Marcus Monday Mutterings

So, I’m a little tweaked that my first night listening to Blog Talk Radio got censored. I really loved all the shows, but when the “network” guy pulled the plug on Kyra Sutra, I saw red. Apparently, he called her before her show even went on and gave her a tongue lashing. The bad kind, not the good kind. Stuff like that really, really irks me. I don’t like it when people set themselves up as the arbiters of what is offensive. As far as I am concerned, HE was offensive. I have his email addy if anyone wants to email him some REAL smut.

Now, for Monday’s luscious Marcus offering. There are so many to choose from, and he is just sooo beautiful… This is one of his younger pics. His hair’s a little longer, his face less weathered. He’s really just fantasically gorgeous. The weird thing is, I think I like him better in his 30’s. Really. The body is just as hot, but there’s something about the character of his face now that he’s in his late 30’s, that just really makes me shiver. I have a hard time separating Marcus’ face from Alaric’s personality, so here’s a little taste of Alaric Kohl as written by his creator, Opalgirl:

We pull up to the Angel of the Waters Fountain, illuminated with lights the water sparkling in the night. I get out of the carriage and take a deep breath, then turn around and place my hands at her waist, lifting my Angel to the ground. We walk slowly to the fountain and stand in front of it. I wrap my arms around Lexie and rest my chin on her head. “Alexandria? I have something I want to say to you.”

Lex steps away and faces me, “What’s wrong Alaric?” I cursed myself seeing the panic in her eyes. Even after our joining she was still so very unsure. Hopefully, this would finally put her worries to rest.

I kneel down on one knee before her and remove the box from my pocket. “Alexandria Valentine McBain, you are my Beloved. The Angel of my heart and I was so very empty and lost until you invaded my dreams and eventually my soul. Would you grant me the privilege and the honor of being my wife?” I slowly open the box and show her the ring.

Her hands cover her mouth and tears start welling in her eyes, “Oh Alaric! Are you sure this is what you want? Because you don’t have to do this. I wouldn’t ever leave you unless you asked it of me. I don’t need this to know you love me.”

I slowly stand and walk over to her, “I want you, Alexandria. All of you. And most of all, I want the world to know it. I want you to have my name, wear my ring, be my wife, and mother of my children.” I take her hand and slide the ring onto her finger, a perfect fit. “And always, always remember that I am the lucky one. Lucky that you saw the worth in me and allowed me to love you. Not the other way around.” I cup her face and wipe away her tears with my thumbs. “So? You gonna marry me or what, Angel?” I smile down at her.

She nods, “Yes, I’ll marry you. I’ll take your name, I’ll wear your ring, I’ll be your wife and the mother of your children. All of it. I want all of it too, Alaric!” I bend down, capturing her mouth in a hard kiss, pick her up, and swing her around. She breaks the kiss laughing. “I love you, put me down you big giraffe!”

I set her down laughing, “Yeah, but I’m YOUR giraffe, angel.”

Whew! I need to cool myself off after that blast from the Bar past! There are a lot hotter posts, but just imagining Marcus saying those words makes the old ticker thump harder and faster.

Two more things and I can call it quits for today. First up is pimping. I’ve been reading up about pimping out my blog. All the reading has me thinking maybe I should change the name from Life or Something Like (B)it to It’s All About the Bite or Bite Me. My little entrecard and my profile at BlogTalkRadio have the logo with “Bite Me” on it. What do you think?

Also, going hand in hand with the pimping, is that open slot on Fab’s show. I kinda, sorta, tentatively, proffered myself to him for that guest slot. I am a BTR newb. I have no clue how it works or what to do or say. But if Fab wants me, I will pimp myself over to his show and try to be scintillating and sexy. BTW, That’s a banner for Fab who is pimping himself out for a worthy cause. Please feel free to post that banner on your blog and link it to THIS March of Dimes campaign. Happy Birthday Fab! MUAH

More pimping of my blog: My rant is up over at Today’s Gripe and you will find me splashed all over Blogs We Luv on the 11th. I’m learning the pimping ways of the Blogosphere!

My last thing to cover for this post is the Marcus Awards. Next week is our second monthly recap. We are halfway to a prize winner! WOOT! I can hardly wait to tally up the Marcuses to see who is in the lead. This week’s leader was Susan with 6 Marcuses. She’s followed by Mary with 5, and Tempest with 3. Matt, Jennifer and Kaige each earned 2 Marcuses. Our 1 Marcus winners were: Darla, Harris, Laura, Nicholas, Livvy, Shiny, and Mr. Fabulous. Newcomers Nicola Pedley, Ashley Ladd, Swubird, and Wendy each got 1 Marcus too. Congrats to all! Don’t forget to come back and make meaningful comments to earn more Marcuses. And check back a week from today to see who is in the lead for a lovely gift with fangs! Happy Marcus Monday!

0 Responses to Marcus Monday Mutterings

1. rxvenomqueen says:

Well, I’m just now being able to enjoy Marcus Monday. *sigh* What a good Wednesday it is now that I’ve seen your choice and read what you had to say about the man.

2. rxvenomqueen says:

It was a discussion of men being rectally stimulated so as to massage the prostate. They hadn’t even gotten to the fisting yet! Thanks for stopping by Diesel!

5. Diesel says:

Wow, what do you have to say to get censored on blog talk radio? Seems like you’d have to be in favor of monkeys sodomizing orphans or something.

No, wait, I think Fab has done that.

6. Diesel says:

No, wait, I think Fab has done that.

Ya know Kyra… when you say “smoothly” I get visions of hands stroking over skin. I don’t get that vision when Fab says “smoothly”, but I bet he gets the same vision I do when you say it. 😉

9. the108 says:

Mmmmm… Marcus….

Hopefully, next time you tune in things will run more smoothly 🙂

10. the108 says:

Mmmmm… Marcus….

Hopefully, next time you tune in things will run more smoothly 🙂

Tempest, he’s my focus every Monday until I run out of pics… and then I’ll just have to go find more!

13. Tempest Knight says:

Woman, you keep killing me with those droolicious pics of Marcus. Yummy!

14. Tempest Knight says:

Woman, you keep killing me with those droolicious pics of Marcus. Yummy!

Yeah, Bite Me is such a finger flipping name, don’t you think? LOL

Fab, I don’t cry easily unless you’re writing romance. I can be a very hardy soul. I will however, keep pimping Mrs. Fab’s cause because the PITA and I both were preemies.

Susan, some weeks are weeks where you are absorbing life in order to breathe life into your work. In other words, breaks are needed to gain perspective! *wink*

Yeah, Bite Me is such a finger flipping name, don’t you think? LOL

17. MaryO says:

I agree with Susan on this one. I like the name of your blog. But I also like Bite me to. It just sounds like something you would say.

18. Mr. Fabulous says:

You RAWK. You rock so much, that when it comes your turn on the radio, I might not even make you cry…

19. MaryO says:

20. Mr. Fabulous says:

21. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Six?

Well, shit. No wonder I got no writing done last week.

(btw, I’d leave the name of the blog, but that’s just me)

22. Susan Helene Gottfried says:

Six?

Well, shit. No wonder I got no writing done last week.

(btw, I’d leave the name of the blog, but that’s just me)

23. Karl says:

Happy 2-year anniversary! Great stories, ha, I guessed wrong. Can’t believe you posted your breasts on Craigslist, you hoor. 🙂

24. Karl says: