If you read last night’s rant and read the X-rated link I left in the comments, you will know why this TT is late, and not thorough like my others have been. Meh. Everyone’s entitled to an off Thursday.
Thirteen Bits About The Bar Story
1. The Bar Story started at author Katie MacAlister’s forum. It was originally supposed to be RP, I think, but it evolved over time into a true serial story.
2. I came to the story about a year after it started. It took me two weeks to read all the posts and figure out how I was going to insert a new main character into the storylines.
3. We call our XXX rated sex posts WOFs, which stands for Words on Fire. When the Bar was at Katie’s site, we had to have a separate section for over 18 only, where we posted explicit sex scenes. It was a bit of a drag and eventually Shiny said, why are we doing this? She expressed a wish for our own board so we could get rid of the whole WOF thread and just post a sex scene like we would any other. Me, being the net fiend that I am, knew how to make a message board… so I did! And the Bar Forum was born.
4. Almost every character has a physical representation by someone famous or quasi-famous. We have some pics on the forum, mostly newer characters, but all of them are on a webpage. Usually we introduce a new character by posting their pic on the forum. That way, everyone knows someone new is coming to the story!
5. There are 7 active writers of the Bar Story: Opalgirl, RxQueen (Shiny), Mary, Avalon, Serenity, Twisted, Del, and myself. We have a few people who left the story due to real life issues and we’ve all been hopeful they will return, but it doesn’t look like they will. Those folks are Spottboy, Gayla, Fang, and Kitt.
6. Speaking of the writers, there are two men who have contributed to this story, Spottboy and Twisted. Spottboy is Mary’s DH. He’s in the National Guard. Twisted is a hottie from Scotland who is an art student.
7. We’ve only had one official wedding at the Bar, Alaric and Alexandria’s. They got hitched at the Bellagio.
8. We’ve had one live birth at the Bar, record producer Dominic Solent’s daughter who is actually the product of a bit of magic and blood from a demi-goddess. We’ve also had a hatching – quadruplet dragons who have special powers and were prophesied to unite the dragon world.
9. We have a few completely new races of Immortals that we created ourselves, elementals, Enchanters, and Fallen Angels. At least, those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Opalgirl created the elementals. Serenity created the Enchanters, and I created the Fallen Angels.
10. Gayla is so beloved and missed that even though her two main characters Gayla and Nikolai are no longer being written, the other writers still write about them. We’ve also taken on two of her minor characters, Gayla’s dad Dravened Draco and Nik’s brother Demetri, and continued on with them.
11. I killed off a major villain with an amusing quip. Onyx the evil black dragon challenged his half brother Tristan for his mate, and control of the black sept. They have a big sword fight and Onyx loses. He’s laying on the floor, with Tristan’s sword Redemption at his throat, and he’s taunting Tristan that he will never be half the wyvern Onyx was. He’s babbling about how the history books will portray him as the better wyvern. Tristan cuts off his head in mid sentence. When Tristan calls his daughter Rhiannon to tell her all is well, he tells her that Onyx was babbling and he shut him up the only way he knew how. Heh heh.
12. Our vampires don’t explode into ash in the sunlight. They basically just get a bad sunburn. Plus, the older they are, the easier they withstand the light.
13. We tried introducing a werewolf into the story once, but he really didn’t take, so Opal killed him off. When she reintroduced the weres, she brought in packs and now they are an integral part of the story.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
That’s it for this Thursday! If the Bar interests you, come on by and sign up for the forum. Either I or the luscious Opalgirl will approve you and point you in the direction of all the sex posts! It really is a fascinating and fun read.