Thirteen Graphics I’ve Made in Photoshop
1. I made this to use as a sig tag at the Zanctuary message board. The hot body is Andre Coelho. I use Photoshop 7. Can’t afford a newer version yet, and this one is still working for me so I can’t justify getting a new version. This sig has 3 layers. The font is Hans Hand. I really do love 501’s on men… Ummmmn!
2. I made this avatar to use at Z too. It’s the companion graphic to the 501s. It’s also Andre Coelho. I used the same layer style as the sig tag. It also uses the Hans Hand font. If you want a good place to get fonts try fontgarden.com. The owner has a lot of handwriting fonts and uses famous and/or funny quotes to create a sample of each font that is available to download. The site is a really great resource for people who make graphics.
3. This is the sig tag I made to use at the Black Dagger Brotherhood message board. It’s a reference to the BDB character Zsadist. There are 4 layers to this sig. The font is Scriptina, which is the font I use on this blog’s graphics.
4. This is the banner I made for a character I created at Bardic Web. Famke Janssen is the woman. I got bored with BW. Role play isn’t as much fun to write as the full blown story writing we do at the Bar. There are 6 layers to this banner, and the font is called Vivaldi.
5. This is an avatar I made for Twisted at the BDB message board. He wanted a pimp and his name in a cool font. When I told him I had an Old English font that dripped blood, he got really excited. LOL The font is called Blood of Dracula. The text is metallic looking because of a lighting effect called Crossing Down. If you click on the image and look at the bigger one, you’ll see the sheen to the letters.
6. This is a graphic I made for a Bar t-shirt at Cafepress. The idea came from my Bar character Weylyn, who is a werewolf. Weylyn is bi-sexual and the literal horn dog of the story. He is a fun guy, always looking to get his “were” on; his euphemism for getting laid. There are six layers to this graphic, and the font is Vivaldi. If you’re interested in the Bar t-shirts, the link to the store is on the Bar website.
7. Ah, a lovely Bar sig tag or banner. You’ll find this at the Bar’s Cafepress store too. The graphic uses the Bar’s fanged logo and the Vivaldi font. I think we have stickers available with this logo. I mostly use it for a banner.
8. I made this avatar to use at the BDB message board. It features Kelly Monaco. You remember Kelly, I’m sure. Heh. I made this because they were having an event on the board, and I wanted to look like I was ready for the party! This graphic uses the Pristina font, which is a really excellent font for graphics. I made a few other graphics for use during that BDB event, including “bouncer” avatars for the mods, featuring Vin Diesel.
9. This is another of my avatars for the Bar. That’s Joss Stone in the photo. The font is called Freebooter Script. The reason it says Guilty Pleasure is because at the time I used this avatar, Tait was a new character in the story. She was on a mission to seduce another woman’s mate. The guy was a bad boy, and he was pretty helpless to resist Tait. Even so, he was eaten up with guilt over wanting her. They end up together, but not for long. They both realize they’re better friends than lovers.
10. My current Bar avatar. It features singer Natalie Imbruglia and Italian actor Raffaelo Balzo. They depict my character Tarren and her mate, Jen’s character Helios, who are silver dragons. Currently, in the story, Helios is missing, hence – Lover Come Back. I made this by cutting off the head of the guy behind Natalie. Then, I replaced it with Raffaelo’s head and blurred it to match the blurred body.
11. I made this in an Intermediate Photoshop class my company sent me to about 5 years ago when I was putting together graphics for their merchandise kiosks. This graphic was made when the instructor was going over how to do some of the really cool things, like make text look like it was on fire.
12. These are the jockey silks for my Stupor Stable at the DerbyFever.com thoroughbred horse racing sim. It’s a backwards Superman S. The whole thing was a tongue in cheek spoof of the sim’s Super Stables, which are run by 4 of the best players in the game.
13. This is Weylyn, my current Bar sig. Well, really it’s Ian Somerhalder. LOL But this is how I envision Weylyn when I write him. The font is called Natalie’s Scribble. I think it’s actually someone’s handwriting. There’s a place on the net where you can make a font of your handwriting. The bad thing is, you have to pay for it. Some day, I may do this, since my handwriting isn’t too bad, if I’m paying attention to what I’m doing!