*

18. rxvenomqueen says: